Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was rather simple. I applied for multiple jobs 3 or so months ago. I got an email for an online assessment which has typical assessment questions. Then about a month later I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and scheduled an in person interview for the next day. They asked me four questions and that was pretty much it. Got a call form the recruiter a few days later stating that they would like to hire me. They offered me more than I was expecting to get so it worked out

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you needed to explain a complicated work process to a fellow employee.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you had to handle multiple tasks in a short amount of time.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you encountered a work problem and didn't know how to fix it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your direct boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alabang (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Alabang (Philippines)) in October 2017.

Interview

Order of Application process
    1. Create Profile
    2. Take personal assessment and call simulation exam and pass it before taking the versant
    3. Pass the Versant to proceed with the Initial Interview
    4. Initial Interview ( I only reached till here)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One on one with manager. Easy conversation. No hard questions. Didn't ask for references. Wasn't kept long. Interviewer was on time. Pleasant experience. Came out feeling very confident.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Portland, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

Over the phone, ask you basic questions. a lot of tell me about a time questions. Then they will ask you if you have any questions and they will answer them

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you calmed down a angry customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

It starts off with an assessment they ask you to do via email. Then you have a phone interview with one rep, after if they like you they ask you when you are available for an in person interview. You interview with two different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you goof for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very good. The person interviewing me was very polite, kind and professional. Thoughtfully listened to the answers you give. Knows the company and the job. Makes you feel the like the company has a family dynamic to it. Really great family feel but building is in an industrial area. Must own a car to access building easily. 10 minute walk from any transit stop.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate or upset client and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

First manager Asked some questions and showed me around the building. Then another manager came in and asked behavioral questions using the STAR method. It took about a hour for the interview. It was pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between customer service and customer care?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2016.

Interview

You submit an application and then you get an email (mines was a week later) to take an assessment. I guess after you pass they called you for a phone interview where they asked how you heard of the position and what made you apply. Then they ask you to come in for an in person interview. The process is pretty good. The people there are extremely nice and welcoming. They also do behavioral style interviews. My process was about 3 weeks total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received the assessment the next day. I took that and then the next day I a received a request for an interview, which was a one way online. I have not heard anything back and it has been 9 days thus far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in September 2016.

Interview

The first part of the application process is an online assessment, in which you answer mock phone calls. It was easy enough. I was then contacted through email for a phone interview. We set up a time and a date, and I waited by my phone for 30 minutes, and nobody called. Two days later, I receive an email stating that based on the information provided, they wouldn't be moving me along in the application process. Capitol One is a scam, and they just want to waste your time. Don't bother with this company.