Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I received an automated message stating that the bank wanted to interview me. They asked me what my last three jobs were, if I had sales experience, and I forgot the first question. It might have been something along the lines of tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with HR personnel. I had interviewed with citi and Boa just before and it went bad so i was determine not to let this one escape me. Typical questions: Why Capital One? A few situational questions and about school and my career goals. Second interview in branch with BM, ABM and other employees who each had a turn to ask me a few questions. Last and final inter was with the Teller Manager who came back from vacation the following week. Standard customer service and sales questions,

Interview Questions

• Why Capital One?   Answer Question
    • I worked in a department store before so the manager ask me to see her a department store card.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about team and can contribute to a team effort   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were short 10.50 and when i went to training i heard newly hired employees were getting 14.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Filled out application online. Took a series of test. I got a call back withing 3-5 days. Today I actually had the phone interview, Interviewer asked me a series of questions. Why are you interested? What do you know about the company? Why should we choose you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Part of being a banker is selling the customer products, how comfortable are you pitching sales and tell me a time where you had to offer a product? Those were all the questions she asked me. I hope that this can be of assistance to you.
    I am praying that I get this Job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied for the teller position of the company's website. I was contacted later by a HR rep who scheduled a phone interview. After the phone screen, I was contacted by them again stating that I should go to the Branch to meet with the Branch Manager. I had an interview on the premises - which lasted about 45 minutes. I received an offer two hours later - which to me was very surprising because I thought I bombed the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Huntington, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The initial communication was rather slow, it was the standard walk in & fill out an application. This could have been do to inefficiency or sheer volume of applicants. The interview was very basic, it involved a "teller test", which just tested basic math (arithmetic) and general compliance. The questions themselves were almost entirely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the situation of a difficult or irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

I received an email requesting an interview. They asked the typical interviewing questions (What made you apply with us?, What are you're strengths and weaknesses? Why should we hire you?). It took about a week for me to hear back from the company and when they did call back we discussed starting pay, training schedule, and start day.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

I applied online, and after one month I received a phone call. They scheduled an interview for the following day. Interview questions were about my education and previous work experience. They told me they would call me within one week, but they actually called the very same day and sent me a job offer. That was fast, but but background screening took longer because of the holidays. It was a Christmas time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your work experience. Do you have a cash-handling experience?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Interview

Fill out online application , get invited to do a test, after you will get a recruiters call who will give you a phone interview and if you pass that interview you will invited to one of the branches to get interview by two managers if everything goes great .. will get a job offer !!!

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult if you really review that company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Bethesda, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

You apply, do some online exercises and if that goes well you are contacted by a recruiter who will let you know of all the possible positions available near you. they put your offer into the banks you chose , then you're contacted by the manager and if they deem you a good fit they will offer you the position

Interview Questions

• most of the question are pretty generic but i would say to relax and try to let you're personality shine a litle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Had several calls with HR prepping for the initial interviewing.. Interviewing process started off with meeting one of the branch managers just for a one on one to get a feel of who you were and your experience. The next step was to meet two of the branch managers from the surrounding area you had applied for, not necessarily the branch that you put the application in. Pretty much asked the same questions the first manager asked and then sent you on your way. Got a phone call from HR with results.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard with most companies but the question was what was my biggest strength and weaknesses. Its only difficult since obviously you want to sound competent and assured of yourself yet you don't want to sound too full of yourself at the same time.   Answer Question