Capital One Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2016

3.4

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted the online application and within a few weeks, received an email to complete the one-way interview. Completed and submitted the interview and waited a few more weeks with no reply. Did not find our that I would not be considered until logging into the careers site. I think that it would benefit the HR Department to improve their processes of keeping people abreast of their status.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

PMDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a great time with my recruiter. It was basically a 45 minute conversation about past leadership skills and qualifications. I dressed casually and the recruiter was in business casual.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for the Project Management development program?   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy and needs to be streamlined. It would be better if it actually catered to the job category(don't ask sales questions to candidates who are not performing sales. Ask pertinent questions related to the job in which the candidate is applying .) I lost confidence in getting the position because the hiring manager kept referring to the internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was led to believe that the hiring manager would ask me questions. but instead she wanted me to ask her questions. Most of my questions were answered by the recruiter or the info was on their website. I have been in my field for many years. I know what to expect as far as competencies.   Answer Question

Production Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

First phone screen was with the recruiter. Then a phone screen with the human resources manager of the company and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next interview was with the technical staff on the team. And a final interview with the director of the group which I did not make it to.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work experience specifically experience with supporting financial applications in a distributed environment.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

first phone call, 30 minutes, then a coding quiz, then next. The total is 4 rounds. The coding quiz include coin change, machine learning, NLP problems, and logistic problems related to python or R.
    The recruiter is very nice, but the test is not easy to pass.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and had an on campus case interview. The recruiter was very helpful with sending out emails with helpful information on how to prepare for the interview and what to expect. For the second interview Capital One pays for a hotel for you the night before and reimburses you for gas mileage and food.

Interview Questions

• Had to make a decision for the company if they should make a loan to McDonalds based on a bunch of numbers and facts you had to calculate break even.   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter, had a nice discussion about the role and then she explained the hiring process, the next step was a series of exams that I had to complete within the week. They were tough, but I made it to the next round, which was a conversation with the hiring manager. After a great conversation with the hiring manager there was discussion about coming in for an in-person interview, however several days later the recruiter followed up and said the position had already been filled. A couple months later another position opened up, I had a great initial conversation with the recruiter, a great conversation with the hiring manager and then the recruiter followed up to schedule some time for an in-person interview. She was going to get back to me with a day and schedule and I never heard back. I followed up several times, but ultimately was ghosted.

Interview Questions

• There were several math and logic questions on the exams.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an extensive online interview, including general questions, situational response questions, and even a portion which tested my ability to count out sums of money quickly. This was followed up by phone, and then in person at the branch. The branch manager was nice and professional, but the interview was essentially her just explaining the position in greater depth than the website had, as they had already chosen to make an offer based on the online portion.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Capital One?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very informal, despite a few questions read from a very HR-sounding document. I met with three people. I wore a suit, but now I know that was definitely not required given the laid-back, startup-like atmosphere. I had two or three phone screenings prior to the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• There are 100 people standing near the beginning of a row of 100 closed doors. The first person goes down the row and opens every door. The second person closes every 2nd door. The third person changes the state of every 3rd door, and so on. Write a routine to find the state of door X after person Y passes by.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a first round on campus interview with two employees. It was a two part interview. The first were typical behavioral questions. The second part was a case question that had a lot of basic math in it as well as a test on how you think strategically. Overall, it was a very good experience and the people who interviewed me were very intelligent individuals.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question: "Tell me about a time you had a problem with a group member on a project and how did you overcome it"
      Case Question: It was solving a math problem with some variables and then providing solutions to where capital one should place ATMs.
      Answer Question