Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Great process where Cap1 brings you into the McLean office for a half-day of interviews followed up by lunch and a tour. There will be three separate interviews of which two will be a case interview and the other will be a product interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews after online Reading Comprehension and Analytical ability test. More to come. It was pretty easy and friendly. Process seems very streamlined. But there seems to be many levels before final decision is made.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Chennai (India)).

Interview

They had a test to check our speed and accuracy. It focused mainly on simple math and are ability to interpret graphs. The time constraint was the main issue. We had to answer 35 questions in 35 minutes. The interviews were a 4 round process based on credit cards. The first round was a math test. The second and third rounds were case studies and the final interview was a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to do a case study regarding the revenue generated through credit cards. What are the costs, the expenditures and how can the profits be increased   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Selection was carried out by a data interpretation test and then a series of case study rounds. The data interpretation test included basic questions to be answered by looking at the graphs, simple calculation, logic, etc. There were 3 case study rounds and then an HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute case interview on campus. After that I was invited to headquarters in DC for another interview, where I had 3, 1-hour-long case interviews. Then they showed us around the campus area and we had lunch. About 3 days later they let me know I did not get an offer. No one in my group of 6 got offers either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round was 2 30 minute case interviews. They were pretty standard. The second round was at headquarters in McLean, VA. You have 4 45 minute interviews, 3 are case studies and 1 is behavioral. You also may have lunch with a current analyst.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

On-campus interview for the first round with two interviewers, both case interviews, then invitation to interview at the D.C. corporate campus for the decision round. 3 case interviews, 1 product interview, and 1 fit interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

First round was a written round. 30 DI questions were given and the time alloted was 35minutes. I could attemp 26 questions out of which 25 were correct (which I came to know during my interview).
    According to me the cutoff was around 19-20. This was an elimination round.
    Second Round was a case study round. It was more of a one on one discussion. I was given a case on rural lending.
    Third Round was also a case study round. Here also they gave me a case on credit card industry. It was mainly about transactors and revolvers. How much should transactors spend so that the profit to the company is same as that of revolvers.
    Fourth round was also a case study round. Here I was given a case on Marketing of a Credit Card through Normal Post or Courier. I was given some numbers and was asked to calculate which would be more beneficial depending on the case.
    Last round was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something where you had to learn something on your own?
      Tell me a situation where you faced a member conflict in your team?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Technical test : 35 min 30 questions : DI questions basically, mostly graph based,easy but time limit have to be very fast
    Case interview : simple break even analysis : focus on details and calculation
    Final behavioral interview : some basic HR questions

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, it was vey good interview, interviewer was very good.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Technical test (30 questions in 35 minutes) : Graphs were provided and all the questions were based on the graphs using basic concepts of economics like Profit, interest, shares, dividends, inflation etc.

2. 3 Case Interviews: Each of half an hour. The first one was relatively simple. Second was the most rigorous one. The video posted on official Capital One Youtube channel regarding how to prepare for Case Interviews will help a lot. Questions were pretty general. At first we needed to identify the proper factors affecting the case in question. Then some quantitative and a few qualitative analysis questions followed.

Interview Questions

• The Technical Test required lot of speed. I could attempt 27/30 and that was very much on the higher side. 20 was above average. So speed helps. For those with little lesser marks, Resume was used to shortlist.

Non Technical Questions: I was asked why i wanted to join Capital One. Thats it!
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Internship: No negotations