Capital One Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Phone call, video call with case interview, on site interview with case interviews. The on-site interview/superday consisted of a 3-4 case interviews with various members of management/senior analysts. Overall, not too bad or strenuous.

Interview Questions

• Basic case interview questions, e.g. you are presented with a profitability/marketing case and asked what to do and explore all options.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in September 2019.

Interview

I attended the Capital One week long summit event, learning a bunch of new software and services. Following this, I was given an opportunity for an interview for the internship position. There were 3 separate interviews all 45 minutes long, a behavioral, a case interview, and a technical interview. For the behavioral its best to just follow the STAR model as they ask similar questions to that, focusing on past projects and technical situations. The case interview was a sample case at a company involving a snippet of code that needs to be updated. The technical involved classic leetcode questions, all easy-medium difficulty as well as a design question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to take the leadership role on a project.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

The recruiter showed no interest in what I was saying. All she was saying after my response was okay and okay over and over. After hearing her voice I didn't even want to work there anymore.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the new technologies that you feel passionate about?   Answer Question

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then face to face interviews with four/ five different directors / deputy at seperate times. Plan a day for the process because you will have a lunch break and then asked to return for more interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through College website. Got selected for an on-campus interview a few weeks later. It was a 30 minutes behavioral interview with the hiring manager. Depending on your recruiter they also give you sample behavioral questions and tips (STAR method) to help you prepare for the interview.

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had applied through an employee referral program. I had a call with a Talent Engagement and Development lead for experience design. After which she connected me with her colleague who was a Talent Acquisition lead for experience design. All of my interview requests were scheduled through the talent accquistion lead.

I had extensive 1 hour to 1 1/2 conversations with almost 5 directors of various teams and two managers and 1 designer. This was scheduled and done over video and phone calls. I have heard a lot about the culture at Capital One. But I had to experience it first hand to know it. To the say the least, after spending 5 months of interviewing, 50 emails exchanged, the Talent lead went Silent. It's absolutely unprofessional to ghost on a candidate you strung along for 5 months. After a serious of follow up, I gave up. Because - NOT worth my time. The least they could have said is "we have a hiring freeze" or "We've decided to move another direction" Till date I haven't received anything from Capital One's side. And it's been over several months.

Talent Lead needs to have the responsibility of being as transparent as possible. It is just as stressful for the candidate as it is for everyone. Not sure how the experience design teams practices "empathy" and "users are number one person while building products" or "Human centered design approach" when you can't even get your hiring process streamlined. Goes to show, that it's a extremely broken system. When a candidate has put in so much time and energy in preparing for the interviews, case studies, and presentations I would expect at least a courtesy email.

I was actually pretty excited about being a part of the Cafe and commercial card team. But in the future, if an opportunity ever approaches I will be reluctant to consider Capital One. Lesson learned.

Interview Questions

• Lots of portfolio questions.
      Methodology and approach to solving design problems
      Previous experience buisness format and structure   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Critical thinking questions along with asking technical question. Most of the interview revolved around team building questions and self motivated questions. My assessment is they're looking for somebody that's opened minded and is willing to grow with the position.

Interview Questions

• Irritated user how would you react in that situation?   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted the online application and within a few weeks, received an email to complete the one-way interview. Completed and submitted the interview and waited a few more weeks with no reply. Did not find our that I would not be considered until logging into the careers site. I think that it would benefit the HR Department to improve their processes of keeping people abreast of their status.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

PMDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a great time with my recruiter. It was basically a 45 minute conversation about past leadership skills and qualifications. I dressed casually and the recruiter was in business casual.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for the Project Management development program?   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy and needs to be streamlined. It would be better if it actually catered to the job category(don't ask sales questions to candidates who are not performing sales. Ask pertinent questions related to the job in which the candidate is applying .) I lost confidence in getting the position because the hiring manager kept referring to the internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was led to believe that the hiring manager would ask me questions. but instead she wanted me to ask her questions. Most of my questions were answered by the recruiter or the info was on their website. I have been in my field for many years. I know what to expect as far as competencies.   Answer Question