Capital Group Internal Wholesaler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group Internal Wholesaler Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR recruiter. We had a 20 minute phone conversation about the position. I was asked to move forward and went through a 3-interview process in one day at their facility.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about challenging situations that I have overcome, and about how my current position and daily responsibilities can translate into the internal wholesaler role.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by email within 2 hrs to schedule a phone interview for the following week.
    Had phone interview he asked about 5 questions. I was very upbeat, positive, friendly etc
    How was your weekend.
    Tell me why you picked capital group.
    What made you leave your last employer.
    Tell me about your skills and qualifications.
    What makes you want to be in investments.
    Interviewer was very dry, no personality I could tell he was reading from a script, he didn't ask additional questions or follow up questions.
    Gave very general responses, that's great, oh very good, ok good etc.
    My skills were more then enough for this position.
    2 days later received an email thank you for applying etc we selected another candidate blah blah.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

The HR employee was very nice and helpful throughout the process. I was never in a position where I did not know what the next step would be. Overall the experience of the interview was positive and have nothing to say badly about how they handled it.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews... First one around 20 min, the second one a little over an hour... Then moved to face to face interview in irvine, ca. The face to face interview was a little over 2:30 hours. Durring the interview there is two sets of interviews. The first one is with someone from HR.... That one is just a formality so they cover their legal bases. The next one is with internal sales manager and a random manager from whatever department has someone free.

This is the important part of the interview, the part that misinterpreted. The key is to be rock solid on your "sales pitch," they want a corporate robot, so stick to the same old features and benefits talk that is in 99.99% of all outdated sales processes. Say something like " at American funds our portfolio managers have on average 21 years with the company, so that will give you the peace of mind knowing clients money is invested with people who know what they are doing."

All in all.... Basic interview, with basic managers, who are looking for basic people who will not bring anything different to the table or challenge anything.

Interview Questions

• what keeps you from being the best?   Answer Question
    • what's an example of a time when you had to sell something that you didn't understand.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group in April 2015.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with two different HR people from two different locations. The first one was with a lady in Orlando, Florida, the second was from the job location itself, Irvine, California. The process was negative in the sense they ask all behavioral antiquated questions that often do not seem relevant to the role or anything else for that matter. Also, they always respond to answer or question "that's very true" "great question" "yes indeed, I fully understand," etc. It often feels like they are reading a script and not really understanding what you say. For an entry level role like this, to have 2 phone interviews without ever getting to meet the actual hiring manager is really over kill and quite insulting.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 to 10 years from now in this role?   1 Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group in March 2015.

Interview

Overall process took about 4 weeks. First interview was basic questions making sure my background was a fit for the position. They flew me to Irvine for 2nd interview which had a lot of behavioral questions. It was 2 1hour interviews. The had me do 2 mock sales pitches and ran over my background some more. Third interview was a 25 minute mock sales call with 3 hiring managers. The only negative thing was it took over 7 weeks to get rembursed for my travel when they said it would be 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how your prior experience would make you a fit for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Capital Group who found my resume on Indeed.com. There was an initial phone screen that wasn't much of anything. I then had two phone interviews with HR. General HR questions. The second one was more in depth. Both were about 30 minutes. The following week they flew me out to San Antonio (all expenses paid, flights, hotel, car, pretty good deal) for face to face interviews. I spent about 4 hours in their office. First was a 30 minute tour of the office/Q&A, followed by three interviews that were an hour each. The first was with HR, second two were with managers in my department. Extremely thorough and in-depth process. If you can think of it, they probably asked it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario in either an academic or professional experience where you were faced with a significant challenge. What was it, how did you plan to overcome it, and what was the result (they asked for a second example after).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then got a phone call within the next week from a recruiter. She was nice and easy to talk to. Asked basic questions such as where did you go to school, what did you study and where do you live? Also asked how flexible I was with traveling and why I was interested in the position. Then after a week she called again to schedule a phone interview with someone at Capital Group. Again, the questions were basic but went into a little more detail about myself and my professional experience. Then I was called again by initial person to schedule a face-to-face interview. They pay for travel and expenses. Its 3 rounds of interviews and they are laid back. If you are good at interviewing and good with people you can control the conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The first point of contact is via phone to discuss your resume and what you are looking for in the position. If you have met their requirement a face to face interview will be granted. On this process they will interview you with a group/panel and go more in depth with your resume and ask you more question. After the second interview, if you met their needs, they will contact you for a phone interview. In this Interview, they will ask you question to determine if you could fit in with their corporation.