Capgemini Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Capgemini Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The first is a Phone screening via a recruitment agency. The agent goes through your CV and pulls out what may be relevant to the role being interviewed for.
    The face to face interview with two people who are likely to be peers follows. The ask tech questions, and require you to read an unseen case.
    Finally a Senior management one-to-one phone interview (the head of dept chat). This part is straightforward and is used in part to set salary.

Interview Questions

• F2F interview:
      - Went over case study. The relatively straightforward case study makes it clear that the job is a consultancy delivery role. You have forty minutes to read the case and prepare a presentation. Twenty minutes Q&A.
      - Then, 30 minutes of general technology discussion.

- Finally, 10 minutes of Questions from you.

The senior management interview was not really an interview. The ulterior motive was to see how low an offer they could make i.e. it was to prepare me for a low offer. The typical consultancy spiel of "Enterprise scale" and related BS was used to low ball an offer. The senior manager though was not versed enough in the technology to realise that the tools that are available automatically take care of the "enterprise" problems he mentioned.
      1 Answer

I decided it was not worth negotiating - if a company is so silly before you join what will it be like after you join?

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application where i was required to answer some questions about the roles i have applied for. situational test without reasoning or logical questions. Ten minutes phone interview with HR, assessment center with in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you enjoy doing in your free time?   1 Answer
    • 2) Why technology?   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through a recruiter, had a discussion regarding my experience and skills over though phone, which then followed with a face to face interview that delved into my background and experience a bit more.

I was asked about my opinions and where I had derived them from in terms of real world experience.

Human Resources Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy telephone interview. There was a strong echo from their side and I could hear her typing my responses very loud so the keyboard was almost distracting me. Also at the beginning, I was told they have a strict 15 min time slot which they cannot go over so responses need to be kept concise. I actually found that quite off-putting because I felt as if I was being rushed and I hadn't even started the interview yet.

Interview Questions

• What do you do you like to do in your spare time ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the technology industry   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, competency based, very straightforward.

Assessment half day. Consisted of 1 to 1, which involved a mini case study. Focus on team structure, client stakeholders and delivery timetable first, then look at issues, rank them in importance, assess risk and suggest short and long term solutions. Case focused on a shoe retailer which had problems with stock, and considering moving to a new upmarket brand. My answer focused on digital solutions where possible. Very little numbers in the case, not maths intensive at all. Remainder are further competency questions, and role pertinent questions, what is it strategy, what is digital.

Group exercise and presentation on a failing supermarket looking to go Digital. Hour to prep with group under observation. Agree to spend first 10 mins reading through documents provided. Allocate areas to each person to focus for 20. Start prepping presentation for remaining 30. Display teamwork here.

Presentation is to clients, make sure to introduce team, with roles, eg engagement lead, consultant, analyst. Believe clients are prompted to interrupt you, with how much will this cost/how long. Make sure you have an answer for this. Nothing will be relevant in the documents given. We said was that Capgemini had just completed a similar engagement for Asda which took 1 year and x amount of money. Make sure everyone presents, and if they start to falter, make sure you jump in and help, especially if questioned by client. This is assessed as teamwork. Hammer home why Capgemini throughout presentation. We covered: Industry, Competitor, and Company Assessment. 2 short term and 2 long term solutions. Deployment, timetable, team requirements. Questions.

Will be followed by refreshments and talking to interviewers.

Believe that the presentation can really make or break your case. Remember that you will have looked at the information and scenario more than the interviewers, so your justifications don't have to be watertight, just said with conviction. Also if you can't come up with a good reason, say you have done it before with another client and it worked.

Groups are made up of people applying to different roles. Those with consulting backgrounds should be very familiar with the presentation style, and should aid those without as much as possible. This definitely helped the mood in preparing with my group.

Interview Questions

• Why Capgemini over Accenture?
      Why consulting over in house roles?
      Answer Question

Graduate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview, pretty standard, it's competence based and had questions like "name a time you have encouraged someone to do something they didn't want to do" they do probe further if you don't say enough. There weren't any questions that were crazy hard.
    The interview was actually only about 15 minutes long.
    Interviewer was very nice, and I got an email saying I had passed the interview after about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have been disappointed by the outcome of something.
      If you were given a piece of information from a reputable source would you just use this or consider other sources when writing a review
      Answer Question

Haven't actually finished the entire process, waiting for the assessment centre

Graduate Business Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Outsourced to HR team in India.
    Quiet straightforward.
    Bit unprofessional.
    Made it to the assessment centre stage. However their process can take awfully long. Havent heard back from them yet with the dates. I saw online today they had their graduate induction for the scheme I applied to. So not sure when they are planning to tell me that they wont be giving me an assessment centre. literally emailed the entire HR team but all I heard back was we will tell you shortly. We will speak to the programme coordinator.

S.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

1) Submission of CV and online application form.
    2) In February I was invited to a 30 minute telephone interview with a recruiter. I was surprised that I passed because the echo on their end of the phone was terrible (it may have been due to my phone). I kept on hearing my voice being loudly repeated which was very off-putting. I informed the interviewer of the difficulty and attempted to persevere. Perhaps they were impressed with my honestly and how I managed to cope with the echo!
    3) I was informed two weeks later that I passed the interview and that I would be invited to an Assessment Centre in due course. The Assessment Centres kept on getting booked out and it was not until early May that I attended one. By this point I had three job offers elsewhere.
    4) The Assessment Centre consisted of 9 candidates (5 would get an offer). The day involved an hour-long face-to-face interview were I also had to present/discuss a pre-prepared presentation. There was also a group exercise and a paired activity to conduct.
    5) Throughout the Assessment Day you have to opportunity to meet many senior consultants, HR members and current Capgemini graduates. Seize this opportunity and be as humble and social as possible. You could definitely see the positive chemistry and comradery between the consultants, as they openly had "banter" which was great to see. It showed that Capgemini does operate with its company values in mind such as Fun, Honesty, Team Spirit and Boldness. Try and implement this yourself.

My advice is that if you are determined to be a consultant and see the wider picture of what it is all about, you will be fine!

The day after the Assessment Centre I received an offer and the Recruiter emphasised that Capgemini really wanted me, which was great to know especially with already having some offers elsewhere. The caliber of Capgemini, what the company represents and the career opportunities presented made my decision a no-brainer.

I cannot wait to start my Capgemini career!

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had to influence someone senior?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application, online test, telephone interview, AC. Lots of communication from the graduate recruitment team. Invited to attend two evening networking events prior to AC which was also good. They day was very well organised, all staff were very approachable. Recieved in depth feedback following interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your motivation for joining capgemini? What's your digital story   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

first was a phone interview which was mostly technical questions, the second interview was a case study which I had 30 minutes to prepare for and then had to present to them, it was like a role playing exercise as they pretended to be the customer and asking questions. The entire process and interviews were remarkably easy.