Capgemini Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capgemini Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

302 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process included a pre-interview reception and then screening interviews on my college campus. The first screening interview was a simple resume review. After that, I completed an onsite interview, which consisted of three interviews with senior staff. One of those interviews was a case study. Capgemini's staff was friendly and they seemed really passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• The onsite interview included a case study. Since I hadn't completed many case studies before, I was nervous. However, it wasn't bad.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Office Interview was 3 rounds each being 30 minutes. Case Study, Behavioral, and Skills. Each round was with a different interviewer. When I was arrived I was greeted and then given the case study. Shortly after I was sent to my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever make a mistake that affected a team and how was it handled and lessons learned?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university during career fair. After a week I got on-campus behavioral interview. After another week I was invited for 3 on-site interviews. Waited 2 months to hear back from them about their decision, every single time I emailed HR I got this response, "We do not have any updates for you". I emailed them I had other offers and requested them to make a decision. They didn't. I ended up accepting other offers. Still haven't heard back from Capgemini. I followed up with several other classmates (US citizens/Green card holders) who also had interviews at Capgemini, they had offers from Capgemini within 2 weeks after the interviews. Later after speaking with an "insider" I learned that Capgemini does not hire international students and if they accidentally end up inviting an international student for interview (which was true in my case) they would purposely not make a decision (for 1-2 months) and when all positions are filled up they would send you a rejection email. If you're an international student here in the US, don't bother to interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were easy. Behavioral interview, Functional Interview and Case study interview. You basically don't need to prepare, just use your common sense. After behavioral and functional interviews, the interviewers told me "You killed it!!!". So I can tell you that it was pretty easy....but its up to you how to impress the interviewers.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in August 2014.

Interview

Mostly related to Technologies and the client round was very interesting like a quiz and the 2 technical rounds went very smooth and after that had one HR interview. The compensation was non negotiable and was satisfactory also

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of three rounds. The first round was an on-campus 30 minute interview, the second was an on-site interview in the Atlanta office and consisted of three 30 minute interviews. The final round was a phone interview with a senior partner that lasted around 30 minutes. The questions were fairly standard behavioral based, the only exception being a case study during the on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not that difficult, mainly behavioral based. The case study was not difficult either. The only one that was somewhat difficult asked was "How do you think you will handle the coding, since your background is not in computer engineering?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One with a Sr Consultant, one with a Manager or above and one with a Sr. Manager or above. The interview questions ranged anywhere from behavioral to situational/hypothetical questions (ex: how many people are wearing purple shirts right now or how many airplanes are flying over the sky right now). There used to be a one hour case study exam, which was a bit tough to get through in the time allotted, that was used to judge your logic and problem solving skills...but I think they got rid of it.

They also had you do a fake sales pitch/presentation about something you were passionate about. The interviews and questions differ depending on who you have interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are flying over the USA right now? It was more challenging than difficult and did challenge your through process which I loved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Same with my colleagues

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

There is one on campus interview followed by an in-office interview day, consisting of 3 separate 30 minute interviews. The campus interview was a 1:1 with a Staff Consultant, it was a behavioral. The three in-office interviews were all with higher level (manager or higher) and were behavioral and one case interview. All interviews were approximately 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

I was referred directly by a friend who worked at Capgemini. The interview process took about 4 weeks. I was interviewed by four people, two managers, a senior manager, and a principle.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met other staff consultants at campus career fair and got an on-campus interview. Interviewed with one senior consultant on-campus, then went thru to second rounds in the Atlanta office. Interviewed with three different employees for 30 minutes each, including one Principal. One interview covered a brief case study.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than all of our other candidates? Proceeded to answer this question several times as the interviewer kept shooting down my responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate a little bit, but I was unaware of this at the time my offer was extended. You can also negotiate starting date. I recommend starting earlier in the summer than in August, as there are three starting classes for the summer new hires.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

I received an interview with Capgemini through career services as school. The interview was about an hour long. It was a one on one session with a Capgemini employee. He asked basic behavioral questions like how did you handle a difficult situation. Also had to explain things on my resume.