Capital One Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions

3.1

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview

Capital One has a great interviewing process. Cases are very quantitative, and behavioral interviews are typical. Everyone you meet will be genuinely excited to have you there.

Interview Questions

• Cases are very quantitative, so keep in that mindset as you go through   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was a campus first round interview, which was pretty simple, followed by an on-campus interview session. In the 2nd round, they gave us 2 case studies and 1 behavioral interview. Behavioral was pretty straightforward, but the case studies were much more math-intensive. They called me about half a week afterwards to tell me that I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• More so than a difficult question, was the manner in which a question was asked. The question in the second round was tough, but one of the interviewers seemed disinterested in the interview, making me wonder if this was a stress test or something, even though they said they didn't do that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Very fast decision making. Case interviews are number driven and have a right answer. First round @ my university: 1 Ci. Second round @ campus in Plano, TX: 2 Ci, 1 Behavioral plus one more Ci at the end after other candidates had left. (This made me think I had the internship :(
    Ci questions were about: a shipping company and ways to increase revenue plus calculate break even point and how a decrease in price affects profits; a call center, weighted average of call duration, how to improve drop rate; and the third was about 2 credit cards options which one is more profitable for the company and ways to minimize risk.

Interview Questions

• The cases were easy at the beginning, but got complicated as the interviewer asked me more questions and give me more data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

First I took a math test, reading test, and work habits test online. Second I had a case interview on campus. That went well. After that, they flew me to the D.C. HQ for more interviewing. They put me up the night before. On the interview day, I had two case interviews and a personality interview. They then asked me to do an extra case interview. I received no offer, even though it seemed to go well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

First round case interview on campus. Then invited to Richmond for second round, which consisted of two cases (~45 min each) and one behavioral. Same interview process as full time prospects. Put us up in a nice hotel, took care of flights, etc. which was definitely a plus. Seemed like good company culture. Three of my interviewers were very cooperative, but the fourth was quite arrogant.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First interview was a case interview. Questions were not that hard, it's all logical and basic math.

Application

Interview

Applied through my university career website and was contacted shortly thereafter. First round interview was a case interview about the credit card industry. It shouldn't have been a difficult case, however, I made multiple mental math mistakes the led me to not receive an opportunity to move to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

One interview on campus with a case. Round of three interviews on Capital One campus, followed by a luncheon. Certain interviewees were invited back for a fourth case interview. Good experience overall.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

They had an on campus interview first, which I think has a really low threshhold for success, because I blew it and still passed. Then I went to the office for round 2 and stayed at the hilton. they had a dinner for us the night before and a lunch and tour the day of... the people they had us with were somewhat weird, though.

Interview Questions

• One case about energy plants and looking at graphs. One case looking at atms. Lots of solve for x type problems   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very friendly recruiters who really do care about you. Never received any automated calls or emails.

Interview Questions

• Most of the cases were all numbers based, so I was thrown off in the final round when I received a strategy based cased.   Answer Question