Capella Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Capella Education Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capella Education.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, so I suspect that I jumped to the top of the interview pile. I came to Capella and interviewed with one of the Executive Assistants, and the assistant who I would be replacing. After that, I interviewed with the executive that I would be supporting. The interview was comfortable, with the standard questions regarding organization and time management.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capella Education (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

First I completed a phone interview, and then got invited to an in person interview. The interview went ok, but employers already seemed disinterested and like it was an inconvenience for them to be doing the interview

Academic Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capella Education.

Interview

The process went smoothly, I was referred by a friend and the process of the interview and hiring went smoothly and quickly. They have a small start date window which was the only down side.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capella Education (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

The first point of contact was a simple phone interview with human resources. It was a 20 minute conversation where we went over some basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? What is your current salary requirements? Talk about your current skill set, very surface level stuff.   1 Answer

Strategic Learning Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capella Education.

Interview

There were multiple phone interviews. Hiring manager, and manager from opposite coast. After about 3 total phone interviews, they will fly you to HQ and put you up in a hotel.

In the f2f interviews you will meet with about 5 different members of the organization (30 minute sessions), then have to give a presentation to all of them at the end.

End of story, if you do not impress some of this panel in the f2f (the ones that have little to no field experience) you may not get the role despite your book of business or qualifications. I do not know what expectations they have, or I would share. If one of them tells you "she built their program from the ground up", then simply stroke her ego. The interview is no longer about you or what you bring to the table at that point, and could possibly be a source of the myopic thinking that has Capella satisfied with the same number of enrollments over a 20 year span, that SNHU has doubled in under half that time.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me about a time" sales questions. No behavioral.   Answer Question

Flex Path Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capella Education (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

The first round of the interview process was conducted over the phone by Hector Ortiz, who is the corporate recruiter. One of the first questions he asked me was to tell him about Capella. He then asked some general questions about how my work experience related to the job I was applying for. For example, "tell me a successful strategy you have used for coaching a student or client." The feedback he gave me was that my answers were too long, and my description of Capella was too in-depth. He was basically looking for me to tell him the information on the home page of their website. He suggested that a good response to a question would be 2 minutes at the longest. He passed me on to the next round of interviews, which was an in-person interview with two of the people I would be working with. The interview followed a behavioral interview script.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to do something. The rest of the questions came out of the behavioral interview template: i.e. there were questions about tell me a time when you had an especially heavy workload; tell me about a time when you had to meet a deadline; tell me how you handle conflict etc.   1 Answer

Business Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capella Education (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in person interview. The HR contact stated that she would let me know about next steps for the third and final interview. After a week, I sent an email asking for an update and she stated that the position was already filled by an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if your project was scrapped at the last minute?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capella Education (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview went well but the gal interviewing me was 10 minutes late. I wouldn't have minded but it infringed on a very strict time frame I had. Then they set me up with an in person interview and she was 10 minutes late again. This time the interview still went well but I was starting to feel that might be the general attitude of their office of this was my first impression. Then she told me she would get back to me, "early next week" but I didn't get the polite decline email until the following week. So, in a way, I'm relieved.

Interview Questions

• Collaboration: What do you do to fill time when you have little to nothing scheduled or assigned to you on a given day?   Answer Question
    • Some administrative tasks may not be the most exciting. Tell me about a task you struggle to complete and how you make sure it gets done   Answer Question
    • ​Level of comfort reaching out to people and asking for direction from executive team when needed?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capella Education (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred to Capella by a current employee on the senior leadership team. They were already into the process for summer interns, but they were able to fit me in for one position. I went to the office downtown and was interviewed by the two intern sponsors of the position. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and I was told they would contact me soon. I was contacted a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capella Education.

Interview

-Phone interview
    -Two in-person interviews
    - For my last interview I met with the whole team and each member explained their roles and how the company supports its employees through collaboration, benefits, flexible schedules, and job skills training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation window was 24 hours