Capgemini Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capgemini Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

3 interviews. One screen one technical and one with the capability lead. This process will expand in several weeks depending on senior management availability. This was an average interview on the management side. The technical side was more challenging but still manageable

Interview Questions

• Pass experiences, projects where you had an impact and innovation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini in January 2013.

Interview

interview process includes a written test in which they test your aptitude skills, then a group discussion in which they test your knowledge in current affairs and a personal interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini in December 2011.

Interview

First general aptitude Test(It was bit tricky but luckily got hold of it) -> Then a Group Discussion(On some current trending topic)->Listed for Technical Interview(Academic projects and few logical questions)-> And finally an HR Interview(Easiest and quite friendly HR's)

Interview Questions

• Easy questions like to explain my all academic projects and what difficulties i have faced while implementing those.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Applied through consultancy. First telephonic round then f2f discussion and final HR round.
    Manager asked for onsite willingness and to work UK shift even after agreeing on this HR was offering very less amount. Very disappointing and bad way to treat good talent.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Hi,
    I have very bad experience with this company TWICE.
    First time they called me for F2F , technical and managerial round held at the same day, HR round was telephonic. HR was very rude and was offering me less than 15% hike which was least any company will offer on any switch.

Second time they took my technical interview and HR both are held as telephonic , Technical panel was good , but again HR is not professional , they dint update about the profile status nor they response to any of mail.

one of my college experience the same.

I would say this company is not serious for their hiring process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

The interview consisted of two rounds, one technical and one HR. In the technical round, I was asked about the projects I had put on my CV. I have done some work in machine learning so that was the main topic of discussion. HR round was also easy, only general questions were asked. Questions were also based on the information provided during the presentation made by the hiring team, so keep your eyes peeled for the small details!

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe some real life applications of machine learning   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chennai (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through online and had 2 rounds cleared with ease. Questions were straight forward. Panel needs to move from FAQ to scenario based to identify the potential of the candidate.

After 2 rounds , HR initially settle down to hike of only 30% and not more than that. But after verifying current package the numbers have dropped to mere 9%. Feeling pity for the organisation.

Being such an MNC and providing a mere hike is really disappointing. Rejected the offer straight away.

Note: Stop telling candidates if your this much experienced I can provide this much.

Advice to candidates, clearly mention the expectation even before you start off with interview process whoch could save both time and energy.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Airoli (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely Unprofessional organisation. It all started a month ago. I've given 2 technical round and 1 HR round. By the end of the rounds I was been asked I'm selected and needs to send them all the required documents. The whole process went under negotiation on my salary, during this I was asked every time how soon I can join. I was ready to join them as soon as I'll be back from the north(vacation). During my travel also they were calling me and doing all these stuff. 2 weeks had already gone and not a single progress. They sent me LOI and after all the failure attempts of negotiation when I accepted the offer. They told me the offer approval is in under hold by management and they ill approve it. During this, every time I used to call them either HR was on leave or the recruitment person or some stupid reason to disappoint me. The HR once calls me(after I send them mail), tells me management will let them whether they want to go ahead with internal utilisation or external resource, but I feel they should approve it. I mean do you guys hear what you say. On what factor do you'll even conduct recruitment. A month had on this complete process, Meanwhile the recruitment guy who always sounds dumb and has no clue about the activities happening in company tells me "I don't know what is happening, but management has kept your profile again on hold", a day before he was asking me if you can join next week itself. I said "yes". In another 10 mins he calls me and gives me the world's most believable excuse (sarcastic) "I just spoke to HR, she told me management has a few minutes back rolled out a message throughout India, that all the offers which are on hold / over budget should be taken down, which means we cannot release your offer.". At least find better excuses than those kiddish ones. You know hoe insensible you're making your management sound to others.

IGATE or Capgemini whoever you're, really either get your roots stronger or stop being fake. You guys playing with job seekers expectations. If you guys never wanted to recruit then on what grounds you'll even interview people. If you'll couldn't afford someone tell people you are poor company and cannot give that much. The most unprofessional organisation I ever came across.

I will never refer it to anyone.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Capgemini (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

2 telephonic Tech Interview

Very well organized. Applied online, had a digital interview, was invited to the discovery center day with about 20 other intern candidates. Here we met former interns and potential co-workers, worked through two case studies, had an on-site tour, and concluded with one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Unilever?
      What about the job?
      And behavioral questions.. tell me a time where you had to deliver bad new, how did you approach, what was the impact, and what was the result and business relationship after?
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The most unprofessional group of people!
    I got a call from a recruiter who picked my profile from a Job Portal (where all my details including current and expected CTC were mentioned). She again asked for all the details and scheduled an interview. The day I went for the interview, there was a huge queue of applicants but no proper arrangement. No water, no food, no breaks, no proper scheduling. People were called randomly and interviewed. Some people had already finished 2-3 rounds while others were waiting for 1st round. And If you wanted to go out for water/tea or any other break, you had to risk missing your turn. Some interviewers didn't turn up, so few interviews were arranged over the phone. It was a total mess. Overall it took around more than 8 hours.
    I cleared all my rounds and had discussions with the HR too about the current and expected CTC and all. Then I filled up some forms with all my details(again including the CTC details). I was told that I will get my offer letter in a week's time. After waiting for a week, I decided to follow up and the HR asked about my current CTC details again and told me that my current CTC was already higher than what they were planning to offer me !!! How can you not know my current CTC after asking for it atleast 3 time verbally and 2 times in written. Then they said that they can offer me max 10% hike on my current CTC and that too in form of variables and as per their salary structure, my take home salary would become even less than the current.
    I declined the offer. After about a 1.5 months, I got a call from one of their HRs, asking me when am I going to join? I told I never got any offer letter and I am not even interested. She said I will receive my offer letter by next day and they want me to join.
    This has been the worst interview experience and the most unprofessional group of people I came across in my professional career.
    P.S: The guys who took my technical interviews were nice :) No complaints related to them.