Capgemini Invent Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Consultant

Capgemini Invent Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Capgemini Invent

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent.

Interview

One of my friend just submitted my resume for an opening in a team. It was a a major change for me to move from marketing to consulting. They turned up suddenly after 5 weeks to ask for my availability and arranged first round interview directly with hiring manager. The hiring manager left no stone un-turned to make it a grueling interview. Next was HR round which was super funny. The HR personnel spent 20 minutes approx explaining about org structure and speaking high about company values. When it came to compensation, she was super pleased to offer anywhere from 65K to 70K for this role. When I told her my expectation, she said she would offer 135K. This shows the integrity of the organization where they offer a range of package with more than double the difference.
Good luck young MBA grads & be careful while you negotiate.

Interview Questions

• How did you conduct market research? Why do you want to move to consulting from marketing? Have you ever presented in front of C-level execs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini Invent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent (Hartford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was quick but some rescheduling was done prior to interview. there was 2 telephone interview and one Skype interview. they were good in email communication and time slot was flexible.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through a 3-round interview process which was fairly common for consulting companies. Experience was friendly but challenging. Met great interviewers. Questions were fairly common too. I found that the overall process went pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure (what are the stages) a digital transformation project?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent.

Interview

1st round - 2 case interviews on-campus. Tough, but fair, questions. Interviewers seemed bright & capable. Received a call 3 days later telling me that I was moving on to the next round.
    2nd round (6 days later) - 2 case, 1 fit interviews at office. Cases were a bit more challenging and involved. Had a very favorable impression of the interviewers - seemed like bright & capable people. Of course, they were all gone by the time I joined the firm. Office was an interesting - had an "ASE" which allows clients to come together to solve challenging business problems. Got a tour of the ASE after the interview, which I think was supposed to be a selling point (of course, I never got to go to an ASE during my time with the company).
    Received an verbal offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were confidential, but involved market sizing, reading graphs, assessing business transformation issues, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with base comp but signing bonus was low (only $5K). I managed to negotiate up to $10K with some difficulty, and changed office location as well, with minimal difficulty.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

For the grad student university pipeline, it started with a corporate presentation, followed by some networking events and essentially a presentation at their office.

Two rounds of interviews. The first round consisted of two cases with some behavioral mixed in. The second was a half-day consisting of a presentation (just on paper to a single Vice President, one on one), two more cases, and some time in between to just chat and get to know some of the consultants at the office. For all of the interviews, there was an unusually large amount of time towards the end to ask questions and talk, compared to other consulting company interviews I had.

I had a very positive impression of the people who interviewed me. They all seemed very intelligent, and were all down to earth and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews were supposed to be business cases. The second case, however, was not a conventional strategy, marketing, or operations case, but more on dealing with client relationships as a consultant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are standardized, well-established pipeline for MBA recruiting. Not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

On-campus interview, Jersey City interview Super day with other MBAs. Very friendly interviewers and contacts made the process very personal and less stressful. Ultimately, I chose to accept the offer because of the quality and candor of the people I would work with.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a taxi cab medallion? That's it. Very open-ended. Answer is 90% about the process and structure, 10% about the quantitative abilities   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got bump on starting bonus, none on salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview that was primarily behavioral and was asked to come in for a formal interview at the Chicago office. I then met with 2 Principles, Managing Consultant and Senior Consultant. The interview process was relatively painless. There was one case study where the Principle will really have you dive deep in the case, but it really is more an open discussion where they want to see how you think. It was much different than the "typical" case study one may see at McKinsey or Booz. Maintain your confidence, think critically and have fun. Honestly, they want to see if they can sit in a room for 12 hours a day and get along with you. The remaining interviews focused on your experience and it was more a discussion that an interview that peppered you with questions. I do remember getting a few of the standard questions; What has been the most challenging obstacle you faced in your career and how did you overcome it? Describe a time when you had to lead a group and how did you succeed?

I received a call the next day that the team wanted to move forward but had to get the buy in from senior leadership. This is where things went downhill. It took 3/4 follow ups over the course of 5 weeks with HR to finally receive the offer. I had honestly lost faith that I was no longer a candidate for the position. I have a feeling that if I didn't constantly follow up every week I would not have received the offer. The communication was average at best.

The poor communication concerned me, but the overall feeling I left the interview with that it would be a great "fit" won over and I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a signing bonus and they were unwilling to move.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent.

Interview

First round interviews included one case interview (45 minutes) and one behavioral interview (45 minutes). After getting through the first round, the second round interview process was similar to the first round process (another case interview and another behavioral interview). The second round interview also included a 15 minutes behavioral interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Typical case interview that included several handouts, graphs, charts, etc. Case included some number crunching. Interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy. Few puzzles and thorough understanding of your research presentation. A lot of question were on market sizing, benchmarking and stuff. There were 3 brain teasers which are pretty standard for any interview but are somewhere related to market sizing

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini Invent.

Interview

Three interviews with two Managing Consultants and/or above as well as one VP. One of the managing consultants will perform a case interview, which is not a deal breaker. If you know the VP, it's an advantage to overcome any flags.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the news, trends, and info that is relevant for projects and potential work?   1 Answer