Capita Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

was supposed to be a competency based interview but it was more scenario based "what if" etc
    Asked me a lot of questions regarding the programme but I had no information on the programme prior to this... so found researching difficult

Capita appeared disorganised, the office was messy and didnt make a good impression

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

An internal recruiter for Capita contacted me after receiving my CV and then sent off my CV. At first I got an email sttaing tthat I was not successful to be invited for an interview but afterwards, I got an invitation to an interview from the internal recruiter. At the interview, my interviewer was alone, which was a suprise judging that it was a very senior role. Also he decided to hold the interview in their public cafeteria, hence I did not see where to hang my coat so I did not take it off. After the interview he said that I demonstrated a lot of professional technical knowledge and experience which confirms the information in my CV. He said that he had one more person to interview and then get back to my internal recruiter. For long I chased my internal recruiter for feedback and none was forthcoming until nearly a month later, when she emailed to say the job was cancelled by my interviewer. Today while perusing adverts on glassdoor, I noticed that Capital had advertised for a similar role but made it very clear that they were looking for a Junior Project Manager.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I have met anybody in Capita before? .   1 Answer
    • He asked do you mean that in 2008 you were already a PM?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Telephone then in 3 person interviews. Two senior managers for the in person interview. Unstructured questions. First interview addressed original role request for a program manager. Second interview was to assess fit for a troubled CRM contract. Third interview was to assess fit for a SAP oriented program management role. Good feedback from the procurement team.

Interview Questions

• Understanding of program methodologies, stakeholder and outsourced account management. Understanding of CRM. Understanding of SAP technical components.   Answer Question

Capita Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Candidate Attraction Manager

Many thanks for your review – we really appreciate your feedback!

Capita Novus Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Assessment held in St james office, 12 graduates on the day. Started off at 10pm with brief into about the company. Then moved onto ice breaker. Then groups were split, one half of the room doing the online tests (numerical and literacy, these were very basic calculations, probably year 10 gcse level).

The other half were given a 40 page case study and to come up with solutions and ways to improve a service/system. Capita's recruitment staff were absolutely ridiculous. One booklet was given to read between 6 people and it was a nightmare to read it all together, we needed individual copies.

The assessors barely paid any attention to the discussion within the groups so therefore no idea how they score the graduates. This is then led on by a presentation for 5 mins about findings, assessors didn't take any notes.

Finally the interview: I have personally not come across such a weird interview, he was going through it very quickly and said "sorry we don't have much time so answer as quickly as you can".

Interviewer also made it clear that graduates have no say as to where they will be placed after training, he even mentioned that even if the location is the worst place ever, the graduate MUST GO.

Overall experience was negative.

Offer made but I declined.

Interview Questions

• what is functional and non functional requirement. a time you solved a problem   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial Telephone screening before my CV was submitted to the hiring manager. An interview was arranged with two Directors in London which lasted an hour made up of HR competency based questions. The process was fast and transparent from start to finish.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Telephone screening which was a 30 minute call with the hiring manager. At face to face with peers which consisted of an hour and a half of role play and then face to face with panel (team) which was mostly around personality fit and really whatever the team felt was relevant to ask. Fortunately for me, the team were really nice and the whole experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Interview was role play based where they shared a scenario and then asked questions (BA related) on the scenario   1 Answer

Capita Response

Oct 20, 2016 – Candidate Attraction Manager

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience at Capita. We're really happy that you decided to join the team!

Graduate Business Analyst Novus Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone call from HR went well, basic questions. Then an assessment with an easy math test. consisted of a presentation showing past clients and overall information about the scheme. Making it look appealing then it actually was.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

the interview process was okay, I had two telephone interviews before being invited to the assessment centre. I felt the interview and assessment centre went okay, which it did. Initially I had a good feeling about the company and the employees I met during the assessment centre was nice, apart from one older man. We were three people who were invited for the assessment day, myself and another female and a male. During the introduction speech the older man were only addressing the male applicant, and never looked at myself or the other female applicant. I thought this was a bit strange and I think the colleague of the older man felt that way too, as when he spoke he tried to engage myself and the other female applicant more. The assessment centre consisted of an introduction talk, a case study where we had to create a presentation, psychometric testing as well as an interview with the director. I found the tasks to be fun and enjoyed myself a lot. I was offered the job two days after the assessment centre, and immediately accepted the offer. For the next following weeks I was waiting for my contract to be sent, and after pushing for it I kept on getting replies that they were waiting for the last sign off before I could have it. After 2 months had passed, I finally got a hold of the director after many failed attempts. He told me they had to withdraw the job offer but I was welcome to apply again later this same year when the position opened again. He apologised that I had not been informed of this earlier.

I was incredibly disappointed to say the least. I had gone through all the rounds in the interview process, paid for a flight over to the UK for the assessment centre, was informed that I got the job then they didn't have the decency to inform me straight away that I wasn't getting the job anyway. I got no reason for the position being withdrawn, an I got no notification. Instead I waited 2 months for a contract that would never appear, and I had to chase Capita again and again. Needless to say I feel tricked and directly appalled by how they handled the situation. For a company claiming to live by their values of integrity and transparency, I can only say its completely ridiculous. I have never encountered a more unserious and unprofessional company. In the time after this I have praised myself lucky that I didn't get that role with Capita. I mean if this is how they treat potential employees, then I dread to think how they behave against their current employees...

I will strongly discourage anyone to apply for a position with Capita plc, I believe your time and effort can be spent more efficiently on pursuing more serious and professional companies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I waited 2 months for a contract that never appeared and in the end was informed that the role was withdrawn.

Human Resources and Payroll Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

1 Reed agency sent them my CV.
    2 If successful arranged a Telephone interview.
    3a If successful arranged a Maths & English assessment
    3b face to face interview.
    4 Vetting, credit check and DBS

Interview Questions

• Went over my CV and asked me to explain any gaps. (Telephone)
      Asked what I knew about the company and the role I would be performing.(Telephone)
      Answer Question
    • Maths questions regarding payroll. Not extremely difficuly but you need to know your multiplication and percentages. They give you a calculator. (Maths assessment)   Answer Question
    • Ask you to write about why you would make a good candidate. This is to test your literacy.
      They give you a sheet of paper and ask you to find any spelling errors. I think this was tricky as the errors are very subtle. (English assessment)
      Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness (face to face)
      Which is more important telling people what they want to hear or the truth (face to face).
      Answer Question
    • You also go through vetting,credit check and DBS if successful.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I interviewed for a Marketing Executive position for IT services, based in the London Victoria offices. It was relatively straightforward. One of the interviewers was very friendly and interested while the other sat and frowned at me throughout the interview.

Although I performed well in this interview and I could tell the main interviewer was impressed, they informed me that they were also interviewing an internal candidate. I later saw this job advertised publicly again but at a £10,000 pay cut.

It's also worth noting that their Victoria offices are very dirty - truly disgusting.