Capgemini Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Capgemini Interview Questions in United States

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one interview on campus. I did well so they invited me to their Super Day along with 14 students from 2 universities. It lasted too long (8am to 5pm). They provided breakfast and lunch, which is honestly the real reason I went! In the morning there was a case study. You had a group of 4 and about 2 hours to complete it. I am an IT person and was shocked that my other members were other majors (accounting, marketing,etc). The case study was for a company that acquires many companies and has multiple systems they want to integrate. I was very obvious to me that the solution was creating a data warehouse because I know & work in a data warehouse. My group members knew nothing about data warehouses and it was very strange. I didn't like having to explain them this system because they should already know this. If you are applying to an IT company, know IT concepts. My group members didn't want to focus of the case study to be about the data warehouse because they felt it wasn't correct. It was a pain to convince them that this was the solution. My group went a different route about a mobile application and they spent way too much time focusing on this. We did the presentation and it went well. I stood about when I spoke about the data warehouse. We were given critiques and they told us we should have focused more on the data warehouse! I TOLD MY GROUP! I then had 2 more one-on-one interviews. They were pretty tough because they had weird questions. I tried my best. I also told them I don't know Java. I want to be an ETL developer and they told me that I need java, which is not true at all. Anyways, I enjoyed the experience and the people. The other staff consultants were very nice and cool. They are young and relate-able. I also liked how they told you about the company. They told you about different programs they offer (one is like having different organizations within the company and the other prepares you to get clients). Overall, it was a very good experience with few negatives. It was also annoying because they had bad parking instructions. They gave me a parking voucher which didn't work so I had to pay $10. HR was very fast and rejected me after 2 days. I thought my performance was 8/10 and I also had good work experience. It's hard to get in.

Interview Questions

• How does a programming language and data relate?
      I'm a client and I want a tree house. You are my consultant, what do you do?
      I'm a client and I want a dashboard for my employees to track where they are on a project. What do you do about this?
      You walk into a bar, one guy is asked to buy a drink and he says no. A second guy is asked and says the same thing. The third guys says yes, he'll buy a drink. Which guy is right?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had on-campus coffee chat where they took my resume. Got invited to a 30-minute on-campus interview (why capgemini, why tech consulting, etc). Finally got invited to Superday where first we had a 2 hour Case prep with 3 other members. Then 1 hour of case presentations in front of all groups (got feedback). Then I had 3, 1-1 interviews (some others just had 2 interviews) which were all behavioral (others had some technical). Got offer ~10 days afterwards!

Interview Questions

I haven't made my decision yet so I chose this option :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was lengthy and time consuming. I spoke to someone at the career fair, then got invited to a coffee chat, then got invited to a first round 30 minute on campus interview, then got invited to a full day interview at their office. This consisted of a group case study including a presentation by each group, then 6 30 minute rounds of an interview, group meeting with an executive, or information session. 3 of these sessions were 1-1 interviews. I thought the day went great, and they told me I would hear back in 2 weeks. I got an email 2 weeks later saying they needed more time, then I didn't hear anything back after that until I emailed them. After sending this email, I got an automated rejection email sent late at night. Their email correspondence felt very unprofessional and very inconsiderate of my time.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini (New York, NY).

Interview

In the middle of my interview, the interviewer answered her emails and checked her phone. She then got on her computer stating she needed to build a slide deck that was just sent to her. Extremely unprofessional unless that's their process and how they "test" you. Very easy process, but so unprofessional

Staff Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capgemini in October 2016.

Interview

I did the interview on campus. Before they put you on a one to one session, they let you talk to a representative from the company. For me, it was a recent graduate who attended the same college as me. Interview was basic behavioral questions.

Entry Level Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was professional and not tedious. I began the process at a job fair giving the recruiter my resume and contact information. About two weeks later I was contacted to set up an interview time for the following week. The interview was in personal and two stage, it began with a relaxed one on one interview, where the employer talked with you and answered any additional questions you had at that point. The next stage had the employer asking you questions and gauging your response.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capgemini (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes, review of resume. Asked me why Capgemini for my job instead of anywhere else. Very explanatory and laid back.

Last and final round: in house interviews with staff

Interview Questions

• Explain xyz on your resume.. tell me more about xyz   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capgemini in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in college.
    First of all, I had a morning slot in my college for the interview. I couldn't sleep the last night because I had an exam on the same day as well! Now, first off, I prepared well for the interview and the interviewer was hardly interested to know me at all. He was a manager based in the local office. He was a plain guy with a technical bent and he asked me random questions from my work experience. Since my answers were long, I had to summarize each experience which made it tough for him to understand. The manager was barely interested in my answers and cut me off in between. How will you understand my answers if you don't listen to the full of it? Within the first 10 minutes, he seemed uninterested and wanted to wrap up the interview. Thank you for the experience Capgemini, I look forward to never applying here again. You may have many candidates applying but you have lost good ones.
    If you are a manager, give your candidates time and make them feel comfortable! I heard a couple of my other friends had super cool managers who made them feel like home! Just my luck!

The rest of the HR were enthusiastic and happy to meet us. Kudos to them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Had an initial phone screen with a consultant. Basic behavioral questions but it was pretty laid back.

Then I got an invite for a superday down in Dallas. it was all day and the first thing was a group case interview. The solution was pretty straight forward. My advice here is to keep your group on track( I come from a more functional background). You'll have technical people who'll want to dive deep into various technical issues so its important to be focused because you'll be timed. Then you'll present to a panel of senior managers and consultants. They're looking to see if you can work well together and if you can articulate the correct solutions.

After the case, I had to interviews with two senior consultants. One is behavioral and the other one is "functional". The functional was more of like a personality test with some behaviorals.

I thought it went pretty well and it looked promising. Got an email a couple days later saying I got rejected. What I think happened is that they didn't have space for me as a Business Analyst since the office was the 'SAP Office'. Wish they would tell me about what actual roles within the Staff consultant position they were actually hiring for.

Interview Questions

• If you had an unlimited amount of money, what you do with it? What kind of project with it?   1 Answer
    • How would you approach a problem?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capgemini (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple. I met their recruiter at a career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview the following day. After passing that round, we went to their hub in Atlanta for a more in-depth superday with 4 rounds of interviews.