Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) Entry-Level Marketing/Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Entry-Level Marketing/Sales

Interviews at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC)

1 Interview Review

1.0

Entry-Level Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Emailed in response to an online job listing and was contacted for an in-person interview the same day. Went to their Georgetown office and was very taken aback to see a large group of young people all waiting to be interviewed for similar positions--a few direct sales companies (technically separate, I think) share the same office space and resources. Standard, quick initial interview; I was called back for a full day of (what sounded like) in-office shadowing by the end of the week.

It was never mentioned that this is a B2C, outside sales position until a couple hours into the full-day interview. I rode 30 minutes into the Maryland suburbs with a full car of employees, and we grabbed lunch together at Chipotle. (Everyone paid separately, even interviewees; some employees brought packed lunches. I thought it was quite odd they didn't have a recruiting budget for even $7 burritos.)

After lunch, we started door-to-door sales in a neighborhood of condos/apartments for Nest Thermostats (or something similar, something about lowering energy bills). It was then that it was made clear this is a commission-only job, and two people in the group of three I was shadowing had been with the company less than two weeks--turnover that high is never a good sign. The company uses a MLM/pyramid scheme structure for commissions; people higher up get a small cut of newer employees who train underneath them.

As this was the height of summer and we were walking outside in professional clothing, one of the three employees became ill and started coughing up blood during the afternoon. The supervisor-type guy among them called the DC office but was told to just drive her to the nearest Metro station so she could go home (...not even drive her to her home, or to a doctor, or to Georgetown so she could get her car).

Obviously, I was stuck with the group for the rest of the full day unless I wanted to find my own way back to DC, so I played along and walked around with them until about 9 or 10 PM. Nothing indicated the day would go beyond the normal 5 or 6 PM.

The day-long experience took about 12 hours in 90 degree heat + $10 for lunch + $15 in parking; each of the three employees I spent the day with made well under $100 that day. If I had known what to expect, I wouldn't have gone to the "interview" at all.

Interview Questions

• Future career aspirations; experience in sales, client interaction.   Answer Question

Shady company & interview process; not interested in commission-only or outside sales position.