Capita Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.6

Communications and Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. It was an hour-long competency-based interview. I also had to bring a portfolio including a past communications strategy and campaign and present/discuss. Was very relaxed and friendly, felt comfortable throughout despite stumbling on some of the questions. They were also open to discussing Capita with me; felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with managing the messaging from a difficult senior person?   Answer Question

Lead the Way Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online application and telephone interview. I didn't get through to the final round, but I believe it's an assessment centre. I got a very quick response after my initial application and was invited to telephone interview in 2 days. All the interview slots are for one hour, but the actual interview took 20 minutes tops. Unfortunately I failed it, but here are the questions I was asked. I hope it helps someone else! Make sure you do lots of company research.

As a side note - the company seems a bit disorganised. They mixed up my phone slot and didn't notify me until I enquired about it. They are also very slow to reply to emails (if they do at all).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Capita?
      What sectors do we operate in?
      What financial data do you know about us?
      Where are our offices?
      Tell us how you demonstrated leadership.
      Tell us about a time you mentored someone.
      Tell us about a time you dealt with change.
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Answer Question

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a telephone interview after the initial introduction through a recruitment agency. There followed a face to face interview with another Bid Manager and subsequently one with a Bid Director. I took presentation material unprompted. To this day, I never heard anything back, very appalling really for such a well known business.

Interview Questions

• Take us through your CV and tell us about yourself.   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

was supposed to be a competency based interview but it was more scenario based "what if" etc
    Asked me a lot of questions regarding the programme but I had no information on the programme prior to this... so found researching difficult

Capita appeared disorganised, the office was messy and didnt make a good impression

Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then a phone call followed with an hr officer which was rather pleasant. It entails basic questions as to the reason behind my application and what are the skills that I think would be beneficial to the role. A few days later I received an email with details of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you multitask? Stupid question.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

An internal recruiter for Capita contacted me after receiving my CV and then sent off my CV. At first I got an email sttaing tthat I was not successful to be invited for an interview but afterwards, I got an invitation to an interview from the internal recruiter. At the interview, my interviewer was alone, which was a suprise judging that it was a very senior role. Also he decided to hold the interview in their public cafeteria, hence I did not see where to hang my coat so I did not take it off. After the interview he said that I demonstrated a lot of professional technical knowledge and experience which confirms the information in my CV. He said that he had one more person to interview and then get back to my internal recruiter. For long I chased my internal recruiter for feedback and none was forthcoming until nearly a month later, when she emailed to say the job was cancelled by my interviewer. Today while perusing adverts on glassdoor, I noticed that Capital had advertised for a similar role but made it very clear that they were looking for a Junior Project Manager.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I have met anybody in Capita before? .   1 Answer
    • He asked do you mean that in 2008 you were already a PM?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Telephone then in 3 person interviews. Two senior managers for the in person interview. Unstructured questions. First interview addressed original role request for a program manager. Second interview was to assess fit for a troubled CRM contract. Third interview was to assess fit for a SAP oriented program management role. Good feedback from the procurement team.

Interview Questions

• Understanding of program methodologies, stakeholder and outsourced account management. Understanding of CRM. Understanding of SAP technical components.   Answer Question

Capita Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Candidate Attraction Manager

Many thanks for your review – we really appreciate your feedback!

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I interviewed for a Marketing Executive position for IT services, based in the London Victoria offices. It was relatively straightforward. One of the interviewers was very friendly and interested while the other sat and frowned at me throughout the interview.

Although I performed well in this interview and I could tell the main interviewer was impressed, they informed me that they were also interviewing an internal candidate. I later saw this job advertised publicly again but at a £10,000 pay cut.

It's also worth noting that their Victoria offices are very dirty - truly disgusting.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Head office meeting with group MD, she had not sector experience and know nothing about the industry. Complete waste of my time. She tired to use her title and status to give it the big I am but she and the business are a joke. Used to be a good business but lost its way and good people such a shame

Project Manager/Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capita (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was done in two stages: 1) Telephone interview with the company's internal recruiter; 2a) Telephone interview with the hiring manager / head of department and 2b) Face-to-face interview with the said hiring manager and one of his colleagues (director level).
    It seemed that the position was not well thought of and the organisational structure, in which this role needed to fit in, was not clear even to the company / department itself. I got the impression that the organisational structure was being developed on the go, which was rather puzzling as it appeared that no proper strategy for growth of this particular department was put in place.
    The interview itself was a bit unstructured and the interviewers were somewhat pushy in terms of remuneration expectations.
    I did not get a proper feedback on the outcome of the interview and even the internal recruiter was dishonest about leaving a voicemail message - at the time I did not have voicemail messaging system activated.

Interview Questions

• I was repeatedly asked to state a figure for expected salary.   1 Answer