Capital One Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.8

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via the web. Got a response fairly quickly. I was asked to come for an on-site interview, which consisted of three parts. After the interview, they let you know fairly soon whether you have successfully passed or not.

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX).

Interview

I came in through a referral and from a target school (Berkeley) of Capital One's TDP Program. As a result, I was expedited to a final round interview and flown to Texas for a full day. The interview consisted of 3 parts - behavioral, case question, and technical. The technical question was extremely easy to solve as compared to other Bay Area tech company interviews, and it seems like they deemphasized technical prowess in favor of job fit and overall team-working ability. However every other aspect of the interview went smoothly, the recruiter was communicative and no obstacles with the process itself.

Interview Questions

• Given list of classes for 1 person, design an algorithm to return the optimal schedule.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career assistance center. Basic business case. Had to do some math and walk the interviewer through every step of the process. Very similar to the sample case they offer on their website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university, got an interview. I then showed up for the interview. I then had the interview. I then finished the interview. The interview ended. It was all done after that. The interview was completely over with finally. After that, I went home. I made myself a grilled cheese. I ate the grilled cheese. It was good. It was better than the interview was for sure.

Interview Questions

• What the break-even would be for Netflix given how much they make per user, cost per user, and management costs   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It went smooth, as could be. They asked few questions based on statistics etc and case study. The phone call screening was scheduled just a day before, so not much time but thats ok. Prepared from glassdor and it was helpful. Glassdoor has good collection of questions which proved to be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• mean and standard deviation   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

LONG. I think there was a phone interview first, then an online video interview where you film yourself (takes about an hour and a half), then an in-person interview with one interviewer, then a second in-person interview with two interviewers. The final interview was intense. The main guy was pretty rude and even did the "sell me this pencil" thing.

Interview Questions

• Why Capital One? What kind of sales experience do you have? Tell me about a time you changed a customer's mind. Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a case interview. Not very hard. I had positive because I learned a lot. After interview they did not made me wait too long after 1 week they told their decision. They were very professional. I was not expecting such a good experience.

Interview Questions

• It was a case about how to increase profit and what factors we need to consider prior to opening a business. There were some calculation problems. It was ok.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through engineering career portal and was scheduled for a 30 minute interview at the engineering career center. The interview was a simple case study. Next round was onsite in Dallas/Fort Worth area. Half day interview with 3 more detailed case studies and 1 behavioral interview. Had lunch with some employees at the onsite cafeteria.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I start from campus interview. We are first required to set up personal profile from their website as well as our campus career website. After the prescreen is passed, we were contacted by email with confirmation of interview time and additional interview materials, which are basically the questions we can find from their website.
    During the interview, two ladies are there. One asked questions, the other seemed to be a recorder or an observer. She first framed the business background, which is a satellite radio company in 2002, who wanted to start the business as a subscription base to the users. I was asked what's the point to make it profitable, do some simple calculations on whether it is profitable, and if the lifetime subscription could be profitable over it.

Interview Questions

• Is the lifetime promotion could be profitable over the conventional subscription?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX).

Interview

Case interview. First time doing it. The recruiter waited for me to finish. But he eventually helped me solve the problem.