Capgemini Consulting Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capgemini Consulting Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

2.8

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Capgemini recruiter through Linked In. Within a week had three phone interviews with company managers. The following week, I was asked to attend an in person interview event at Atlanta or Dallas. Flew me in, covered the air and one night hotel expense. Met with a VP and a Senior Manager for about 45 minutes each. In less than a week following the in person interviews, received an email from the HR recruiter saying that they were not offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Dated recruiting model. Asked a lot of 'tell me about a time' questions. As a potential experienced hire, they said they were expanding rapidly and looking to deepen their talent base in my area of expertise, yet focused almost one entire discussion asking questions on willingness to travel and willingness to sell.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 3 phone interviews on 3 separate occasions. Then I had an in office interview which I met 4 more people. The interview process was pretty straight forward. There wasn't any trick question. I guess they just wanted to see if I am comfortable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Don't really have one. Everything is quite on the surface level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was much negotiation. I thought the overall compensation is fair.

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Number of interviews: three. First one was a general interview with practice manager. Second one was with peers (very senior consultants) based on a case study question. Third one was with HR about salary etc.

Interview Questions

• Business case study was difficult (very generalised). Prepare to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave my initial expectations of salary $120k. I was offered salary at $110K.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini in April 2012.

Interview

* directly appied through their website
    * three weeks later, received invite to telephone interview
    * had to chase - three weeks later - for outcome
    * received invite to assessment day - which was a shambles
    * it was an EVENING 'assessment day' (WORST time of day for people to be at their best) - so much for putting the candidate first, which they stated it was important to make us feel comfortable!
    * questions were about self and evidence, yet feedback was about lack of pyramid selling (ie - how would you sell in more consultants) - unethical in my opinion. Commercial balance is required and more fair for customer yet able to increase revenue (my approach) - NOT pyramid selling! Cap didn't call it that - but called it 'selling more consultants'. No difference in my opinion.
    * did not follow through on promises regarding timescales
    * alot of other things went subjectively, not allowing for discussion - not clear on their marking scheme,

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capgemini (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in October 2011.

Interview

I was asked by a former manager, whether I wanted to join. Until then I had never thought about join Capgemini.

Normally their first interview is with a chief consultant and second with the unit manager/COO. For me it was with the COO first, because of the executive referral. The high-level though didn't seem to influence the hiring decision.

The first interview was very open and honest in a good atmosphere and I left with a quite good impression.

After the first interview I was asked to to a skills test. At second interview a HR manager went through the analysis and told me nothing prevented me from getting the job. I then had a new interview with the COO and a chief consultant. Again, same pleasant atmosphere.

A few days later they called and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you have managed that has failed   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were pretty tough on the compensation package with only few possibilities of adjustments.

Focus on other elements than salary. Bonus scheme can be negotiated. Also, get them to skip the 3 month "trial period" (will give you 3 months extra pension).

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini (Paris (France)) in November 2016.

Interview

Dans une premier temps j'ai postulé auprès d'une société de recrutement. Cette société m'a fait passé deux entretiens, un par téléphone et un par skype; ainsi que des tests de personalité.
    Suite à cela ma candidature a été transmise. J'ai rapidement eu un entretien skype avec un manager puis deux entretiens à Paris avec une RH et une associé.
    J'ai reçu une proposition trois jours après.

Interview Questions

• Q: Expérience dont vous êtes le plus fier?
      Q: Qu'est ce que vous apporterez à notre entreprise?
      Q: Comment vous gérez des situations de conflit?
      Answer Question