Capital One Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions

3.1

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was a campus first round interview, which was pretty simple, followed by an on-campus interview session. In the 2nd round, they gave us 2 case studies and 1 behavioral interview. Behavioral was pretty straightforward, but the case studies were much more math-intensive. They called me about half a week afterwards to tell me that I did not get it.

Interview Questions

• More so than a difficult question, was the manner in which a question was asked. The question in the second round was tough, but one of the interviewers seemed disinterested in the interview, making me wonder if this was a stress test or something, even though they said they didn't do that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I met them at the Career Fair at my school (Target School). After talking with them for about two minutes they said they'dbe in touch. About 3-5 days Later I got an email saying I got an interview. 1st round was at the university, pretty standard, It was 1 case that focused on break-even analysis. I then got a call 3-5 days after that saying I got an invite to their "power day".
    Power day was cool, you get to check out their richmond campus which is nice. It consists of 3 interview, 2 case interviews and 1 fit.

The first case was very straight forward, it had to do with factoring in credit risk to determine business development, they help you through it. The 2nd case was a little crazier as I had to analyze a graph presented to me and then basically present my analysis in graphical form as well. The data was abstract so your ability to graph is based on your understanding of what should theoretically be happening (think derivatives).

The Fit interview was the only negative part of my experience, My interviewer couldn't show up, so I had a phone fit interview. which in my eyes is just pointless because how are you trying to understand a person's personality and attitude if you aren't face to face.

Also, a lot of people get final rounds with Capital One so, don't get cocky once they invite you to richmond

Interview Questions

• Given the Death rates for 5 different customersegment groups. Which ones should we include in our portfolio to break-even? Graph our profits as we include additional groups   2 Answers

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Interview

First round interview on campus: easy case interview which measures math competency. Was then invited to second round interview. They flew me to their offices and had a 6 hour interview process. 2 cases, 1 behavioral, lunch, and an additional interview after lunch.

They go out of their way to make you comfortable. It was an extremely pleasant process and not overly stressful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, all cases were based off of past projects that capital one has worked on.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First round on campus. Basic Capital One type case study on a gym at the Capital One office and how much money should be charged to use it.

Final Round at Capital One's office. Three interviews, 1 behavioral, 2 cases. The cases were similar to the first round interview case question.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was that difficult in the interview. Just try to take your time and don't make any mistakes in the math.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

On-campus interview. It was my first quant case interview, let alone any case interview. My background is mostly in project management an software development. My interviewer told me "the first is always the most fun", and we did end up having a pretty fun interview. I thought out loud, asked the right questions, and squeezed as much data out of him as possible on which to base my decision. Being a quant case, I had to set up some mathematical functions to figure out some finance stuff (profitable/unprofitable), but other than that, it was mostly thinking about smart business practices and decisions. I got decent verbal and gestural feed back from my interviewer, which was nice. Right around the end, my interviewer said that I gave a good solution, and I got a chance to ask him questions about the company. I enjoyed the experience very much.

Interview Questions

• I would rather not reveal the specific case, but I will say that it was an unprofitable business venture (which I had to first discover) that I had to turn profitable through a series of numbers-based decisions.   1 Answer

Offer at another company fit my career goals better at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Very fast decision making. Case interviews are number driven and have a right answer. First round @ my university: 1 Ci. Second round @ campus in Plano, TX: 2 Ci, 1 Behavioral plus one more Ci at the end after other candidates had left. (This made me think I had the internship :(
    Ci questions were about: a shipping company and ways to increase revenue plus calculate break even point and how a decrease in price affects profits; a call center, weighted average of call duration, how to improve drop rate; and the third was about 2 credit cards options which one is more profitable for the company and ways to minimize risk.

Interview Questions

• The cases were easy at the beginning, but got complicated as the interviewer asked me more questions and give me more data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Final round cases were pretty straight forward, 3 behavioral questions plus one on why capital one.

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was harder than the other one, very quantitative   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I initially applied through the campus career center. Then there was a 30 minute case interview on campus. Next I was invited to the final round at the office in McLean. There were 2 case interviews that were more complicated than the first and 1 behavioral interview with 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince someone else to change their mind.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Interview

Met them at our school's career fair (they're our biggest recruiter and our school is THEIR biggest recruiter) and they were really friendly and nice. Dropped off a resume with them and got invited back to interview a few weeks later. Only a 20ish min interview that was pretty straightforward and easy. Found out a week later that I was invited back to a final round interview in McLean, VA. Final rounds consisted of 2 case and 1 behavioral, each 45 mins long. The cases were of medium-hard difficulty, but I stumbled because the interview was unfriendly and this was my first formal case interview ever. Found out a week or so later that I didn't get it because they wanted to see stronger performance for my cases.
    Overall the people were nice and really friendly. Most of them were pretty young (under 35) and talkative/helpful.

Interview Questions

• Possibly some of the behavioral follow-up questions were difficult but manageable. Nothing out of the ordinary but they caught me off guard.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied through campus career services, and was set up for an on campus interview. Staff were friendly and the process was smooth. The interview lasted for thirty minutes and was simply one case, a breakeven analysis from which you draw a business conclusion. Not unlike the example case provided on their website.