Capital Acquisitions (Texas) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Acquisitions (Texas) Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital Acquisitions (Texas)

2.0

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas).

Interview

The interview process was informative and the entire process took 4 days. I had a brief 10 minute 1st round interview that talked about the basics of the company (face to face sales, growing, looking for people to move into leadership). 2nd round interview was the next day and lasted about an hour. I paired with an Account Manager and they went over pay structure and upward mobility

Interview Questions

• Why would people follow you? What do you look for in leadership around you?   Answer Question

Jan 18, 2018 – Branch Manager

Hi, Reviewer!

First off, welcome to the team! We're glad to know our interview process was both short but informative. We can't wait to see you grow with us!

Capital Acquisitions... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas) (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The job description online is incredibly cryptic, making it sound like a marketing position. In the initial phone interview, the hiring manager goes over some of the job duties, again very cryptic. Makes it sound like a customer service sort of role. Got called in for an in-person interview, lots of other people interviewing, the interviews were behind schedule. Had me fill out paperwork. The in-person interview was about me mostly, but I managed to ask a few questions about the day-to-day and got it out of her that half of each day is spent selling DirectTV to customers at big-box stores. Not what was advertised on the job listing, the website, or the phone interview. I was invited back for another round of interviews but withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

Capital Acquisitions (Texas) Response

Jan 24, 2018 – Branch Manager

Dear Reviewer,

We're sad to hear that we weren't what you were looking for. We wish you the best in your search for your dream career. Thank you for the review!

Capital... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas) (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy and laid back. They don't necessarily want you to know that they are a DirectTV company that sells the products at "big box stores". They keep saying that they're a "marketing agency", but they're not.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about leadership positions. They also want to know what you're looking for to do in the future.   1 Answer

Mar 13, 2018 – Branch Manager

Hey, Reviewer!

We're glad to see your feedback and are appreciative of the time you spent in our preliminary interview. We're very receptive to feedback but are afraid your review is... More

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas) (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Wasn't hard at all, just make be convincing that you are the right fit. First there is an initial phone screening, and then there is a short in person interview with the HR, then there is a second longer interview with one of the managers, and then within a day or two you will find out if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Hey, Reviewer!

Thanks for the insight! You obviously did a good job convincing us since it shows you accepted a full time offer (haha)! Welcome to the team!!

Capital Acquisitions... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas) (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

They gave me a call and tried to set up an appointment with me. I was super excited about it at first and set up a time and everything. However, I was surprised by how unprofessional the lady on the other line sounded. We tried to set the time up for a face-to-face interview and I told the interviewer which times I would be free (because I'm currently working). She didn't seem too interested in me and offered times that I told her would absolutely not work. I declined and restated my reason and honestly she seemed insulted by the fact while not listening to me at all.

I asked her to send me a follow-up e-mail and she couldn't even do that right. Totally unprofessional and I am glad I chose not to switch jobs into this career.

After researching the company on my own and finding out how few reviews this company has on Glassdoor definitely makes it seem super sketch, high-turnover. I'd be careful and not fall for the fake 5 star review(s) that this company has.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral/resume questions, making sure you're a right fit for a sales career   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2016 – Branch Manager

Thanks for your review. We are so surprised that you felt the person you spoke to on the phone was unprofessional - we have never had that comment! We have passed this message along to her but we... More

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas).

Interview

They called me and asked for an interview. The company has a very kind HR department. The manager of the branch was very open and straightforward about the job and exactly what kind of work the company does for its clients. The second part of the interview process was a one and half hour interview of shadowing someone for the potential job in the company that I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous experience that qualified me for the position.   Answer Question

Jul 18, 2016 – Branch Manager

Thanks for your review! We're glad you had a good experience dealing with our HR department and branch manager. Best of luck with your job search!

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas) (Austin, TX).

Interview

I got called in and they wanted me to come in the next day. The office was a little peculiar looking, and I had to wait while other candidates were interviewed. The actual interview only lasted about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself being able to be a team leader?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable going out to meet with clients face-to-face?   Answer Question

Hey, Reviewer!

Thanks so much for your honesty & feedback! We're excited to announce that we're relocating to a new office location in February and are excited by the prospects of being in a... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas) (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and not intimidating at all. You could tell they were a fast paced company and only selected candidates who were extremely serious about working with them. There were some aspects about the job that were really confusing until the second interview. The first interview was one on one with the president of the company. The second interview was with an account manager with a lot of experience outside of the office at a restaurant.

Interview Questions

Capital Acquisitions (Texas) Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Branch Manager

Thanks for your feedback!

Entry-Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas) (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Not too bad. Initially it is just a interview with Branch Manager to discuss background then you move forward to meeting with an Account Manger. I wish they were more straight forward about what they do on a daily basis. Instead of finding it out very last.

Interview Questions

Capital Acquisitions (Texas) Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Branch Manager

Thanks for your review! We are sorry you felt the interview was not straight-forward. We try to explain as well as possible what the position is during the first round interview because we don't want... More

Sales Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Texas).

Interview

The interview process was very misleading. I'm not sure where they got my resume from, but I went along with it cause I needed work.

It is a three stage interview.

1st interview: While they sell you on "culture" and "growth," they don't exactly tell you what you are going to be doing, like the day to day of the job.

2nd interview: They took us out to lunch, but didn't compensate our meals. In addition, they made us all meet at the office and then follow them in our car to their lunch place, which was a little bit weird. At this point was when I realized that the base pay was way too low and the whole structure of the organization was pretty weird as well. It has a very clear path for growth, but I had a feeling that this job is kind of like a spin-off of those pyramid schemes. I also found out here that even though you work 40 hours workweeks, the hours were VERY unusual, and included weekends.

I withdrew myself from the process after the second interview.

Overall, all the questions they asked where behavioral.

Interview Questions

Capital Acquisitions (Texas) Response

Hey, Interviewer!

We're really appreciative of the feedback and always eager to improve. We're sorry to hear that there wasn't a more clear explanation of the job responsibilities in your first... More