Capgemini Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capgemini Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

305 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on 3 occasions over 12 hours total while attending college. Interview was in a stressful format to press interviews similar to a workplace situation. Went through group and one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• what applicable technical experience do you have for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Irving, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an initial screening through resume drops at the school, then an on-campus behavioural interview session. Then there was three interviews (on one day, two behavioural and one case study) at the Capgemini site.

The beginning of this process went very well. I was pleased with the first interview on campus- I had a senior level brief interview that lasted around 30 minutes. I got an email for the on-site interview a week and a half later. Upon arrival to Capgemini headquarters, we were given 20 minutes or so to prepare for the case interview.

My first interview was behavioural. I was asked a series of assigned questions that were extremely standardized. I don't think those questions allowed room for the interviewer to get to know the other person very well. The staff member even mentioned that the questions asked were questions they were required to go through. In the end, this staff member spent most of the time speaking about themselves and we ran out of time for me to fully explain my answers. I felt really rushed during this interview.

My second interview was the Case Study interview. I had prepared the best I could for this portion and was ready to go. I was in and out of that room with full confidence that I had nailed it. The staff member had said "I should just hire you right now!", and "You're making me really think about this case study"! Positive feedback. However, I couldn't help but think that the staff member had gone in more unprepared for that case interview than I had.

The third interview was also behavioural. We touched a little bit on skill sets, but since I have no technical background, that was a short portion of it. This interviewer seemed more interested in the competitor I had interned for more than the skills I had acquired from my interview.

I heard back about a month later. I felt as prepared as possible and was surprised to receive a rejection due to my overall mediocre interviews on site.

Interview Questions

• This riddle question was most unexpected. I think it applied to this particular staff member, but it was completely unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was held on 3 separate days with various 1:1 interviews and a mock business challenge, in which a group of candidates work together to present to a room of other candidates/Capgemini reps. The first two interviews were held in San Antonio and I was invited to their Houston office to attend the third-and final- interview. I was extremely disappointed in the interview process and the recruitment team at this Capgemini office. The first interview was held in October and it wasn't until mid-December that I received their decision (by email). They decided to "move[] forward with those candidates whose backgrounds and career interests are more aligned with our current recruiting goals" --perhaps meaning that my science background was not an acceptable fit for their consulting business. I can respect this decision, but I would have been very grateful to know this before making the 6 hour drive to/from Houston. Two of the Capgemini employees holding interviews with me had admitted they did not glance at my resume; perhaps this is the reason they did not disqualify me as a non-business major. Those who were given offers heard back 2-3 weeks before I did; I might have been held in a "wait-to-contact" list until others accepted or rejected their offers. I would have preferred honesty and transparency throughout the process.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Easy and non-stressful. 3 interviews of 30 minutes each with 3 different people from different service lines. Emailed a description of the various service lines within the company before final round of interview. Company would fly you in for the final interview if needed.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

I was asked about my technical experience in Salesforce...It went good as I had experience with it,,They asked about basics in salesforce and work with my previous client..and earlier project work

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-site at South SF office for entry-level consulting role in General Practice. Behavioral and case interview over a period of about 2 hours total. I was told I would interview with a manager and a VP at the firm. I arrived about ten minutes early, but was made to wait longer than usual. I never ended up interviewing with either of the two people mentioned.

Instead, a different first interviewer came about ten minutes late, and curtly directed me to follow him. He put the case interview on me first, which was not the order I expected. Case wasn't too bad and the interviewer was reasonably responsive during the process, although he played with his smartphone in plain sight while I was working on computations, and could act cold at times during the interview. Was not very friendly.

They then put me back in the lobby. I could clearly see the woman VP I was supposed to interview with, but they shifted me to another VP in the company. The other VP made me wait about 20 minutes in the lobby before the next (behavioral) interview. He initially started off nice and friendly, but quickly became condescending and commanding. There was no structure for the interview. He seemed to instead try picking up on various parts of whatever we were talking about and would become combative and insult me. He also asked me where I was from at the start of the interview, even though that's against the law.

I started talking about a research project I was doing, and he asked me to explain it. He became extremely cocky and aggressive. He started vehemently attacking parts of my project, even insulting me as ignorant. He commanded me to give a presentation in front of him about my project by drawing slides on his white board. He would frequently cut me off and tell me I had only a few seconds left. He commanded me to tell him what the most major flaw in my project was. He kept telling me my answers were wrong before asserting that something else was my project's fatal flaw, as if he was speaking down to a child.

He proceeded to ask me about a recent news event and my thoughts on it. Whenever I brought up a viewpoint and backed it up, he kept cutting me off and told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong. He cut me off multiple times before I stated I would stick with my answer/opinion on the news event.

He then gave me a brainteaser and I started to work through it on his whiteboard. As I was doing so, he started to interrupt me and mock me for not knowing the correct number for the population of SF. He asked "Don't you read those signs on the Golden Gate or Bay Bridge while you are driving?" Since he seemed to know, I asked him to offer what the correct population number for SF was. He refused to do so. After finishing he further mocked me and asked how I could be a PS major or be from California, and not know the exact population of SF. He asked "You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco? Do you not even care?" I stayed silent, but he kept egging me on, saying "No, really, do you not really care?" I said "No, I..." before he cut me off and said "Oh, so you don't care?!" I said that no, that wasn't it, that I simply did not have the number of SF population at that time.

After this dressing down, he concluded the interview. Overall, a very, very rude and denigrating experience, and from a VP with over ten years experience with the firm who was very abusive to a college student interviewing at his firm.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who just makes assumptions without even thinking?
      You call yourself a political science major and don't even know the population of San Francisco?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

7 interviews no avail: HR(1) /Tech (2) /Mgmt (2) /Sr. Mgmt (2)

Lacked professionalism in conducting interview. Lacked internal co-ordination between HR and Delivery team. Interviewers saying opposite things during Q&A, were red-flags. None of them said anything good about working at Capgemini or its culture. For a direct question: I got a response that there are many projects and lots of work. They are only focused on staffing the project not on employee, appeared to be more of a staff aug. type. Submitted to end-client without permission before finalizing offer and someone from client location reached me back. People do not matter. Hope they notice and correct.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to interview the next day. Proceeded to second and third round. Got a call to go on a project in the Fall was told I had an offer-- never got a hard copy of my offer instead got an email 3 weeks later that they were looking at other candidates.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

4 levels of hiring process having written, group discussion, technical and manegerial. The Group discussion was interesting and major candidates disqualified in this round of hiring. technical is very through. and manegerial is just a formality and over all all selected in final round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fixed price

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Had first round in school. Basic behavior kind questions. ex. how you solve a difficult problem in team?
    After a week, received an email from HR to move to the onsite interview. Onsite has three rounds talking to three different interviewers one on one. One is a case interview.