Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital Group in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email asking me to do an online interview. I was then contacted to do a skype interview with one of the HR managers. The interviewer seemed distracted and was late to the interview. Additionally, she kept reading the questions off a script and seemed uninterested.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career page and was contacted by a recruiter two weeks later asking to do a virtual interview. The virtual interview took about 30 minutes but you should definitely double check your sound system before starting the interview because even though my sound system was fine during the testing, the sound became faulty during the actual interview. Shortly after the interview, the recruiter contacted me within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with someone opposite of you.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a virtual interview of 4 to 5 questions, where you upload a video recordings of your answers. The whole process was somewhat unclear. Questions were all behavioral. They give you 3 days to complete the video interview process with no advance warnings, which was unfortunate for me because that week had been one of the busiest ones.

The video system did not work for me initially, and I had to spend hours trying to figure out what was wrong. So be mindful of technical difficulties.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Capital Group? Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a situation in which you did not necessarily agree with your co-worker/teammate.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online video recording interview then online in person interview. Applied through University career portal and received an invitation for a prerecorded phone interview. Few days later received an invitation for an in-person call that lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used an experimental procedure   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Norfolk, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Send in an application in early Oct. Heard back the next day to set up a one way Skype type interview where you answered the questions that popped up on the screen into your webcam. Two days later, got a notice that I made it through to the 2nd round, which was an actual Skype interview. Later that day, I heard back that I got through to the Final Round on site in Norfolk, Va. They flew me out for an interview. The onsite was three 45 min interviews.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions and questions related to your resume. The different interviewers spoke to different things like strengths/weaknesses, teamwork, and presentation skills. They really walk you through the interview to direct you to answers they want answered. Pleasant experience overall, even without the offer in the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very efficient. Two rounds of behavioral video screenings then accelerated third round to Irvine (on-site) superday with 3 managers. Questions were behavioral all around. Good culture, older people, good team.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

Interview

All behavioral questions. Virtual video interview, live video interview, and then a final interview day in-office that consisted of three separate interviews. They ask questions that align with their core values, so look on their website to get a feel for these.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a time where you had to sell/pitch something very quickly?   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Donna, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Donna, TX).

Interview

Started with a virtual interview, pre-recorded questions then you answer the question while its recording you, then after I had a phone interview lasted about 30 min which was a situation interview... Where they ask you questions about if you were ever in this situation and how you delt with it

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview. First interview was only 10-15 minutes general interest and a behavioral question. Second phone interview was about 45 minutes long and was more in depth. Many questions about my previous job history and if I was eligible for rehire there. About 4 Star type behavioral questions. Then a description of the position. Was not invited to continue on in the process. Interviewer was quite curt and rigid in questions and feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a dissatisfied client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I found the internship online in early September 2016, eventually got around to applying around September 28th (Wed), received an email asking for a first round on the 29th (Thurs), and had the interview on the 30th (Fri). The first round was a strange virtual interview process in which I was asked pre- recorded questions and my responses were recorded and stored to be viewed later. I received a call on the 4th of October (Tue) asking for a second interview. All around a very straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Why Capital Group?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to work with someone that you didn't get along well with and how you made it work.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were in over your head and how you made it work.   Answer Question