Capital District Physicians' Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan

2.8

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

multiple interviews no real challenging questions, except for some of the technical team, but questions were primarily focused on tools used in my prior work experience. organized and thorough. Panel interview with several areas of the company represented. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• focused questions on technologies I had experience with   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY).

Interview

HR does not interview you. You are interviewed directly by management hiring. Resumes are reviewed and placed in a system management selects from. No screening is done whatsoever by HR. I have. Been on many interviews and have always been screened by HR. Management don't know how to interview so they hire unqualified people, especially for management positions. The whole process is ridiculous.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

My initial contact was with through a third party recruiter. CDPHP however continually would reach out to me directly while keeping the recruiter out of the loop.

I initially spoke over the phone with the director who would be hiring me to see if we would be a good fit for each other in terms of experience and expectations. Then they coordinated travel for an on-site interview, putting me up overnight in what I thought to be quite nice accomodations.

The interview process consisted of the better part of the day spending some time with almost all of the actuarial management team, the previous individual contributor in the position, as well as the CFO. Every aspect of the process spent with the Finance department was simply wonderful, from the atmosphere to the questions and expectations.

The last meeting was with HR to discuss some of the practical considerations of the position (general benefits information, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Albany (location of CDPHP)?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about Tableau? (Analytics software on my resume which they were considering being more involved with).   Answer Question

Prior to travelling to Albany for the on-site interview, I had over the phone made clear, and mutually acceptable, salary expectations in no uncertain terms (basically I stated that I was looking for something between Y and Z, but not below some minimum for consideration of X). This was requested right off the bat by the company so that we not waste each other's time if expectations differed too dramatically, which I appreciated due to the distance I would have had to travel to interview on-site
      The range I provided was considered very workable by all parties involved at that time (the hiring department, the recruiter, myself). Later, when an offer was made through HR, it was made below X which I had previously stated I would not even consider a position for less than that amount.

Unfortunately that left a somewhat bad taste due to what I saw as negotiating in bad faith, in particular there would have been no hard feelings on either side had my minimum been too high for what they were looking for from the beginning of the hiring process as expressed over the phone. Since they wanted me to come up in person based on the range provided, this I felt was a bit disengenuous.
     In my opinion this was due to ill intentioned HR involvement and overstepping.

I believe anyone who was treated appropriately from start to finish by the hiring department without HR getting in the way would quite likely find this a very enjoyable work environment! I personally would have absolutely accepted an offer based in good faith on the continuum of discussions which we had had.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was from management only (no peer interview). Good technical questions were asked. They seemed just as concerned with demeanor and personality as ability. A few "hard" questions about problems I'd encountered, and my personal strengths and weaknesses were asked, but nothing unexpected. The turnover rate has been high and this was not disclosed in the interview though I directly asked about this issue.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter negotiated for me. I should have pushed for more money.

Informatics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR person who said that the manager of analytics department found my resume interesting and wanted her to schedule a phone interview. I spoke to the manager and 2 other associates from said department. The interviewers asked general questions about experience, expectations and gave loads of information about the department. It was a good phone interview. I was told by the manager before ending the interview that I should expect a call from the HR person who will schedule the in-person interview. I sent thank you emails!
    5 days after the phone interview when I did not receive the call, I emailed the HR person to inquire about the in-person interview. The HR person said that the manager is was not in the office for the beginning of the week but she would follow up with her and subsequently with me, when the manager comes back.
    And I have not hear from the HR person...
    I am not sure if the manager was incompetent for misinforming me that she would like an in-person interview or if the HR person was incompetent for telling me that she will follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my analysis experience and my experience with SQL and SAS.   Answer Question

Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

one phone interview, two rounds in person. I wish they did come back sooner to me. The longer drawn out process to make a decision does not help their image.

IT Professional Interview

Interview

Too many promises but none kept

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Way below market rate

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Well planned, organized, friendly, nice company and smart people. The company is a leader in Capital District and has excellent benefits. Thes include comp, hsa, work out facillities and high quality cafeteria.

Provider Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty brief. I first did the application and online assessment, followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited for a face to face interview. The first part of the interview was pretty standard. There were two interviewers who asked typical questions. After speaking with them i was taken to another room to complete a computer assessment which took about 30 minutes. About a week after my interview i was contacted to get permission to conduct a background check. Four days later i received a job offer.

Referral Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I started with a temp agency, then there was a phone interview with my potential supervisor at CDPHP. She completed the interview and then notified me a day or 2 later that I was accepted. It was for a temp to hire position.

Interview Questions

• How well do I work both, independently and with a team?   Answer Question