Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process took a month. After applying , i had an online assesment and a one way video interview.After a week HR called and set up for a face to face interview which goes well. Waiting for the results.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

A couple on online assessments then two different face to face interviews. The assessments online seemed to have a lot of the same questions. Also you would interview with HR then the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience we you had to calm down a bad situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dulles, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online, and taking an assessment, I got an email to take a Hire Vue webcam interview. 2 weeks later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview at the branch, a week later I was notified I got the job. Overall pretty easy and straightforward, as long as you give it all you got.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer was mad. What was the problem, what did you do to solve it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long (30+) days. I did a video interview and recently received a call to schedule for face to face interview. So far the questions process was straight forward and fair.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

The initial interview was a virtual one. You use your electronic device to record yourself answering the questions displayed. If the like your interview. They will call you for a face to face interview. They will ask different questions from the ones on your virtual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I passed the online assessment test with capital one bank and after which, went through the digital interview today. I don't know the decision yet. But I believe I tried my best to highlight my skills and past experience are best fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• Share your past experiences where you performed multitasking.   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Process was long. Took online assessment then video interview. Passed them to go into face to face interview. Was then called with a job offer and to set up background check and finger printing.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online and got a response through email a week after with a link to do a one way video interview. There was a total of 16 questions. Some were in video form and others writing. Got a call two days after from someone in hr. Very nice person went into details about the next interview with two other managers and what to expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thibodaux, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Thibodaux, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

2016: Teller, Lafourche Parish, Louisiana
    2/3--applied. faulty website
    2/9--after several emails to careers@capitalone.com, a recruiter finally called and basically 'fussed' me for emailing so often. i sent several emails because the website was not working properly. during that phone call, she said she would send me an email with the next steps. at this point, they reviewed my resume' and qualifications and indicated 'they like what they see'. did the hirevue interview the same day. phone call with recruiter indicated i would know something by the following week.
    2/16--website never updated. still showed 'teller' position as a 'pending draft'. technical issues were never resolved.
    2/24--finally received call/email with instructions for a face-to-face interview. interviewed with floating branch manager.
    2/26--face to face interview with floating branch manager and branch manager. branch manager sat to the side. floating branch manager/recruiter asked all the questions. interview was rushed. asked questions and cut me off while answering. answers given were thorough, concise, but not long winded. confident. wore a business suit. had all required/preferred experiences. interview went very well. at the end of the interview, was told they would make a decision by the end of the day and the original recruiter would contact me either 2/29 or 3/1. while walking out of the branch, the next interviewee passed me--she was skinny, blonde, unkempt and unprofessional looking. bet the guy hired her, though.
    3/1--at 4pm, after not hearing anything via phone or email, i called the original recruiter and asked if there were any updates or if i was to still patiently wait. recruiter informed me a decision was made but she 'hasn't had time to call' regarding decision. she said she needed to "search for the email." she told me they had nothing negative to say, but decided "not to move forward" at this time but my "application would be kept on file."

Interview Questions

• basic questions. acted like they were offering me the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application process was easy. Assessment was lengthy and involved, just stay focused and answer questions honestly. Don't overthink the reason for questions. Next step was a one way video interview with set questions. It was unnerving at first not speaking to an actual person so I just focused on answering question concisely.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in a position that was so different from previous positions.   1 Answer