Capgemini Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capgemini Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in college.
First of all, I had a morning slot in my college for the interview. I couldn't sleep the last night because I had an exam on the same day as well! Now, first off, I prepared well for the interview and the interviewer was hardly interested to know me at all. He was a manager based in the local office. He was a plain guy with a technical bent and he asked me random questions from my work experience. Since my answers were long, I had to summarize each experience which made it tough for him to understand. The manager was barely interested in my answers and cut me off in between. How will you understand my answers if you don't listen to the full of it? Within the first 10 minutes, he seemed uninterested and wanted to wrap up the interview. Thank you for the experience Capgemini, I look forward to never applying here again. You may have many candidates applying but you have lost good ones.
If you are a manager, give your candidates time and make them feel comfortable! I heard a couple of my other friends had super cool managers who made them feel like home! Just my luck!

The rest of the HR were enthusiastic and happy to meet us. Kudos to them!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

During the Interview Process, there were three different rounds. The first round was a phone screening. The second round is in person and the third round is scenario based. The phone interview is behavioral based, and the in person and scenario interviews are a bit more difficult.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you were faced with a challenge and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through on campus recruitment.
    I went onto the second round interviews on site for roughly 2 hours.
    There are 3 interviews back to back and you will be partnered with a "buddy" who will talk to you and take you to all the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied on Campus. Attended info session, career fair table, and two pre-interview dinners/mixers. On-campus interview was short- solely behavioral. Heard back shortly after and interviewed in Chicago office. Arrived early to read through case, then went on to do three thirty-minute interviews. Two were behavioral, one case. The case is unique in that you choose from a list of solutions and explain why. I felt that the case was rushed- spent too much time asking questions to gain more information, and not enough time talking about solutions. I think this was my main issue. My interviewer talked a lot about the importance of the case but I didn't feel that I got to display my skills in working through it.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario-based questions- "if you were a consultant and this happened, how would you handle it?" It was hard to know how to give an example from my own experience to support my answer to the questions.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

First round phone interview. Its quite easy just basic java questions and there is a online assessment but not useful. I didn't do it and I got onsite.
    Onsite also easy questions like quicksort,arraylist. There are also a bunch of conceptual questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I met first with a recruiter at my university's career fair, where I submitted my resume. I attended an on-campus information session (in New York City) where I gave my resume to an employee in the Financial Services consulting division. I was contacted shortly after for an HR phone interview (basic questions like salary expectation), then a second phone interview with a member of the practice who asked questions about my experience, why Capgemini, what can you bring to this position, etc. After over two weeks of waiting I was called in for an in-person interview. A case study was provided several days prior to the interview, which we were to present. My presentation took about an hour. The second in-person interview (on the same day) involved tests of presentation skills, defending an argument, persuading someone to accept your argument and other questions related to your experience and how it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Using this whiteboard or a piece of paper, explain to me why I should hire you.

Case study given several days prior to the interview that was 5-6 pages long involving data sets and a fictive e-mail correspondence between employees at a bank. There were no direct instructions, but we were told to prepare a presentation analyzing the issues in the case.
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

I applied through a college career center website, and I got called in to interview on campus a few weeks later. Outside of the interview room, additional Capgemini consultants were there to answer any questions/introduce yourself to before the actual interview. Everyone was extremely personable and friendly. The actual interview, however, was really awkward. My interviewer asked a lot of random situational questions that seemed really off the wall. The gaps between questions were uncomfortable…it just wasn't a good interview to say the least. Pretty unfortunate as well because the job sounded like something I would have loved.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel it is important to work with people of many different cultures and backgrounds? Why? (or something like that)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in October 2013.

Interview

1st round phone interview with employee in the division you're interviewing for. At the superday, there's a group case interview with your fellow applicants, a 1-on-1 case interview (which you're given beforehand to prepare for), and a behavioral interview. Employees are really smart and nice.

Anonymous Employee in India, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini (India, MS) in June 2013.

Interview

Telephonic Round and Managerial Round followed by salary negotiation.It was pretty ok.Need to clear the technical round for reaching other rounds.Having good communication skills may help.One must know how to negotiate salary else the HR may not give you as expected.Overall if you are prepared well you will definitely be able to make it.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

4 Rounds:
    1) Written test