Capital One Business Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Business Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.4

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

1 computer-based test, 4 one-on-one interviews on the same day

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

- Online test
    - 2 behavioral interview
    - 2 business cases (1 dealt with P&L for cable company and prioritizing opportunities, another dealt with decision to add a process given a mix of bad and good customers)

You need to calculate CLV for a good customers and bad customers. Then you need to decide if adding a new process makes sense assuming certain mix of bad/good customers you may get.

Interview Questions

• Asked about optimal decision for running a set of plants with varying production capacity and cost of production.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated 10K increase in salary offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I arrived on-site for a half day of scheduled interviews. Due to a scheduling mix-up by Capital One, my first interviewer was 15 minutes late. We spent approximately 30 minutes discussing and working through a case related to the credit card industry. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to get to know the interviewer before he was off to another scheduled interview. The second case was interesting and required the calculation of a break-even given a change in one assumption. I again felt the interviewer wanted to stick to the script and didn’t really want to get to know my past work experiences and how they could be of benefit to Capital One. I was then escorted to a room to take a mathematics test where I was interrupted by other Capital One employees looking for a room to hold a meeting. I was extremely frustrated with respect to the disruption since the exam is timed. The final meeting was a behavioral interview that consisted of three questions. Again, the interviewer was very focused on following a script and did not spend much time sharing personal experiences within the organization. Given that the position requires a significant amount of teaming, I would have expected those interviewing candidates to spend more time determining whether the candidate would be a good fit. There were about 8 or so other candidates interviewing. Seems that the company has a lot of openings to fill and I am not sure if this is due to turnover or if they are truly expanding that quickly. The online interview prep site was very helpful and will give you insight into what you can expect for your day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Dominos analysis - how would a change to the marketing campaign influence the bottom line?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial communication was slow and unstructured. Had two first interviews cause there was a mix up, and then it took considerable time to schedule the follow-up tests and interviews.

Interview Questions

• suggest ways to increase revenue collection from at risk and defaulting card holders. how do you decide which card defaulter to pursue for payment or used credit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Was okay, two case based interviews and one behavioral interview. The cases were finance based and went okay. The behavioral was pretty standard as well and was okay. Then we were taken for lunch and if they like you, you will get another interview with a hiring manager. Overall, the process was ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Capital One HR was very prompt and nice. Everything was arranged well. Initial phone interview was just to discuss few basic details. More of a discussion than an interview.

Final day interview consisted of case interviews and behavioral interviews. I think I did not do well on the case interviews which was a surprise to me. In my opinion, taking a case interview is a skill too. If the interviewer is not clear, then the candidate will have a hard time.

Very nice workplace. Relaxed atmosphere. Company does believe in work life balance. Would have taken the offer had I got it. Will try after one year.

Interview Questions

• Had a case in which I had to perform calculations and a break even analysis. In the end had to interpret the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

First, initial screening - math test + critical reasoning + personality
    then interview call after 2 months to Richmond, VA

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you learnt something new?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

Behavioral and Case interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

1 informational interview
    1 online test (similar to GMAT)
    4 cases onsite -- 2 hr 2 strategy case
    the case interviews are about credit card P/L -- ie project the risk of individual apply for credit card and their probability of defaulting
    based on this information we will extend the line of credit based on risk

Interview Questions

• not really any, very typical case interview, about credit card P/L   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negociation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview by HR, followed by one full day interview (2 case + 1 behavioral + 1 with sr VP(contingent doing well in previous interviews). Though it is described as quant based interview. It requires very basic math. Floor culture was fairly open and casual. Seems like nice place to work. They are starting out in Chicago after buying HSBC partnership business hence most people were new at the location and were excited about the facilities. They provide ample opportunity to know the firm better and find your fit. The process is very straight forward, one of the best I have ever seen. At the end of the day, one knows whether she or he has been selected or not.. Thats the best part about it. Interview runs for the full day and can be exhausting ! Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• 2 Case interview. Mainly focusing on profit, what do you think about the firm in case?   1 Answer