Capital Group TAP Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital Group TAP Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital Group

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital Group (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Very behavioral style questions based on resume. No technical knowledge needed. Like to see how you interact and think of the spot to hard questions that are relevant to the individual, e.g. ethical dilemma. Often assessing how you interact with people on an everyday basis

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing about your last job and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
  • (context: on a team) Do you ever had problems in your team? If you could pick one person to kick off, who would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital Group

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

Interesting interview. They seemed more interested in getting to know you and your passions. That said, they do ask about a time you solved a technical problem and why you're interested in this program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Great company with high quality people and an extended time horizon in the market. Interviews have a heavy focus on behavioral and fit questions. Have a strong understanding of why they should want to work side by side with you day in and day out, and why you want to be part of their team so badly. Very long process, with a ton of interviews. Some very friendly, some intentionally aggressive to put you under time and emotional pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Capital? Why TAP? Tell me about a time when you...   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

submit resume and cover letter, then invited to on-campus interview within 2weeks. (there was a reception night before) on-campus interview. 2 interviewers. go through resume (20min) and asks about behavior questions(10min). no technical& current market situation.

Interview Questions

• if you have 25 hours a day, what will you do for an extra hour   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

I enjoyed meeting everyone in the interview process. All the questions are behavioral, and they were really trying to get to know me via my answers. There was no right or wrong, but whether or not I'd be a good cultural fit. It felt like a long therapy session from time to time. Be prepared to really reflect on yourself and your experiences!

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital Group.

Interview

The TAP Associate program really prides itself on picking out people with no finance experience and placing people into really novel programs. I think the interview process itself was very poorly executed though, and reflected really badly on the company. The night before the interview, CG held a reception that was pretty helpful for describing the position. The interview itself was all behavioral questions. At one point during the interview, the interviewer told me that I seemed like a very controlling and cunning person who may not fit well with the goals of the program, which struck me as a very odd question/statement. They didn't get back to me for a few weeks after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews: on-campus, in NY, and in LA. The on-campus interview was 2:1, but some students had 1:1 interviews. After that was a round in NY with various senior associates. Many of the interviewers seemed to just try to scare interviewees for the sake of it, and it turned me off from the program in general. The final round was 2 days in California, meeting almost 20 people. These interviews were rather difficult for me because these interviews took place in the midst of other personal hardships that were going on at home (with less than a week's notice to prepare to travel from school to California), as well as a slew of uncomfortable interviews. As a woman, I was asked some rather probing questions by some of the interviewers that made me uncomfortable and turned me off from wanting to work with those people. However, I did get to spend lunch with current TAP Associates that were lovely people.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really difficult questions, but out-of-the-blue ones that were meant to "throw you off." I was asked what my opinions on homeland security were, which was kind of off-putting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initial interview: 2 phone interviews (1h each) with the managers of the program. mostly behavioral questions. Then second round of interviews in New York with 5 to 6 people. if you make it to third round, you spend two days in each of the offices (LA, and Irvine, CA) where you meet with 5 people each time. I liked meeting with the people there. They seem genuinely interested in you as an individual and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a budget to do a movie, which kind would you do and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable.

Application

Interview

I passed campus interview and NYC second round interviews. I was then invited for the TAP final round interview in LA.
    On campus, the interview was 30 minutes long. It consisted of general and situational interview questions -- and that was same with all TAP interview rounds. They trully want to know you as person and if you'll fit in Capital group. In NYC I interviewd with four people, each interview ranging from 45 min -- 60 minutes. I enjoyed meeting the interviewers -- they seemed like great bosses. In LA had about 13 interviews, enjoyed meeting them. Questions were all about me

Interview Questions

• in 15 seconds, write 10 words that describe/market you for this position   Answer Question

TAP Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Capital Group in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewer asked a lot of behavioral questions, and no case questions. Overall, it was pretty easy-going. The TAP associate program is a 2 year full-time rotational program, which I was not aware of (I thought it was an internship,) but it seems like a great opportunity for those who are not yet sure of what they would like to do in the future.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, and they were all pretty straight-forward.   Answer Question