Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.4

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Interview

Need to pass test then go through case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Business case on utility companies given via teleconference.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

Step 1: Computer test on problem solving abilities
    Step 2: Phone interview on typical resume questions and career goals
    Step 3: On-site interview which contains two case interviews and two behavior interviews

Interview Questions

• Use an example to illustrate your ability to influence others   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

Standard personality assesment as well as a reading comprehension/reasoning test and a numerical reasoning test. The numerical reasoning test was the most challenging. I was advised to "study" prior to taking them (all on line and at my convenience). I recommend looking at thier website as they have several resources to prepare you for the exams.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

online math and logic test --> phone interview by HR --> online behavior screening --> onsite interview.

Onsite interview has 2 sessions: case interview and behavior interview.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to be very quick at the 1st online match and logic test. There are too many questions. Don't linger on any question for too long.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in September 2007.

Interview

There are both cases and behavioral interviews. The cases are quantitative, but not too difficult.
    The behavioral is standard. They will interview you at one of their HQs and fly you in beforehand. You will be interviewed by actual business professionals and not HR

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2007.

Interview

The personality test was a joke. I had to take it online but it wasn't compatible with my web browser. The basic math test asked me about things that I studied in high school and certainly hadn't thought about in years. The office interview was boring, but maybe that was because they were as bored with me as I was with them. It seemed as though there wasn't a lot of life in the building. It was mostly a case interview.

Interview Questions

• I was given a chart with questions that I needed to interpret.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Chennai (India)).

Interview

They had a test to check our speed and accuracy. It focused mainly on simple math and are ability to interpret graphs. The time constraint was the main issue. We had to answer 35 questions in 35 minutes. The interviews were a 4 round process based on credit cards. The first round was a math test. The second and third rounds were case studies and the final interview was a HR interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to do a case study regarding the revenue generated through credit cards. What are the costs, the expenditures and how can the profits be increased   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Selection was carried out by a data interpretation test and then a series of case study rounds. The data interpretation test included basic questions to be answered by looking at the graphs, simple calculation, logic, etc. There were 3 case study rounds and then an HR round.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

First round was a written round. 30 DI questions were given and the time alloted was 35minutes. I could attemp 26 questions out of which 25 were correct (which I came to know during my interview).
    According to me the cutoff was around 19-20. This was an elimination round.
    Second Round was a case study round. It was more of a one on one discussion. I was given a case on rural lending.
    Third Round was also a case study round. Here also they gave me a case on credit card industry. It was mainly about transactors and revolvers. How much should transactors spend so that the profit to the company is same as that of revolvers.
    Fourth round was also a case study round. Here I was given a case on Marketing of a Credit Card through Normal Post or Courier. I was given some numbers and was asked to calculate which would be more beneficial depending on the case.
    Last round was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something where you had to learn something on your own?
      Tell me a situation where you faced a member conflict in your team?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Technical test : 35 min 30 questions : DI questions basically, mostly graph based,easy but time limit have to be very fast
    Case interview : simple break even analysis : focus on details and calculation
    Final behavioral interview : some basic HR questions

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, it was vey good interview, interviewer was very good.   Answer Question