Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Heavily behavioral but very different than any behavioral interviews I had done previously. They don't expect technical knowledge, but be prepared to feel like you are in a therapy session.

Interview Questions

Capital Group Response

Oct 13, 2017 – Senior Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. You're right, we do ask a lot of behavioral questions during our interview process. Especially for our early career positions, we like to... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone interview with a recruiter, and then the hiring manager, as well as a 4 hour interview with 4 different people. Although I didn't get accepted into the position, it was still very insightful to learn about the company. You could definitely hear the passion that they had for Capital Group.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you disagreed with a teammate?   Answer Question

Global Finance Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a pre recorded interview online, the the second interview is a video chat and the third and final interview is in person with multiple managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you experienced something new and how did you approach it?   1 Answer

Investment Operations Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and straightforward. All the questions were behavioral, as Capital really emphasizes getting to know you as a person. Here is a little about each round:

* 1-way video screening: just a few behavioral questions, answer honestly and have a good story. You get some time to prepare, so it's not very stressful.

* 30-minute Skype interview with HR: also behavioral, a lot of emphasis on your experience with teamwork.

* Final on-site interviews: 3 45-minute 1-on-1 interviews, also all behavioral. The interviewers had a sheet of paper with questions, so the interview was structured, but there definitely was some conversational flow as opposed to just Q-and-A for the entire time.

My best advice for the process is to be yourself and to really try to connect with the interviewers. Capital really wants to see who you are as a person, so be friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions were the standard "tell me a time when ..." questions with some follow-ups based on what you said.   1 Answer

HR Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Intense yet friendly; Engaging while still keeping you "on your toes" to ensure you answered effectively; Multi-layered; Long; Very specific and requiring a lot of detail specifically around reference checking; the slightest error and you wouldn't have made it thru the process

Interview Questions

• - Give me an example of a behavioral interview question you successfully utilized to assess a candidate.   Answer Question

TAP Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

The interview process was long -- I had 3 interviews in one day. Each of the interviewers was extremely friendly and encouraged conversation and questions. We had a chance to talk to current associates, which was helpful in getting to know the company from their perspective.

Interview Questions

• As someone who did not have experience in this industry, I was asked a lot of questions as to why I was interested in pursuing this career path.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event by one of the HR personnel to be part of a Early Career Hire program. It was essentially a networking event with two 15 minute time slots for individual interviews with Capital Group associates.

If they liked you, you were invited back to a day of 4 rounds of back-to-back interviews followed by a lunch. Each interview was 1:1 with a department manager, except for one which was with a Vice President. The interviews were very conversational and comprised of mostly behavioral and situational questions. My interview with the VP was markedly harder than the others, but I later heard that he loved me.

You won't have to worry about whiteboards or technical tests. However, be prepared to show your knowledge by speaking extensively on your experiences. They want to see what kind of person you are; why do you code, what do you do on your free time, what drives you?

The whole process from the networking event to receiving an offer took 2 and a half months.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word.   Answer Question
    • What do you do for fun / What were you doing before you were programming?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

- initial phone call screen
    - in office interview that includes two one one interviews with a manager, a tour of facility and a demo
    - background check and job offer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Recommended and invited for phone interview, which let to multiple onsite interviews in two locations. Interview process took a less than a month to complete, but internal process took another 2-3 months to complete before final offer received.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think you contributed the most in previous role and how do you think that prepared you for this one?   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks. First there was a self recorded interview where you answered 3 questions. I received a call the following day for a web interview. After the web interview I was set up for an interview on campus that took 2 1/2 hours with a group. Was interviewed by two different managers and then a tour of the campus. There were a lot of behavioral type of questions. One manager gets to know you and your experience, and the other is to understand how you will work based off situational questions. Everyone was very nice throughout the process, very detail oriented and they are on top of their schedules.