Capita Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.9

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter British Army Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita.

Interview

A largely disjointed and quite amateurish process that took place over a month from the initial telephone interview to the actual face-to-face interview at a TA - Reserve centre for the Army. To start with, only a handful of the candidates showed up for the assessment, a fact which I could see was quite embarrassing for my Capita hosts. Nevertheless, in hindsight I wish I was one of those people that didn't bother with this.

Initially there was a presentation by Capita with information about the company, the partnership with the Army and how successful they were. Interestingly, they failed to mentioned that Capita has been under-performing and has missed every recruiting target since they signed the contract with the Army in 2012. Following that, there was a presentation by two soldiers that talked about their experiences in the army (but strangely enough nothing about their experiences when they were recruited).

The next stage was that of the assessment. Hence, the candidates were led to different rooms to commence with the panel interviews. There were two interviewers (one asking the questions and the other one merely recording the answers). The interviewers were reading the competency based questions from the paper without any probing whatsoever or interaction with me so most of the time it felt as if I was performing a monologue.

The second stage of the assessment was a number of hypothetical scenarios that I was to read and think about for 10 minutes. The previous interviewers forgot to give me the scenarios so I waited for 20 minutes in the room for someone to come in. When the next interviewers came in and realised that I had not been given the scenarios they gave them to me along with some time to think about them. Subsequently, the interviewers came in and asked me questions about what I would do/how I would manage those situations. Half way through this process, they realised that the scenarios they gave me were not the ones they intended to use as they were different from the ones they had. I shared the document that I was given and we continued anyway.

Throughout the process I was assured that I would get some kind of feedback, if only a pass or fail indication from them, within the next two weeks. Suffice to say that none was given, and none responded to my queries.

In order for me to attend this assessment day, I had to take a whole day out of work ( so missed a day's wages) and pay for my train/tube to travel to London for the day. I cannot think of a worse candidate experience in my life!!!

Lead Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capita (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview which went really well, then got invited to a half day assessment of which I was told I scored high in & came across great in & so got invited back to a final interview to attend a week later being last Wednesday.
    I arrived at around 3.45 for a 4pm slot & had to sit & wait for an hour before the interview actually began as they were running behind. Nobody had kept me informed or apologised of the delay I was just expected to sit & wait I nearly got up and left as during this time I felt uneasy feeling I had been forgotten about with it being so late on in the normal working day. The interview went ahead which was over an hour, one of the interviewers (ex army)was very professional & structured with his questioning relating it to my skills & experience and answers Id given in the assessment. The other was contradicting himself saying what they were looking for in a candidate but then asking me questions that he knew I didn't have the answer to I.e. have you managed people before which all members of the team knew I hadn't at the initial application stage. I feel I was backed into a corner almost like I was out of my depth & felt silly by attending like I'd almost wasted their time. I was told I would hear back on the Friday 2 days later, I sat and waited but heard nothing so got in touch at 4.45pm. I then received an automated email sat @12pm but addressed from a completely new contact I'd not spoke to before giving the spiel of thankyou for attending & your interest but I'd been unsuccessful but to seek further feedback if I required it. I asked what was the best number to contact on as I'd spoken to that many people in the process & was told the lady who did my telephone interview would be in contact to discuss, this was 3 days ago! after sending a polite email to her to seek some constructive feedback I've still heard nothing! To have spent over £50 on two return train trips and not even be told why I was unsuccessful is quite appaling

Interview Questions

• why I had left previous roles   Answer Question
    • had I arranged recruitment events before and had nobody turn up   Answer Question
    • was I flexible on location of work?   Answer Question
    • lots of closed questions with one word answers that rule you out on experience you don't have especially related to figures like how much have you billed when my current employer don't operate in that way   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capita in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few days later to arrange a phone interview, however they obviously didn't read my CV well enough as I got through to the interveiw only to be told I didn't have enough experience even though it says on my CV that this would be my first job.

Interview Questions

• A time you have went above and beyond to deliver good customer service   Answer Question

Case Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

1. Initial competency based phone interview.
    2. Online english and maths assessment
    2. 'Assessment Center.' - Data checking test and competency questions, similar to phone qs.
    The interview proccess was good. Contact from Capita was on hand to answer any questions. It did not seem too difficult. Didn't get the position so asked for feedback. Nothing provided.

Interview Questions

• Time i showed excellent customer service
      Time i showed initiative.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capita (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

They don't have der client ready and dey r calling 50 to 60 people for interview and at the end not a single candidate is given offer giving reasons dat the project is cancelled

Army Recruiting Partnership Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita.

Interview

Applied online and then received an out of the blue initial telephone screening interview followed by invite to assessment day.
    Assessment day (held at an Army recruiting office) consisted of a briefing on Capita and Army partnership, icebreaker, scenario questions and competency based interview.
    Second Round interview to follow if successful.

As of yet there has been no real opportunity to ask questions about the role other than during telephone interview and in the briefing session - hoping second round (if invited) will allow me the chance!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a potential candidate was thinking of joining a different apprentice scheme to the one you have been trying to get them onto.   Answer Question

O2 Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to book a phone interview.
    Phone interview was easy and straight forward.
    After phone interview I was invited to an assessment centre in Leeds where you have to participate in group exercise.

BPO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capita (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

there were 4 rounds in total all rounds were eliminating rounds,1st round was Hr asked about you or talk about any topic,just to check your communication,2nd online english test if you cleared go for 3rd and 4th round.

Interview Questions

• why capita?
      after doing master why you want to work in Bpo?
      r u willing to relocate?
      r u ready to sign bond?
      what is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a group exercise and a pretend phone call with the interviewer selling a phone. After this was an informal interview. The process took around 3-4 hours.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for one job, the internal recruiter sent me a different job and told me I would be interviewing for them both. They didn't ask me if I wanted the second job, which I decided that I didn't when I had chance to read the spec.

Interview was informal and focused around the job that I didn't want rather than the one I applied for. I could tell they hadn't read my CV properly. I was surprised that they didn't ask me if I knew anything about the company.

Wasn't offered the role as they're now outsourcing it so was a complete waste of time. Had to chase internal recruitment to find this out.