Capital Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Came into SF office for interview. Met with three people in a small angular conference room. The SF office is one of their satellite offices. I was recommended to the hiring manager here through a recruiter. I didn't have real direct contact with others at the firm.

Interview Questions

• The primary manager had a list of questions like--what is your favorite book, who is someone you admire, how would a close friend describe you, etc. There were about 30 of these questions. Then the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group

Associate Interview

Interview

Lengthy and extremely stressful. It felt as if the interviewers were not prepared or had already made up their mind on another candidate and this was just part of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, a bit redundant, no outlier questions, fairly standard...interviews were with 3 managers. Later learned extremely difficult to get in Cap Group, typically multiple attempts required to be hired.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

3 rounds of fit. first one was a 1:1 where the recruiter asked me questions about my resume. She seemed genuinely interested in getting to know more about my experiences and was very engaged. Some interesting questions were if I would describe myself a s a happy person, what is an underrated quality that people often overlook and why. Round 2 had 3 30 minute 2:1. The last interviewer seemed negative and disinterested in the process and although it might have been a part of the interview, he did overdo it a little. No experience about the third round but they say it is also a bunch of fit questions.

Interview Questions

• I think your (insert most significant campus involvement) is pointless. Tell me why the organization should continue to exist.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Group in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is VERY LONG. I first had a phone interview with HR that took about 40 minutes. 2 2 weeks later I was formally brought in for an interview, it took 4 hours, consisting of 4, 1 hour interviews. The call back interview, another 2 weeks later was with senior managers and was another 4 hours! It then took 2 weeks to go through all the background checks before I finally received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle criticism of your work   Answer Question
    • Give a specific example of something you were a part of that wasn't successful and what did you do to fix it in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate a later start date and 2k additional compensation. They are very rigid on their offers and consider the bonuses as part of your total compensation and salary.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group in April 2011.

Interview

The interview with Human Resources was very detailed. Theyasked questions in regards to your past experience and verify information that is already on your resume. They'll cover gaps that are in your resume, why you left any previous employers and ask what you liked/didn't like about your past employers.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about the previous employer?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group in November 2009.

Interview

the interview process was very thorough and lengthy, but it hightlighted the company's thoughtful and collaborative culture.