Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring process for Capital One is extremely selective and takes almost the entire day. In my case, the process lasted over 9 hours. This includes an IQ test, several case studies and an interview to gauge the candidates behavior. While the process was tiring, the interviewers were extremely polite and helpful which to a large extent helped me through it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Took online assessments. Once I had passed, I had 2 phone interviews. Once those were ok, i was called to an onsite interview which was very hard. i had behaviorial interviews and 2 case studies which were very hard. if you have trouble with the case studies you will not get picked.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a team building experience you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Start out taking a few online assesments both verbal and mathematical. They fly you in and put you up in a hotel the night before the interview which consisted of another math test, 2 case interviews, and one behavioral interview. The night before I went to a reception where we had the opportunity to talk to some present analysts about the job. The first case was a credit card comparison case on profits with different credit limits. The interviewer I had for the first case was pretty cold and when I did get the right answer, he challenged my math and made me second guess myself even though in the end he said I was right. I killed the behavioral interview. The second case which was more extensive and difficult but the interviewer was more clear on the case and I answered it very quickly with no problems. Pretty much if you can kill the cases, thats all that really matters. If you don't ace both of them though, its doubtful you will get hired. Seems like an awesome job if you do get the offer though.

Interview Questions

• Profit maximizing problem given three different credit card offers with different response rates, interest rates, default rates, product lifetimes, and average carrying balances.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuation to successfully convince someone to see things your way?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Chennai (India)).

Interview

They had a test to check our speed and accuracy. It focused mainly on simple math and are ability to interpret graphs. The time constraint was the main issue. We had to answer 35 questions in 35 minutes. The interviews were a 4 round process based on credit cards. The first round was a math test. The second and third rounds were case studies and the final interview was a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to do a case study regarding the revenue generated through credit cards. What are the costs, the expenditures and how can the profits be increased   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute case interview on campus. After that I was invited to headquarters in DC for another interview, where I had 3, 1-hour-long case interviews. Then they showed us around the campus area and we had lunch. About 3 days later they let me know I did not get an offer. No one in my group of 6 got offers either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was 2 30 minute case interviews. They were pretty standard. The second round was at headquarters in McLean, VA. You have 4 45 minute interviews, 3 are case studies and 1 is behavioral. You also may have lunch with a current analyst.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

On-campus interview for the first round with two interviewers, both case interviews, then invitation to interview at the D.C. corporate campus for the decision round. 3 case interviews, 1 product interview, and 1 fit interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

First round was a written round. 30 DI questions were given and the time alloted was 35minutes. I could attemp 26 questions out of which 25 were correct (which I came to know during my interview).
    According to me the cutoff was around 19-20. This was an elimination round.
    Second Round was a case study round. It was more of a one on one discussion. I was given a case on rural lending.
    Third Round was also a case study round. Here also they gave me a case on credit card industry. It was mainly about transactors and revolvers. How much should transactors spend so that the profit to the company is same as that of revolvers.
    Fourth round was also a case study round. Here I was given a case on Marketing of a Credit Card through Normal Post or Courier. I was given some numbers and was asked to calculate which would be more beneficial depending on the case.
    Last round was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something where you had to learn something on your own?
      Tell me a situation where you faced a member conflict in your team?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Technical test (30 questions in 35 minutes) : Graphs were provided and all the questions were based on the graphs using basic concepts of economics like Profit, interest, shares, dividends, inflation etc.

2. 3 Case Interviews: Each of half an hour. The first one was relatively simple. Second was the most rigorous one. The video posted on official Capital One Youtube channel regarding how to prepare for Case Interviews will help a lot. Questions were pretty general. At first we needed to identify the proper factors affecting the case in question. Then some quantitative and a few qualitative analysis questions followed.

Interview Questions

• The Technical Test required lot of speed. I could attempt 27/30 and that was very much on the higher side. 20 was above average. So speed helps. For those with little lesser marks, Resume was used to shortlist.

Non Technical Questions: I was asked why i wanted to join Capital One. Thats it!
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Internship: No negotations

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Interview

Need to pass test then go through case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Business case on utility companies given via teleconference.   1 Answer