Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.1

Investment Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

All behavioral questions. First round video interview--30min long? Interviewer concluded telling me she would like to invite me for a final round, and I got an email with details within the hour.
    Final rounds held at Irvine and LA offices. 3 45min back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince a group you could take on a specific responsibility.
      Strengths and weaknesses?
      Why Investment Operations?
      Describe a time you worked in a group, and members didn't see eye to eye?
      Describe a failure and what you learned from it.
      Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Great company with high quality people and an extended time horizon in the market. Interviews have a heavy focus on behavioral and fit questions. Have a strong understanding of why they should want to work side by side with you day in and day out, and why you want to be part of their team so badly. Very long process, with a ton of interviews. Some very friendly, some intentionally aggressive to put you under time and emotional pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Capital? Why TAP? Tell me about a time when you...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Both interviews were virtual. The first one asked questions and you recorded your answers and submitted them at the end. The second one was a Skype-like program where you talk to a real person. Felt more like just a conversation rather than a question and answer session. Hard to prepare for something like that.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. They don't ask technical questions, knowing you're still in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online and heard back next day that I had received a first round. The first round is a virtual one way interview where you record answers to predetermined questions. Submitted first round on Friday and got a phone call Monday telling me that I had made it to the second round. Had a second round video conference interview and got an email 30 minutes later saying I'd made it to final rounds in 2 weeks. Currently have a super day coming up in 10 days

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with a teammate you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Capital Group through my college's career site and then on CG's career site. A few days later, I received an email asking me to do an online, prerecorded interview for the first round. All of these questions were behavioral. Two hours later, I got an email saying I made it to the next round, which was an online, Skype-like interview with someone from HR. It was an overall very relaxed conversation, and again, all the questions were behavioral. An hour after the interview, I received an email inviting me to their final round interview in Los Angeles. This round was comprised of three interviews, all of which were behavioral. The only time I had to talk about anything finance related was when I brought the topic up. I felt like this helped me, as the interviewer said he could tell I had solid financial mechanics. They ask a good bit about specific situations you have been in and also really dig deep into your resume. About two and a half weeks later, I received a call from an HR rep extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had an unexpected "road block" and how you overcame it.

Tell me about a time that you worked on a project with a group. What was the overall group dynamic? What do you think the other group members said were your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital Group in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email asking me to do an online interview. I was then contacted to do a skype interview with one of the HR managers. The interviewer seemed distracted and was late to the interview. Additionally, she kept reading the questions off a script and seemed uninterested.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career page and was contacted by a recruiter two weeks later asking to do a virtual interview. The virtual interview took about 30 minutes but you should definitely double check your sound system before starting the interview because even though my sound system was fine during the testing, the sound became faulty during the actual interview. Shortly after the interview, the recruiter contacted me within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with someone opposite of you.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a virtual interview of 4 to 5 questions, where you upload a video recordings of your answers. The whole process was somewhat unclear. Questions were all behavioral. They give you 3 days to complete the video interview process with no advance warnings, which was unfortunate for me because that week had been one of the busiest ones.

The video system did not work for me initially, and I had to spend hours trying to figure out what was wrong. So be mindful of technical difficulties.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Capital Group? Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a situation in which you did not necessarily agree with your co-worker/teammate.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online video recording interview then online in person interview. Applied through University career portal and received an invitation for a prerecorded phone interview. Few days later received an invitation for an in-person call that lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used an experimental procedure   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Send in an application in early Oct. Heard back the next day to set up a one way Skype type interview where you answered the questions that popped up on the screen into your webcam. Two days later, got a notice that I made it through to the 2nd round, which was an actual Skype interview. Later that day, I heard back that I got through to the Final Round on site in Norfolk, Va. They flew me out for an interview. The onsite was three 45 min interviews.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions and questions related to your resume. The different interviewers spoke to different things like strengths/weaknesses, teamwork, and presentation skills. They really walk you through the interview to direct you to answers they want answered. Pleasant experience overall, even without the offer in the end.   Answer Question