Capgemini Staff Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capgemini Staff Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It goes on from 8 to 5. The process is quite relaxed. You will be served breakfast as you get in. Then you will be given a case study problem to solve in a group. Then you will make a presentation about your solution in front of the managers, the staff, and the other groups.

Interview Questions

• Given that you are asked to build a tree house. What questions will you ask me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capgemini

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with an incredibly kind and enthusiastic interviewer. Basic behavioral questions for around the first 15 mins but then we just started talking about our personal experiences. Really great conversation! Was invited to the second stage which was at the office. 2 individual interviews and one group case study. Both interviews again were just conversations, it seemed that the interviewers were more interested in my life which I didn't mind talking about. Some behavioral questions were asked as well. Cap definitely hires for character and attitude. If you get past the first round, it's now a matter of what kind of person are you and can we work with you. Interact with people, talk to the other applicant (There are many) smile and always be humble.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions were given based on resume. Why did you pick your particular university, there are others?   Answer Question
    • Go through the process of building an app (I had been a PM before and my interviewer was a PM)?   1 Answer
    • Case study   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

We had 2 types of interviews. 1. On campus interview 2. In office presentation and interviews. On campus interviews are straight forward behavioral questions, with subjects around IT aptitude and willingness to travel, and possibility of learning something outside your comfort zone. Once you get passed on to in office interviews, You'll be given a use case to present with a team in front of executives and other Capgemini employees. After the presentation, the interviews will start. Usually you'll have 3 interviews with senior managers and higher. They will be looking to you as a candidate that will join their business unit and possibly their account.

Application

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017. I had two rounds of interview. The first round took 30 to 40 min. The interviewer was pretty friendly and asked me questions going through my resume, asking me to describe everything on my resume. It was a structural interview giving over view of the jobs performed previously, the academic work and extra activities apart from academics. The next round was conducted with a gap of 15 minutes. The lady who conducted second round was more curious about the technical stuff which took around 30 minutes. Few questions were asked about my projects in academic career

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. Describe me your projects?
      3. Which one do you think is good option submitting the perfect document late or submitting the partial document within time
      4. How do you cultivate trust in your manager/customer?
      5. What kind of environment do you like to work
      6. How do you persuade someone's thoughts?
      7. What is your biggest failure? What did you learn from it?
      8. What are you strengths and weakness?
      9. Tree House Customer?
      10. Tell me one thing that is not on your resume?
      11. What do you know about Cap Gemini? Why do you want to work here?
      12. Where do you want to see yourself in future?
      13. Tell me a situation where you have overcome a problem?
      14. How do you select your team members?
      15. Describe your leadership qualities?
      16. What is the first thing on your to do list as soon as you join the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one interview on campus. I did well so they invited me to their Super Day along with 14 students from 2 universities. It lasted too long (8am to 5pm). They provided breakfast and lunch, which is honestly the real reason I went! In the morning there was a case study. You had a group of 4 and about 2 hours to complete it. I am an IT person and was shocked that my other members were other majors (accounting, marketing,etc). The case study was for a company that acquires many companies and has multiple systems they want to integrate. I was very obvious to me that the solution was creating a data warehouse because I know & work in a data warehouse. My group members knew nothing about data warehouses and it was very strange. I didn't like having to explain them this system because they should already know this. If you are applying to an IT company, know IT concepts. My group members didn't want to focus of the case study to be about the data warehouse because they felt it wasn't correct. It was a pain to convince them that this was the solution. My group went a different route about a mobile application and they spent way too much time focusing on this. We did the presentation and it went well. I stood about when I spoke about the data warehouse. We were given critiques and they told us we should have focused more on the data warehouse! I TOLD MY GROUP! I then had 2 more one-on-one interviews. They were pretty tough because they had weird questions. I tried my best. I also told them I don't know Java. I want to be an ETL developer and they told me that I need java, which is not true at all. Anyways, I enjoyed the experience and the people. The other staff consultants were very nice and cool. They are young and relate-able. I also liked how they told you about the company. They told you about different programs they offer (one is like having different organizations within the company and the other prepares you to get clients). Overall, it was a very good experience with few negatives. It was also annoying because they had bad parking instructions. They gave me a parking voucher which didn't work so I had to pay $10. HR was very fast and rejected me after 2 days. I thought my performance was 8/10 and I also had good work experience. It's hard to get in.

Interview Questions

• How does a programming language and data relate?
      I'm a client and I want a tree house. You are my consultant, what do you do?
      I'm a client and I want a dashboard for my employees to track where they are on a project. What do you do about this?
      You walk into a bar, one guy is asked to buy a drink and he says no. A second guy is asked and says the same thing. The third guys says yes, he'll buy a drink. Which guy is right?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had on-campus coffee chat where they took my resume. Got invited to a 30-minute on-campus interview (why capgemini, why tech consulting, etc). Finally got invited to Superday where first we had a 2 hour Case prep with 3 other members. Then 1 hour of case presentations in front of all groups (got feedback). Then I had 3, 1-1 interviews (some others just had 2 interviews) which were all behavioral (others had some technical). Got offer ~10 days afterwards!

Interview Questions

I haven't made my decision yet so I chose this option :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was lengthy and time consuming. I spoke to someone at the career fair, then got invited to a coffee chat, then got invited to a first round 30 minute on campus interview, then got invited to a full day interview at their office. This consisted of a group case study including a presentation by each group, then 6 30 minute rounds of an interview, group meeting with an executive, or information session. 3 of these sessions were 1-1 interviews. I thought the day went great, and they told me I would hear back in 2 weeks. I got an email 2 weeks later saying they needed more time, then I didn't hear anything back after that until I emailed them. After sending this email, I got an automated rejection email sent late at night. Their email correspondence felt very unprofessional and very inconsiderate of my time.

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capgemini in October 2016.

Interview

I did the interview on campus. Before they put you on a one to one session, they let you talk to a representative from the company. For me, it was a recent graduate who attended the same college as me. Interview was basic behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes, review of resume. Asked me why Capgemini for my job instead of anywhere else. Very explanatory and laid back.

Last and final round: in house interviews with staff

Interview Questions

• Explain xyz on your resume.. tell me more about xyz   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Had an initial phone screen with a consultant. Basic behavioral questions but it was pretty laid back.

Then I got an invite for a superday down in Dallas. it was all day and the first thing was a group case interview. The solution was pretty straight forward. My advice here is to keep your group on track( I come from a more functional background). You'll have technical people who'll want to dive deep into various technical issues so its important to be focused because you'll be timed. Then you'll present to a panel of senior managers and consultants. They're looking to see if you can work well together and if you can articulate the correct solutions.

After the case, I had to interviews with two senior consultants. One is behavioral and the other one is "functional". The functional was more of like a personality test with some behaviorals.

I thought it went pretty well and it looked promising. Got an email a couple days later saying I got rejected. What I think happened is that they didn't have space for me as a Business Analyst since the office was the 'SAP Office'. Wish they would tell me about what actual roles within the Staff consultant position they were actually hiring for.

Interview Questions

• If you had an unlimited amount of money, what you do with it? What kind of project with it?   1 Answer
    • How would you approach a problem?   1 Answer