Capgemini Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Capgemini Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

Classic interview process: Online Application with some questions on the choice of role in the company, short telephone interview and finally the assessment centre in Woking which included a group case study session and a separate strength based interview with a manager at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe a client facing situation in which you were under pressure to manage a complex situation/under pressure/defending your position to the client who may in fact be in the wrong.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The first is a Phone screening via a recruitment agency. The agent goes through your CV and pulls out what may be relevant to the role being interviewed for.
    The face to face interview with two people who are likely to be peers follows. The ask tech questions, and require you to read an unseen case.
    Finally a Senior management one-to-one phone interview (the head of dept chat). This part is straightforward and is used in part to set salary.

Interview Questions

• F2F interview:
      - Went over case study. The relatively straightforward case study makes it clear that the job is a consultancy delivery role. You have forty minutes to read the case and prepare a presentation. Twenty minutes Q&A.
      - Then, 30 minutes of general technology discussion.

- Finally, 10 minutes of Questions from you.

The senior management interview was not really an interview. The ulterior motive was to see how low an offer they could make i.e. it was to prepare me for a low offer. The typical consultancy spiel of "Enterprise scale" and related BS was used to low ball an offer. The senior manager though was not versed enough in the technology to realise that the tools that are available automatically take care of the "enterprise" problems he mentioned.
      1 Answer

I decided it was not worth negotiating - if a company is so silly before you join what will it be like after you join?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Application form - Online tests - telephone interview - invited for an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of a short presentation along with a strengths based interview then finally a group work exercise. Overall it was a great experience and very relaxed even though you're judged from your answers to your body language.

Interview Questions

• If one of you had to pick an individual to pitch in front of a client, who would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application where i was required to answer some questions about the roles i have applied for. situational test without reasoning or logical questions. Ten minutes phone interview with HR, assessment center with in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you enjoy doing in your free time?   1 Answer
    • 2) Why technology?   1 Answer

Consultant/Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Telephone interview (oct 16) - basic questions like why capgemini, why technology. Then asked describe 3 skills you have and specify examples. Passed
    Assessment Centre (jan 17)- Prestentation - I was a bit nervous about time limit. Interview - all competency based, although they call it strength based. 3 simple technical questions. Group tasks - went okay. Asked to design an mobile app UI. Nothing too technical. At the end of group tasks, you are asked what you think of how others performed which was a bit awkward. They only judge your team working abilities, not technical knowledge.
    I was rejected at this stage. Feedback given - presentation not prepared, general lack of passion towards technology, nervous, few inputs in the group session.

Interview Questions

• Assm. cntr - In database, how is indexing done ( something about row - wise, coloumn - wise)   1 Answer
    • Assm. cntr - design pattern   1 Answer
    • Assm. cntr - what goes behind when a user enter a url on a web browser   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through a recruiter, had a discussion regarding my experience and skills over though phone, which then followed with a face to face interview that delved into my background and experience a bit more.

I was asked about my opinions and where I had derived them from in terms of real world experience.

Human Resources Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy telephone interview. There was a strong echo from their side and I could hear her typing my responses very loud so the keyboard was almost distracting me. Also at the beginning, I was told they have a strict 15 min time slot which they cannot go over so responses need to be kept concise. I actually found that quite off-putting because I felt as if I was being rushed and I hadn't even started the interview yet.

Interview Questions

• What do you do you like to do in your spare time ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the technology industry   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Interview

Unprofessional - Seemed like an interview for name sake. As if they actually do not want to hire just interviewing people and waste everybody's time.
    The company recruiter had send email for the interview process, made me wait for 2 hours although a time slot was allotted in the interview call letter.

Interview Questions

• Asked me nothing about my profile. Just a basic question - Explain about yourself and your experience in IT so far. Nothing technical or in depth.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview

Standard online tests then a telephone interview. The person interviewing me came across as arrogant at how superior the company was, and boasted that he didn't leave the office until late at night. The questions were competency based and standard. Got through to the assessment centre. In the individual interview the interviewer acted like he did not want to be there, kept complaining about how much paper he had to fill out. From the few employees we did meet, they gave an impression of arrogance. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Why consultancy, etc..

Case study on how best to change a banks processes after a merger

Case Study on determining which set of financial data was for a large, medium and small retail store
      Answer Question

Capgemini Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Recruitment Co-ordinator

Thank you for applying to Capgemini, positive candidate experience is really important to us and we work hard to try and achieve this. Please can you provide me with your contact details at ... More

Marketing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woking, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Woking, England (UK)).

Interview

We first participated in a group excerise where we had to develop an app. This then followed by a pairs activity where we assesed a case study. Lastly we had a one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Incudled a 5 minute presentation and competency based questions   Answer Question