Capital Group Client Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group Client Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donna, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Donna, TX).

Interview

Started with a virtual interview, pre-recorded questions then you answer the question while its recording you, then after I had a phone interview lasted about 30 min which was a situation interview... Where they ask you questions about if you were ever in this situation and how you delt with it

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview. First interview was only 10-15 minutes general interest and a behavioral question. Second phone interview was about 45 minutes long and was more in depth. Many questions about my previous job history and if I was eligible for rehire there. About 4 Star type behavioral questions. Then a description of the position. Was not invited to continue on in the process. Interviewer was quite curt and rigid in questions and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a dissatisfied client.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Was contacted for a series of interviews. First you talk with someone for a phone interview, then move on to do a skype based interview, then meet the recruiters in person. They do batch hiring so there were a lot of people at the interview. Everyone was polite and nice. It was well organized. No complaints.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group (Norfolk, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

1st and 2nd interview was over the phone, taking place days apart. 3rd interview was over the internet. They sent me a link to ensure my computer was compatible before the interview actually took place. 4th and final interview was about two hours and consisted of a listening session, the panel interview and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Lot of details here, but I hope it's helpful. Several adviser friends of mine recommended CG as a great place to start out in finance. I applied and got a denial email after three weeks, so I continued my job search elsewhere, but CG sent me another email two weeks later asking to set up an interview...weird.

Regardless, I agreed to move forward. First interview was a simple, automated Skype-like interview that I completely bombed because I'm not good at talking to a webcam, but it must've been good enough because they then set me up for a phone interview.

Phone interview was about an hour and they only asked a couple behavioral questions. They explained a lot more about the position - start date, location, job details, and salary (starts at about $30k-$37k plus two annual bonuses). The CSR position is not a sales/licensed position, so you won't be able to get your FINRA licenses through this (like series 7, 63, 66, etc.) Also, the great retirement plan everyone on here is referring to really is awesome (15% of your salary), BUT you aren't fully vested until you've worked 6 years at CG, which means you don't get to keep all of that money unless you stay with CG for that long.

Third interview was Skype with a live person. It was very relaxed and easy. More behavioral questions - be sure to follow the S.T.A.R. method when answering. Fourth interview was in person at CG campus. I was in a group of four other applicants. The other applicants each met with an interviewer one-on-one, but I had two people interviewing me. I was prepared for this though, and I took it as a compliment - maybe I'm the most impressive of this group or something??? Who knows. This fourth interview was 2 hours long, but not hard. More behavioral questions, but they will hit you with detailed follow up questions, so be ready for that.

Next day I got a call about submitting references and info for background check. They ask for three references, but they only contact one. Just a head's up, the reference they contact has to fill out a 20+ question form about you, so be sure your references are okay with taking time to do that. Also, this is a financial/brokerage institution, so background checks involve credit check and they use some sort of FBI system to review your past so have a clean slate! (FYI - by law they can't see your credit score when they do the credit check.)

They ask for a 2 year commitment from you so only take this job if you're serious about staying. It's risky because it doesn't seem like there's much room for growth. The campus in Carmel, IN is really nice with cafeteria, indoor walking track, and very nice people who all seem to have a level head. You'll definitely make friends with your coworkers.

Great company with a great reputation. I'm currently waiting for the background check which is the last step. Be fine with waiting because they won't make an offer until 2-3 weeks before you would be starting. Whole process has taken about 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client/customer.
      Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer.
      Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Long process. Multiple phone interviews and the face to face......its starts with short phone interview if they like you you schedule a long phone interview. The a face to face where u interview with two people and take a tour

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very extensive, Unnecessarily so. It was a recorded answer session online, phone call, then a video call interview, then finally an in person interview on site. I made it to the final interview in a two-month span.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time when you weren't successful and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

Interview

Very long process. Be patient. 4 interviews and a real background check. (Meaning don't lie on your application about your work history) 2 month process. 2 phone 1 Web 1 in person. Normal interview questions. Some questions repeat between the 4 interviews. Campus was beautiful. Each phone interview let me know if was moved to the next step. The Web interview emailed me or called that I was moved on. After face to face was emailed for pre employment screening (background check) received call weeks later about offer. All in all I was happy just on edge waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time questions. Be specific. Why cap group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and got a response within a week. I then had two phone interviews and one online interview. The first was mostly informational. The second was a combo of informational and things like why do you want this job and such. My online interview had a lot of situational questions. Basically, you want to answer using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a new technology for your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

A brief phone interview and then a half-day in person session with other candidates. Asked a million typical "tell me about a time when" questions in every possible scenario. People were nice, campus is beautiful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received criticism and improved work performance.   Answer Question