Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) Junior Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC)

1.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Arlington, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

They bring you in for a short 5-10 min interview, then after asking you a few simple easy questions, they tell you if you make it to the next round you'll be called back for a second interview. Pretty positive everyone makes it to the second interview. The second interview is supposed to be a "job shadow" although they never disclosed what the job shadow would entail. All I was told was to bring another hard copy of my resume and to wear flat shoes. When I got to the second interview I waited in a small waiting room where a bunch of other people were sitting waiting for their interviews as well. Finally, after starting the interview 30 mins later than scheduled, I was introduced to the woman who was supposed to conduct the job shadow. She was put in charge of me and one other candidate. Then we were told to follow her. I thought we might be moving to a separate room in the building. The next thing I know we're headed out of the building towards the subway--this was a major red flag as their had been no prior warning that the job shadow would be held outside the building, and as such I wasn't dressed properly for it. It was freezing cold outside and I didn't have a hat, gloves, or boots, like the women "interviewing" me did. I asked her repeatedly where we were going and what we were going to do and all she would say is that we are going to "meet with clients." They didn't offer to pay for my subway fare either which was another indicator. On the subway ride the woman quizzed me about different types of marketing practices. I remember specifically her asking "So what do you know about marketing?" and I replied, "A great deal. It was my major." Her questions didn't seem professional and I already felt that something was off. She told me about their client, Direct Energy I think it's called, and how they do personal marketing for their client, but she was still vague about what exactly they do. Finally I managed to get out of her what we would be doing. I had to directly ask, if the clients we were meeting today, knew that we were coming. She replied calmly, looking at her feet, that no, they are unaware. That's when I knew for certain that this wasn't real marketing. This was door-to-door solicitation masquerading as a marketing business. After hitting a few houses and knocking on their doors, myself and the other man being "interviewed" decided together that this was sketchy and not right. We told the woman thanks but no thanks, and left together to take the metro back. When I got home and told my family they were also outraged at the deceitfulness and unprofessionalism. This company is shady and is not upfront in their hiring processes, their method of "marketing" is equally unprofessional, and I advise anyone looking for a job to steer clear of this company. Don't bother even applying!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about marketing?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

3 day interview process. During the first interview, I was told that it was merely for the purposes of "putting a face to the resume." I wasn't told anything about the company - on the contrary, I shared what I knew about the organization and spent the next 10 minutes asking the man interviewing me questions, instead of the other way around. The man asked me what days worked for me for a second interview, which would be a job shadow. I got an email confirmation for the second interview, only advising me to "wear comfortable shoes" as the only warning of what the second interview might be like. I arrive for the second interview and waited patiently with several other applicants in a waiting room. We soon got split up into groups: my group consisted of an employee, one trainee, one other young man in his second interview, and myself. The manager told us, "you can go out the way you came in," pointing towards the door. I was confused but follow the others outside. I soon find out that this is a full day interview during which we will be traveling (using public transportation---and doing so by spending our own money...) and will have to return to the Georgetown office around 9pm, IF the employee thinks we are worthy (Excuse me?!) The other interviewee and myself are very confused and taken aback; there was absolutely no warning of this whatsoever. I ask the employee what regular hours look like for an employee, and he says roughly 11am-11pm. I should have run after hearing that. I ask the employee what we will be doing today. He replies that we will be meeting with clients, and only when I push further, does he say that "the area we will be working in is residential." I still don't know what we are about to do but decide to go with it. Soon we board a bus, then a metro, then another bus, and get off in Silver Spring, Maryland. Again, all with our own money. No one seems to be in a hurry because we stop for lunch before we do anything else. The employee doesn't seem to know where he is going - he keeps looking up directions and bus routes on his handy company iPad. We arrive in an apartment complex, and I realize we are about to go door to door and I am in complete shock. The employee explains that they are working on an "energy campaign". From what I observed, each situation went like this: The employee knocks on a door. Someone opens the door, and if they seem open enough to hold a conversation, the employee then says something along the lines of, "we are following up on a notice on the back of your utility bill...go get your bill and I'll show you what I'm talking about." He then proceeds to explain how these people are paying more than they should be, try to get them to agree to 'their' service, whatever that is. I am extremely frustrated now, because if I had known this was how my entire day was going to be spent, I wouldn't have wasted my time. We knock on doors for the next 4/5 hours. The other interviewee decides not to come back to Georgetown for interview #3, especially since he is from Silver Spring, and is miffed that he has been made to go back and forth already, unnecessarily. The rest of us bus and metro back to Georgetown. I come back to the office to find all the employees drinking, playing loud music, and having a good time. I get called in to speak with the same man who did my first interview (if you can call it that). We talk for some time, and gives me all this talk about how he's worked in the corporate world and values his job at Capital Acquisitions because they allow for growth from within, and basically pay a lot. He said after his own second interview that there was no way he was going to do it, but he is about to become a manager, and that is really incredible (?). The program is pretty much a "manager training" program - if you go through the steps/put in the work, you get promoted and if you make it to manager, you can start your own office. But there is no escaping the door to door stuff. He tells me to think about it, that it pays well (I wouldn't hear that it was commission based until later), and that he'd love for me to join the team. I am monumentally confused and tell him I'll think about it.

This company is misleading, unclear, sketchy, and quite honestly a bit disrespectful. They are absolutely NOT a marketing firm. Transparency, or at least a bit more openness about who they are as a company, would go a long way.

Interview Questions

• I don't think I was asked a single relevant question during the entire "interview" process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

It was fairly short, for an hour and 30 minute commute the interview was only 5 minutes. It was hard finding the location and once I arrived the first thing I saw was a dog and I had to walk all the way to the back to let them know that I was actually here. I feel like if they let people know up front what they plan on doing then they would have better success retaining employees.

Interview Questions

• What's one word to describe me? Where do I see myself in 3 years? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I guess I didn't get that far in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Acquisitions (Washington DC) (Georgetown, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

BOGUS! Arrived for my interview, lights were off in the building and no one inside. Sent emails And called several times to no answer. Stay away! Three other folks arrived for an interview as well and drove very far to get to the unmarked building.