Capital One Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the job site and was called by a recruiter the following day to set up a 30 min chat. After the chat I took the IQ and Personality test (I'd highly recommend reviewing the review-material they send you!!). Once I found out I passed the tests I spoke directly with the Sr. Director (who I'd be reporting to). We had another 30 min chat, then I was brought in for the "Power Day" of interviews (which ended up being about 2.5 weeks after the original phone call with the recruiter). The power day consisted of 2 1:1 interviews with a bunch of "tell me about a time when..." questions, and then a "Job Fit" interview. All were 45 mins (with 1 45 min break). I was called a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement a new process? Be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you recover?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but do your research, they seem to be VERY fair employers.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The entire Capital One recruiting team was great, very responsive to e-mails and answering any and all questions. First interview was on campus which just consisted of a short door greeting followed by a standard behavioral interview. Followed up very quickly by offering a second interview on their campus. This second interview took place over the course of an afternoon, which included a guided tour, lunch and a room for each candidate which posed as your home base so to speak for the three interviews that followed. This included a behavioral, job-fit and case study interview. The interviewers themselves were some of the best I have ever had-all very down to earth and responsive to normal dialogue rather than strictly reading from their prompt.

Interview Questions

• The case study was by design the hardest question, but not anything that you have not seen in any class prior.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call interview about 1 week after filling out the application. First interview was a phone interview. The second interview was in the office. Tohe interview had three behavioral segments and one case study.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview process is fair and easy if you are prepared, a SOAR questions is always on the list of questions asked during the interview, they also do video conference interviews for remote applicants

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2018.

Interview

I had four interviews altogether. A phone interview with a recruiter, goes over my resume and job experiences. A face to face with senior associate, goes over detail what the job entails. A phone interview with a manager, asked a few usual job interview questions and another phone interview with a director, asked about 5 questions interview questions. The process was fairy easy and everyone made me feel at ease.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Resume drop and on campus interview, then second round with multiple cases on site, including behavioral interview, was notified over the phone that I was accepted and I took the offer. The interviews were overall interesting and the people were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There was a standard case interview on evaluating sales performances of retail branches   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

first round consisted of 2 half hour back-to-back case interviews. they were very quick to respond with interview results. they emailed us on the same evening to let us know whether we made it to the second round or not. overall smooth recruitment process. current associates were great, very sociable

Interview Questions

• First round cases were very quantitative. Both included a breakeven analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy -- a total of three months. I applied the first week of October and didn't hear back for four weeks from the recruiter asking for a phone interview. Post phone interview -- which was more of the recruiter speaking about Capital One, than you speaking about yourself -- I was sent two hour verbal and math assessment. The following week, she let me know that I had passed the assessment. That same week the hiring manager reached out to schedule a job fit phone interview for the following week. During that interview, I was asked basic questions about how I work in teams, how I learn new information, etc. Two weeks later, the recruiter reached out to invite me to a final stage interview at the Richmond office for the following week.

My in-person interview consisted of three back-to-back interviews -- two behavioral (STAR method) and one job fit. Up until this point, I would say that the Capital One hiring process was great, albeit a bit slow. However, the in-person left a lot to be desired. I think I was one of the last people to be interviewed during the day and it was clear that my interviewers were in a bad mood. My first interviewer openly remarked that he was happy that his last interview of the day was here and that he couldn't wait to get it over with. He was fine during the actual interview -- but it was rather impersonal and consisted of him firing off behavioral question after behavioral question. I felt that he didn't get to know me or vice versa. The final interviewer also seemed to be drained from a day of interviewing and ready to get my interview over with. When my interview concluded, she immediately left without shaking my hand or walking me to the reception desk.

It was clear that the interviewers were smart people but Capital One should really train their interviewers on proper etiquette -- in the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal but I'd expect to be treated a bit better or with more consideration. Totally understand being tired after a day of interviewing but you should still try to put your, and the company's, best foot forward.

Interview Questions

• All STAR questions i.e. tell me about a time when you had to choose between options; tell me about a time when you convinced people of something   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral. The first stage consisted of a one on one with a manager. It was a technical fit interview where lots of questions were asked on my CV and about the banking industry and Capital One in general. The second one was a case interview where I was given an analytical case and asked to solve it. Two senior managers took my case interview. The third one was an analytical test. GMAT types questions. The fourth one was a behavioral competency interview which was taken by a very senior chap in the office.

Interview Questions

• What are the latest trends in the banking industry? Where do you think Capital One is heading? What are your personal opinions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much scope to negotiate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)).

Interview

Short list from Resumes : Yes
    Shortlisting criteria : Academic and Extra curricular excellence
    Second round: A simple and short case study
    Last and Final round: Case interview

Interview Questions

• How to resolve credit card fraud? Is outsourcing a good idea?   Answer Question