Capgemini Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

433 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Skype interview. One of those interviews where the interviewer feels like offended if you got it right, hence he takes the level of the questions up until he makes sure you can't get the following questions right. More of an interrogation. Unfortunate this is what's happening if you want to stay in software development field. All those phony resumes in the market make the interviewers interrogate developers into the deepest details as if they are lying about their experiences.

Mediocre interview, could be ridiculously detailed to the problems the interviewer faces in his application itself.

Interview Questions

• The position was about ReactJS, interviewer was more determined to ask about Angular2. Interesting, huh?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capgemini in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through an external recruiting firm. There were two phone interviews. Both pretty easy if you know your basic Java and some Spring framework. Interviewers were fine. One online assessment (basic and advanced Java/OOP concepts) that you have to pass with at least 70%.

Interview Questions

• Explain Inversion of Control, how to implement it.   1 Answer
    • What can you do to a method in a parent class so that it's not overriden by a method in child class with same name?   2 Answers
    • Explain Spring MVC, Spring Data and its benefits.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a campus placement which consisted 3 rounds :
    1st round was initial aptitude test at college. Had good questions.
    The next round was Group discussion.
    Last round was face to face interview which was really good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capgemini (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Face to face interview in Chicago, IL that was very easy, just behavioral questions and discussion on resume. Both the interviewers liked my interview, however, instead of FT they offered an internship which turned out to be a very poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Favorite project, issues with team mates, prior experience etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

phone interview with manager within a week of submitting resume.interviewer was very patient and explained the process in detail.Tell me about yourself
    what are design patterns and explain where some questions asked

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      what are design patterns and explain   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini (India, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

comfortable interviewing and it did not took much time and general and basic questns were asked.They tested our basic skills of c language and java.Interview doesnot require much practise but normal preparation is worth.It took 2 days of process.Written followed by tr and hr

Interview Questions

• c programming and comm skills   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Since I was from telecom background a lot of telecom related questions were asked (general and technical). Asked about semiconductors, some telecommunication scams taking place in India, concepts like 3g and 4g etc.

Interview Questions

• telecom related questions were asked (general and technical)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and we talked through my background to see if I met the basic qualifications. Week later I was invited for face to face interviews. Seems like a good company and I enjoyed my conversations but things took a long time and I received another offer that I felt good about.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of MapR What is your understanding of MapR   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Hiring process was very quick. I was given a phone interview where we discussed my skills and previous employment. Went over the job qualifications and requirements. I was called to have an in person interview the next day.

Interview Questions

• Very technical, I was asked very tough technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, skype interview with direct supervisor and then face-to-face with team. The recruiter seemed to rush things slightly and that was a little troubling. I didn't know if it was her confidence in me or that she just wanted to move on to the next candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is a negative trait you have that you could improve?   1 Answer