Capital One Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Associate Interview Questions

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview process is fair and easy if you are prepared, a SOAR questions is always on the list of questions asked during the interview, they also do video conference interviews for remote applicants

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call interview about 1 week after filling out the application. First interview was a phone interview. The second interview was in the office. Tohe interview had three behavioral segments and one case study.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The entire Capital One recruiting team was great, very responsive to e-mails and answering any and all questions. First interview was on campus which just consisted of a short door greeting followed by a standard behavioral interview. Followed up very quickly by offering a second interview on their campus. This second interview took place over the course of an afternoon, which included a guided tour, lunch and a room for each candidate which posed as your home base so to speak for the three interviews that followed. This included a behavioral, job-fit and case study interview. The interviewers themselves were some of the best I have ever had-all very down to earth and responsive to normal dialogue rather than strictly reading from their prompt.

Interview Questions

• The case study was by design the hardest question, but not anything that you have not seen in any class prior.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the job site and was called by a recruiter the following day to set up a 30 min chat. After the chat I took the IQ and Personality test (I'd highly recommend reviewing the review-material they send you!!). Once I found out I passed the tests I spoke directly with the Sr. Director (who I'd be reporting to). We had another 30 min chat, then I was brought in for the "Power Day" of interviews (which ended up being about 2.5 weeks after the original phone call with the recruiter). The power day consisted of 2 1:1 interviews with a bunch of "tell me about a time when..." questions, and then a "Job Fit" interview. All were 45 mins (with 1 45 min break). I was called a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement a new process? Be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you recover?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but do your research, they seem to be VERY fair employers.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

3 rounds of case study. Simple business cases but primarily focussed on the quantitative aspect of the case.Should be comfortable with numbers.3 rounds of case study. Simple business cases but primarily focussed on the quantitative aspect of the cas3 rounds of case study. Simple business cases but primarily focussed on the quantitative aspect of the case.Should be comfortable with numbers.e.Should be comfortable with numbers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

the test was on Data interpretation related to performance of a company. 30 questions in 35 min. calculating and comparing data , profit and loss , inflation , stocks were some of the questions

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was divided mainly into 3 parts :

1. Resume Shortlisting (Based on GPA)
    2. Data Interpretation Test
    3. Three Case Interviews

The test was quite lengthy for its allotted time i.e 30 mins. The basic motive was to check the accuracy and the speed of the candidate.
    Then followed the interviews for shortlisted candidates. The interviews are not framework based, you just need to follow what interviewer ask you to do

Interview Questions

• The cases given were quite numerical rather than typical framework driven cases.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Campus Placement :
    1. There was a test on Data Interpretation. 30 questions in 35 mins. I answered 27.
    2. Interview: There were three rounds-2 case interviews and one behavioral. One case was on credit cards and whether to introduce payback or not. Another one is use of postal service by Capital One. It is related to US postal service and Courier with certain constraints. In behavioral interview, the interviewer asked three situations to which you have to narrate a life experience.

Interview Questions

• Postal service case was a bit difficult but interviewer guides you nicely.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is fixed beforehand since it is campus placement.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Kharagpur, West Bengal (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

A written test of 30 Data Interpretation Questions in 35 minutes. High score is required to clear it. This is followed by 2-3 Case interviews and a Behavioral interview as clearly mentioned on the company's website. The interviewers seemed like cool people which gave a good impression about the company. The Case interviews are mostly numerical based and are pretty easy. Its important for you to be calm during the interviews and avoid calculations mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Marketing Campaign for improving profitability from credit cards.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One in December 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of Case based interviews followed by an HR interview. 1 mini case followed by 2 main cases. Cases were related to finding the break even points or related to credit card industry.