Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.3

433 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Nottingham, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Appilication form
Online Test, including numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
Video interview, 9 questions, 45min.
Assessment day. Four interviews including strength interview, group exercise, product interview, and case study interview. 5 hours. A really good experience. Interviewers were quite friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Lengthy interview process including an initial phone screening with a recruiter, over the phone case interview, Power Day interviews on campus, then a final day of onsite interviews involving job sit conversations. Interviewers were professional; however, did not seem interested in answering the candidate's questions. The very first interviewer arrived late, which caused the process to feel rushed and gave no time for qualitative questions or questions from the candidate. Later interviewers dodged questions regarding the job role and team structure, because they did not seem to have knowledge of the specific position for which I applied.

In essence, them entire (lengthy) interview process seemed to be entirely focused on the employer's needs, with very little attention or respect for the candidate's needs. By the end of he interview process it seemed like I was interviewing for a very different job than the initial job posting described. I had a good feeling about my performance, and the hiring staff seemed enthusiastic, but I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation where you failed at something. Why did this happen and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What is your proudest achievement? Why?   Answer Question
    • Why are you perfect for Capital One?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

On Campus short case interview , then final round interview in their wWashington DC office. Final round consisted of two case interviews and a product interview with a little walk me through your resume type questions at the start of each.

Interview Questions

• 2 case questions and then a product management question
      -Pick an app and describe how it works   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Multiple case/behavioral interviews. 1 initial interview, followed by 4 in 1 day.

Pretty good supporting touch points with HR and analysts in the role in between interviews.

I heard back results really quick on the results.

Interview Questions

• Craft a recommendation to complete case interviews, primarily after before various break even analyses.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied at my university's career event, and was invited to a case interview the next day. The case interview took about an hour -- first the interviewer introduced a bit about himself and the company; this was followed by the case; and at the end there was a bit more time for questions and some conversation. The interviewer was very friendly and even enthusiastic about answering questions, even though I was the last interviewee in what must have been a long day. (Please ignore the 'Did you get an offer?' part; I only made it to the next round and did not get an offer yet.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2017.

Interview

It took a few processes from online assessment to onsite interview (AC). You will be required to complete an video interview first (online system). After that you will be invited to ac.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through an university career fair and I interviewed in June 2017. The interviewer was really nice and friendly. He introduced me his job and experiences at Capital One. One case study of credit cards was given. I was asked to do some break even calculations and come up some ideas to improve the product. Although I was not given an offer, a staff emailed me and gave me some feedback from the interviewer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Nice interviewee and good case study interview, although I didn't get an offer. The case is based on their normal daily task, simple but complicated like all real world questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied after I talked with a recruiter at a job fair. I filled out the application online and received a call to schedule a phone call case study interview. Capital One provides you with the opportunity to do a practice case study interview before the real one, which I highly recommend and regret not taking. The case study discussed basic financial analysis and then communicating your recommendation based on said analysis. My biggest advice is LISTEN CAREFULLY. Things had gone smoothly for me up until I misheard something and was not able to calculate a correct number. Do this relax and I'm sure the interview will go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• You are an owner of a boardwalk shop that sells 3 items...   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online at my university portal. Was scheduled for a 60 minute interview with the first half being a behavioral interview with standard questions and the second half being a case study interview. The interview consisted of having to use a calculator, pen and paper to answer questions posed by the case study.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about capital one and this position?   Answer Question