Capital Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.1

Retirement Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Terrible. They got back to me through email quick enough but they kept scheduling a date for a phone interview then canceling on me an hour or two before the agreed time. The last day they said I had to reapply be "I missed the interview time frame". So I did, and finally got to have the interview (3 weeks later) through a business website dedicated for job video interviews. The site was bugged and would not let me proceed past question 4. I wrote a email to HR and got in contact with the site's tech support and FINALLY got it to work properly. I informed whom I had been messaging that I was able to resolve the issue and thanked them for their time. You would think that all they put me through they would have took notice of my resolve to fix problems and continue the process, at least take some pity on me. But no, they decided that "we will not be proceeding further with your candidacy for this opening".

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy involving multiple phone and in-office interviews with as many as seven people in one day....and several weeks would go by in between interviews. Capital Group is known for having a drawn-out hiring process. The questions asked were pretty standard but the entire process took months.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and got a response within a week. I then had two phone interviews and one online interview. The first was mostly informational. The second was a combo of informational and things like why do you want this job and such. My online interview had a lot of situational questions. Basically, you want to answer using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a new technology for your job.   Answer Question

Accounting/Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

First interview was a recorded video interview, took no longer than 10 minutes. Easy, behavioral questions. Second interview was over a "skype-like" video chat with an employee from Talent Acquisition. All behavioral questions as well. Next interview was at their actual office. All behavioral questions, three separate interviews (one hour each). Seemed long, but really flew by.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what type of leader you are, tell me about a time you had to use charm to get out of something, tell me about a time you took on a difficult task (etc. all the typical behavioral questions).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview started with a phone interview. The person on the phone was in Ohio. The questions were pretty basic "Describe a time when you helped a angry caller" etc. She told me immediately after the 20 minute interview that she was recommending me for the next level, which was a video interview. She actually gave me advise on what I should wear from the waist up. I found that to be a little patronizing, since I am in my 40's. Video interview went the same, mostly questions based on my experience. The interviewer was in California. This person also told me at the end of the interview I was going to the on-site interview immediately after the interview. On-site there was a group of 6 people. We were given a presentation and allowed to speak with "ambassadors" (people working there who weren't part of the interview process). In person interview was more of a formality. Did not feel that they were actually going to cut me based on the in-person interview. Interviewer was relaxed, I could tell he wasn't really part of HR and didn't really know what he was doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Capital Group? Explain a situation where you went above and beyond to help an angry caller? How will you handle working in a call center where you might not be able to get up and take a break when you want to?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

long and thorough, met with a group of people, one by one. it was an all day (7 hours) interview, they will provide you lunch and water.
    they test you on what you say you know/can do
    thorough but speedy background check process

Interview Questions

• program languages
      describe architecture of system you're working on
      leadership general questions... problem solving etc
      1 Answer

Capital Group Response

Jun 28, 2016 – HR Manager

NOTE: this writeup pertains to another company called "Capital Group, Inc" and is not us. We are "The Capital Group, LLC" an insurance agency located in Bethesda, Maryland with an East coast presence ... More

Private Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

1. I had a 20 minute phone interview with the recruiter. Fairly straightforward, going through my resume in detail and some behavioral questions.

2. Couple days later, got an email for an in-person interview

3. In person interview was fairly straightforward. 3 hr interviews. Each round had a pair of mid-level to upper level managers come in. Most of their questions were behavioral.

In the end, they ended up with an internal hire. Interview process was pretty long and I had to contact the recruiter to get any semblance of updates afterwards.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

A brief phone interview and then a half-day in person session with other candidates. Asked a million typical "tell me about a time when" questions in every possible scenario. People were nice, campus is beautiful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received criticism and improved work performance.   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Very behavioral. No technical questions. Was very prying and vague with questions. Would get asked a lot of opinionated and personal question. The interview seemed to have no real structure it was just a one way discussion with tell me more questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Came into SF office for interview. Met with three people in a small angular conference room. The SF office is one of their satellite offices. I was recommended to the hiring manager here through a recruiter. I didn't have real direct contact with others at the firm.

Interview Questions

• The primary manager had a list of questions like--what is your favorite book, who is someone you admire, how would a close friend describe you, etc. There were about 30 of these questions. Then the usual interview questions.   Answer Question