Capital Group Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Straight forward. Had a recorded questionnaire interview. Then a skype interview with HR, she was just going off of the list. And then an onsite interview at Irvine, CA. The final on site interview was 3 interviewers for 3 hours. All different types of positions. Depends on the interviewers, some had different aspect of what they were asking/looking for. All behavioral questions, unless you peep into a topic of the interviewer's interest, they might asked a bit of technically to see what you really know. The only difficulty was just having questions that followings the same situations, but having to tell a different story every time.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to be innovative?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to work on a project you did not fully understand what should be done (asked the same thing worded in different situations 3 more times).   Answer Question
    • How do you manage stress?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were frustrated with whatever you had to do   Answer Question
    • Why Capital Group? How did you find us? Who do you consider to be our competitor?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you made a mistake on a project?   Answer Question

IT Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I got the first round interview through video recording which comprised of four questions. They ask about why are you interested in a technology career, how do you handle a conflict with your boss, etc I would say the questions are very basic and you could find those on any online career websites. But you have to spend time practicing interview before your laptop.

Investment Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

All behavioral questions. First round video interview--30min long? Interviewer concluded telling me she would like to invite me for a final round, and I got an email with details within the hour.
    Final rounds held at Irvine and LA offices. 3 45min back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince a group you could take on a specific responsibility.
      Strengths and weaknesses?
      Why Investment Operations?
      Describe a time you worked in a group, and members didn't see eye to eye?
      Describe a failure and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter online and heard back next day that I had received a first round. The first round is a virtual one way interview where you record answers to predetermined questions. Submitted first round on Friday and got a phone call Monday telling me that I had made it to the second round. Had a second round video conference interview and got an email 30 minutes later saying I'd made it to final rounds in 2 weeks. Currently have a super day coming up in 10 days

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with a teammate you didn't agree with   Answer Question

Investment Operations Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very efficient. Two rounds of behavioral video screenings then accelerated third round to Irvine (on-site) superday with 3 managers. Questions were behavioral all around. Good culture, older people, good team.

Retirement Plan Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got an email shortly after to schedule a phone screening. The phone screening was very brief, and the interviewer was very personable. I felt like she was interested in my success in the interview process. She described the entire interview process, answered a lot of my questions about the position, and followed up via email to let me know who would be contacted me next and when.

The next phone interview was longer and asked all behavioral questions. She also seemed friendly and interested in my success. She let me know she was moving me forward in the process and that someone would contact me within the next week or so to schedule a video conferencing interview.

Two weeks passed and I did not hear anything. I followed up to see what was going on, but was not given specific details. I was told that there were no more continued interviews being given for the position, and it was suggested I apply for a similar position with the same pay rate (it was not, it was lower) and they would fast track me in the interview process. I was left feeling that I had been forgotten in that first interview process and they were trying to find a way to make it right.

When I finally scheduled the video conferencing interview, it was an administrative assistant (not the interviewer) who emailed me with the information about the interview and video conferencing requirements, the name of the person I would interview with, and the schedule of available interview slots.I was also encouraged to schedule an appointment for a test of my software and hardware with the 3rd party company that provides the video conferencing software.

Upon the time of the video interview, it ended up being another phone interview as the interviewer's webcam was on the fritz. This interviewer did not seem so upbeat , friendly and enthused. Her questions were more behavioral types.When I asked if she had any additional questions for me, needed further clarification, or had any concerns about my ability to succeed in this position, she ignored the question and simply said they would be in touch. Needless to say, I did not move to the face-to-face (and final) position of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at work when you regretted a decision you made.
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a customer who had unreasonable requests.
      Why did you leave your last position?
      What level of pay are you looking for?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2+ weeks with a phone interview, webcam interview (used video but talked through the phone? A bit archaic if you ask me....) and then an in-person interview at their campus. Questions were redundant and all behavioral, which was frustrating coming from 4 different interviewers. They really made it seem like you had it in the bag but then you receive an email on a SATURDAY at 11am from a recruiter you have never talked to/met telling you, you just weren't cut out to work at a call center. Hmmmmmmmm

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a customer give an unreasonable request and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I required multiple onsite interviews over 5 months, longest and most tedious in my career, I came very close to stopping the process. Communication was poor not hearing anything for up to 30 days, the a surprise call "We think you must have thought we forgot about you, Laugh Laugh"
    If I wasn't very serious about the position I would have dropped out sooner.

Interview Questions

• 5 interviewers per day and covered the gamut of past experience and drilled down to the most trivial technical details it was tedious and frustrating for the most part   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and got a response within a week. I then had two phone interviews and one online interview. The first was mostly informational. The second was a combo of informational and things like why do you want this job and such. My online interview had a lot of situational questions. Basically, you want to answer using the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a new technology for your job.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

long and thorough, met with a group of people, one by one. it was an all day (7 hours) interview, they will provide you lunch and water.
    they test you on what you say you know/can do
    thorough but speedy background check process

Interview Questions

• program languages
      describe architecture of system you're working on
      leadership general questions... problem solving etc   1 Answer

Capital Group Response

Jun 28, 2016 – HR Manager

NOTE: this writeup pertains to another company called "Capital Group, Inc" and is not us. We are "The Capital Group, LLC" an insurance agency located in Bethesda, Maryland with an East coast presence... More