Capital Group Accounting/Finance Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group Accounting/Finance Intern Interview Questions

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus. It was a 2 on 1 interview, and it lasted for about 45 minutes. The interview was very relaxed. First, the interviewers talked about themselves, their backgrounds as well as the company as a whole. Then they asked me some basic questions such as my interest in The Capital Group and why I applied for this specific position. They also asked me about my interest in accounting and why I decided to become an accounting major. They asked me questions like "What was your toughest class?" or "What was your most interesting class?" Overall, they ran through my resume and asked me questions about my background. No technical questions or tough behavioral questions.

A few days after the first round interview, I was invited to their Irvine office for second round interviews. I had 4 consecutive 45 minute interviews with a 15 minute break in between each interview. They were 1 on 1 interviews, and like the first round interview, they were very relaxed. The people I interviewed with were laid back and easy to talk to. They asked about my background and interest in company as well as a few behavioral questions, but nothing too difficult or surprising. They also provided us with lunch and a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. No technical questions. Just behavioral questions. Examples of some of the questions include: "Would you characterize yourself as opinionated?" "Tell me about a time where you faced an unexpected obstacle and how you overcame that obstacle." "Tell me about an time where you tried multiple times to accomplish something and ultimately failed and maybe realized it just wasn't for you."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Group in January 2012.

Interview

I completed an on-campus interview at my university, and a few days later I was invited to an on-site interview day at the Irvine campus. The interview consisted of four separate interviews with hiring managers and an HR manager. The day also included a tour of the campus and a lunch with recent hires.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem that you couldn't seem to solve.   1 Answer