Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was rather simple. I applied for multiple jobs 3 or so months ago. I got an email for an online assessment which has typical assessment questions. Then about a month later I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and scheduled an in person interview for the next day. They asked me four questions and that was pretty much it. Got a call form the recruiter a few days later stating that they would like to hire me. They offered me more than I was expecting to get so it worked out

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you needed to explain a complicated work process to a fellow employee.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you had to handle multiple tasks in a short amount of time.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you encountered a work problem and didn't know how to fix it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your direct boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

It starts off with an assessment they ask you to do via email. Then you have a phone interview with one rep, after if they like you they ask you when you are available for an in person interview. You interview with two different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you goof for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

First manager Asked some questions and showed me around the building. Then another manager came in and asked behavioral questions using the STAR method. It took about a hour for the interview. It was pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and customer care?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in September 2016.

Interview

The first part of the application process is an online assessment, in which you answer mock phone calls. It was easy enough. I was then contacted through email for a phone interview. We set up a time and a date, and I waited by my phone for 30 minutes, and nobody called. Two days later, I receive an email stating that based on the information provided, they wouldn't be moving me along in the application process. Capitol One is a scam, and they just want to waste your time. Don't bother with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received the assessment the next day. I took that and then the next day I a received a request for an interview, which was a one way online. I have not heard anything back and it has been 9 days thus far.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2016.

Interview

You submit an application and then you get an email (mines was a week later) to take an assessment. I guess after you pass they called you for a phone interview where they asked how you heard of the position and what made you apply. Then they ask you to come in for an in person interview. The process is pretty good. The people there are extremely nice and welcoming. They also do behavioral style interviews. My process was about 3 weeks total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

You meet with two different people at the main campus in Plano, TX. They ask you several open-ended behavioral style questions. They are wanting you to answer with a situation, a task, an action and the result. The recruiter did send in an email tips to be successful in this style of interview format and it was very helpful. You can also Google behavioral intervies and there are many helpful articles.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had to tell a customer something they didn't want to hear, and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

WORK AT HOME CUSTOMER SERVICE REP

I applied online and was immediately given an option to take an online assessment and test. When you take the test be sure you have the allotted time recommended as well as a quiet surrounding to concentrate on the questions. It is an interactive tutorial in which you will have an opportunity to show your analytical problem solving skills. You will be given customers names, account numbers, phone numbers simulating actual to address the needs of the customer. Once this part of the process is completed successfully I received an email advising of the next step which was to have an online interview, there is a link that is sent in a separate email in which you can set up for a video interview. Since this is a work at home position they want to see how tech savvy you are. The video interview takes about 45 minutes to an hour. It is not a live person interviewing but rather an avatar asking questions in which you are provided 2 minutes to think of your answer then you press record and I believe you have 3 or 4 minutes to answer while you are recorded on what looks similar to facetime. You cannot go back and correct your video answers so just remember it is one shot. After the video interview you will get another email advising that a recruiter will be in touch if they want to proceed. It took almost 3 weeks before I received the call from the recruiter only to find out at the end of the interview that the job only pays $11.85 an hour. The hours include at least one weekend day every week you get to choose Saturday or Sunday and 4 weekdays(m-f) which are flexible hours. I have been unemployed for several months so initially when the recruiter asked me how the pay sounded I was a little less than honest. I told her the pay was less than I was expecting but I would like to move forward. The whole truth is the pay seems absurdly low for the extensive process. In addition to the extensive interview process there are requirements that you have to have for internet service to make sure your service meets the requirement and you have to have a landline phone. They also want you to have a dedicated office space in which I had everything necessary so the disappointment was the pay. The recruiter wrapped up the interview and advised the next step was a telephone interview with a manager and then if that went well they may request that I come in for an in person interview. She scheduled the phone interview for the next morning at 9:00am. After much deliberation I decided to withdraw my application because at the end of the day the pay is just too low. It may be good for someone who does not have over 15 years of customer service experience and is just starting their career.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Capital One?   1 Answer
    • When was a time that you had a difficult customer how did you handle the problem and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work from home?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I started with the online application, which included a simulated online role play scenario. Afterwards I was called by a recruiter for an initial 30 minute phone screen. The first call focused more on details of the position and some cursory information about myself. Next was a phone conversation with a hiring manager for the actual department I was applying to. This interview focused on behavioral questions and there was a live role play scenario where I had to guide a "customer" through a series of basic computer tasks.

After both of these, i was scheduled for an in-person interview on site. There were several rounds of interviews, with two people sitting in on each round. These were more traditional - mostly focusing on previous examples of working with difficult clients, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received feedback in your previous job, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation. Base pay plus monthly incentives.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It's a 2 part interview, 1 Job fit: Here they ask you what skills and abilities you have to perform in the role and why you believe you are a good fit for the role that you applied for. The behavioral is more to gauge how you would perform in certain scenarios, for example, how did you overcome obstacles while working on a project, what you did and what would you have done different.

Interview Questions

• Why you believe you are a good fit for the role you are applying for.   Answer Question