Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.5

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

WORK AT HOME CUSTOMER SERVICE REP

I applied online and was immediately given an option to take an online assessment and test. When you take the test be sure you have the allotted time recommended as well as a quiet surrounding to concentrate on the questions. It is an interactive tutorial in which you will have an opportunity to show your analytical problem solving skills. You will be given customers names, account numbers, phone numbers simulating actual to address the needs of the customer. Once this part of the process is completed successfully I received an email advising of the next step which was to have an online interview, there is a link that is sent in a separate email in which you can set up for a video interview. Since this is a work at home position they want to see how tech savvy you are. The video interview takes about 45 minutes to an hour. It is not a live person interviewing but rather an avatar asking questions in which you are provided 2 minutes to think of your answer then you press record and I believe you have 3 or 4 minutes to answer while you are recorded on what looks similar to facetime. You cannot go back and correct your video answers so just remember it is one shot. After the video interview you will get another email advising that a recruiter will be in touch if they want to proceed. It took almost 3 weeks before I received the call from the recruiter only to find out at the end of the interview that the job only pays $11.85 an hour. The hours include at least one weekend day every week you get to choose Saturday or Sunday and 4 weekdays(m-f) which are flexible hours. I have been unemployed for several months so initially when the recruiter asked me how the pay sounded I was a little less than honest. I told her the pay was less than I was expecting but I would like to move forward. The whole truth is the pay seems absurdly low for the extensive process. In addition to the extensive interview process there are requirements that you have to have for internet service to make sure your service meets the requirement and you have to have a landline phone. They also want you to have a dedicated office space in which I had everything necessary so the disappointment was the pay. The recruiter wrapped up the interview and advised the next step was a telephone interview with a manager and then if that went well they may request that I come in for an in person interview. She scheduled the phone interview for the next morning at 9:00am. After much deliberation I decided to withdraw my application because at the end of the day the pay is just too low. It may be good for someone who does not have over 15 years of customer service experience and is just starting their career.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Capital One?   1 Answer
  • When was a time that you had a difficult customer how did you handle the problem and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work from home?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial on line questionnaire and typing test. Multiple contacts with assigned Recruiter. Final interview by phone with department manager where situation questions are asked and applicant provides previous job experiences relating to the question.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process involved a three on one style including a Manager, Supervisor, and Trainer. The Interview was smoothly executed and very detailed

Interview Questions

• What did you least like about your previous employer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

It starts off with an assessment they ask you to do via email. Then you have a phone interview with one rep, after if they like you they ask you when you are available for an in person interview. You interview with two different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you goof for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very good. The person interviewing me was very polite, kind and professional. Thoughtfully listened to the answers you give. Knows the company and the job. Makes you feel the like the company has a family dynamic to it. Really great family feel but building is in an industrial area. Must own a car to access building easily. 10 minute walk from any transit stop.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate or upset client and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

First manager Asked some questions and showed me around the building. Then another manager came in and asked behavioral questions using the STAR method. It took about a hour for the interview. It was pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and customer care?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2016.

Interview

You submit an application and then you get an email (mines was a week later) to take an assessment. I guess after you pass they called you for a phone interview where they asked how you heard of the position and what made you apply. Then they ask you to come in for an in person interview. The process is pretty good. The people there are extremely nice and welcoming. They also do behavioral style interviews. My process was about 3 weeks total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received the assessment the next day. I took that and then the next day I a received a request for an interview, which was a one way online. I have not heard anything back and it has been 9 days thus far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in September 2016.

Interview

The first part of the application process is an online assessment, in which you answer mock phone calls. It was easy enough. I was then contacted through email for a phone interview. We set up a time and a date, and I waited by my phone for 30 minutes, and nobody called. Two days later, I receive an email stating that based on the information provided, they wouldn't be moving me along in the application process. Capitol One is a scam, and they just want to waste your time. Don't bother with this company.

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Sioux Falls, SD) in February 2013.

Interview

Extremely casual, but questions are behavioral. Be prepared for "Tell me about a time..." questions and have your SOAR/STAR answer prepared. Role plays were also a huge part of this process.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time when you disagreed with a customer.
      Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a