Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.6

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Annapolis, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial application was submitted, online assessment then requested and completed, followed by an online interview, with virtual interview questions. A computer with specific operating system and flash was required. The whole process took about three weeks. I am still waiting to hear whether they will be offering me a position or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your two to three year goals and how can Capital One assist you in them?   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and then I got an email a few days later to do the video interview. That next week I got another email about doing a face to face interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The hiring process took about two weeks. After I applied I was contacted to complete an online assessment. The assessment was pretty easy, just behavioral questions like: what would you do/what have you done in XYZ situation and how important/unimportant is XYZ to you. Some questions were very similar, I assume to see if you were lying about your behavior. There was also a portion where you had to count a certain amount money(ex. $212.78 or $473.89) out of a drawer. They give five minutes to do as many as possible. I did either 15 or 20. The assessment took me well over an hour.

After that I went forward to the video interview phase. They give 48 hrs to complete this step. It was about 10 video questions and then 6 written questions. They gave 3 minutes to prepare and then 3 minutes to answer. I suggest practicing on the test page to make sure your lighting is good, your volume is audible and that your background is clear. Once you go to the actual interview page you will not be given a chance to re-record your answer! You also probably won't be able to view it due to lag time.

Next I was called by the HR department and scheduled an interview time. At the interview the manager asked me basically the same questions as the video interview. I don't think she saw my video. She also took a lot of notes while I was speaking. She told me I would hear by the end of the week but HR called me the next day with an offer. I didn't sense that there was any room for negotiation but I was happy with their offer.

If customer service is an issue for you I'd suggest another job because that is their main focus. Most of the questions were about customers and they seem like a customer is always right type of company. Technology is the other big thing here.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Capital One?   Answer Question
    • What is good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Talk about how you deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with having to explain a policy change to customers?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team? How did you deal with a coworker you didn't get along with (I'd suggest being honest and not pretending like you always get along with everyone)?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about technology? Do you like learning new things?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had a creative idea at work? How did you implement your idea?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about making sales?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a group? How do you feel about coworkers bringing new ideas to the team?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Do you have anything else that you think we should know?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Monroe, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

Really nice recruiting process. First you fill out your application then someone emails you asking to complete the assessment and evaluation. After that a recruiter will get in touch with you to request that you do a video interview, based on how well you do on that they will set up a face to face interview

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2017.

Interview

After filling out the application I had to complete an assessment. About 3 days later I got an email saying that I had a one way video interview. It was very different from a face to face. The interview went well and the next business day I got a call from a recruiter. She set up a face to face interview with the branch manager. I went in for my interview and it took about 40 minutes. Two days later I got a call from the same recruiter telling me I got the job. Now I just have to get a background check and fingerprinting done.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It took approximately 1 month for the hiring process to be done. I went through 2 interviews (virtual and face-to-face). It was 2 weeks apart between these interview. I got the acceptance letter the day after my interview with branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process took a month. After applying , i had an online assesment and a one way video interview.After a week HR called and set up for a face to face interview which goes well. Waiting for the results.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

A couple on online assessments then two different face to face interviews. The assessments online seemed to have a lot of the same questions. Also you would interview with HR then the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience we you had to calm down a bad situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dulles, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online, and taking an assessment, I got an email to take a Hire Vue webcam interview. 2 weeks later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview at the branch, a week later I was notified I got the job. Overall pretty easy and straightforward, as long as you give it all you got.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where a customer was mad. What was the problem, what did you do to solve it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long (30+) days. I did a video interview and recently received a call to schedule for face to face interview. So far the questions process was straight forward and fair.