Capital District Physicians' Health Plan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Well planned, organized, friendly, nice company and smart people. The company is a leader in Capital District and has excellent benefits. Thes include comp, hsa, work out facillities and high quality cafeteria.

Informatics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR person who said that the manager of analytics department found my resume interesting and wanted her to schedule a phone interview. I spoke to the manager and 2 other associates from said department. The interviewers asked general questions about experience, expectations and gave loads of information about the department. It was a good phone interview. I was told by the manager before ending the interview that I should expect a call from the HR person who will schedule the in-person interview. I sent thank you emails!
    5 days after the phone interview when I did not receive the call, I emailed the HR person to inquire about the in-person interview. The HR person said that the manager is was not in the office for the beginning of the week but she would follow up with her and subsequently with me, when the manager comes back.
    And I have not hear from the HR person...
    I am not sure if the manager was incompetent for misinforming me that she would like an in-person interview or if the HR person was incompetent for telling me that she will follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my analysis experience and my experience with SQL and SAS.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY).

Interview

HR does not interview you. You are interviewed directly by management hiring. Resumes are reviewed and placed in a system management selects from. No screening is done whatsoever by HR. I have. Been on many interviews and have always been screened by HR. Management don't know how to interview so they hire unqualified people, especially for management positions. The whole process is ridiculous.

Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

one phone interview, two rounds in person. I wish they did come back sooner to me. The longer drawn out process to make a decision does not help their image.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

My initial contact was with through a third party recruiter. CDPHP however continually would reach out to me directly while keeping the recruiter out of the loop.

I initially spoke over the phone with the director who would be hiring me to see if we would be a good fit for each other in terms of experience and expectations. Then they coordinated travel for an on-site interview, putting me up overnight in what I thought to be quite nice accomodations.

The interview process consisted of the better part of the day spending some time with almost all of the actuarial management team, the previous individual contributor in the position, as well as the CFO. Every aspect of the process spent with the Finance department was simply wonderful, from the atmosphere to the questions and expectations.

The last meeting was with HR to discuss some of the practical considerations of the position (general benefits information, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move to Albany (location of CDPHP)?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about Tableau? (Analytics software on my resume which they were considering being more involved with).   Answer Question

Prior to travelling to Albany for the on-site interview, I had over the phone made clear, and mutually acceptable, salary expectations in no uncertain terms (basically I stated that I was looking for something between Y and Z, but not below some minimum for consideration of X). This was requested right off the bat by the company so that we not waste each other's time if expectations differed too dramatically, which I appreciated due to the distance I would have had to travel to interview on-site
      The range I provided was considered very workable by all parties involved at that time (the hiring department, the recruiter, myself). Later, when an offer was made through HR, it was made below X which I had previously stated I would not even consider a position for less than that amount.

Unfortunately that left a somewhat bad taste due to what I saw as negotiating in bad faith, in particular there would have been no hard feelings on either side had my minimum been too high for what they were looking for from the beginning of the hiring process as expressed over the phone. Since they wanted me to come up in person based on the range provided, this I felt was a bit disengenuous.
     In my opinion this was due to ill intentioned HR involvement and overstepping.

I believe anyone who was treated appropriately from start to finish by the hiring department without HR getting in the way would quite likely find this a very enjoyable work environment! I personally would have absolutely accepted an offer based in good faith on the continuum of discussions which we had had.

Referral Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I started with a temp agency, then there was a phone interview with my potential supervisor at CDPHP. She completed the interview and then notified me a day or 2 later that I was accepted. It was for a temp to hire position.

Interview Questions

• How well do I work both, independently and with a team?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied to this position through a local career services website. After about two weeks, I was contacted by the employer for a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were very straightforward, asking for me to talk about the experience on my resume. After that, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview as soon as possible. At the in-person interview, I was introduced to the Human Capital Management staff. I "interviewed" twice while I was there; once with the HCM Manager and once with both the HCM Manager and the Director of Human Capital Management. I received a call after a couple days offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• As I was walking through my resume with the Director, some of the experience that I hadn't included on my resume was brought up. I was surprised when the Director asked me more about the experience I hadn't included and was interested in learning about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because the position was an entry-level type position.

IT Professional Interview

Interview

Too many promises but none kept

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Way below market rate

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Once called in for an interview you stepped into the lobby with about 20 other people interviewing. There wasn't anyone there to greet you so you were not sure what to do. Then someone came out and called your name, you were brought into a room and interviewed by two people, one from HR the other a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What my experience was in member/customer service.   1 Answer

RN CCM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (Albany, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Two supervisor or manager interview, usually two interview process. Usual interview type questions asked along with nursing questions. You are given two cases to review for second interview and have to give feedback on these cases and how you would case manage the member.

Interview Questions

• Will give 2 case scenarios to review and give feedback.   Answer Question