Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.5

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. First interview over the phone with an HR rep just asking behavioral questions. Second interview was over the phone with a manager. The second interview was solely scenario questions; how you would handle certain types of calls.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working from home?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Went to a hiring event and filled out application. No interview at all. Was contacted two weeks later and told I got the job and was sent a on boarding package, but didn't start job until a month later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

It's was very easy, a little bit of role playing with customer situations. It was s one on one, so that made a hide difference on if you are nervous to do group interview . Overall it was a fun experience

Interview Questions

• Tell a time where it was a diffclut customer and how did you fix the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Saint Cloud, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews.

First is over the phone. Very generic and easy going. Making sure you and the company may be a good fit. And is it what your looking for. Can you make the hours etc.

Second: Go in and meet a team leader and get a tour of the location (St. Cloud, MN) Very generic questions again that you can find great answers for online. Also have some questions ready, it shows your interested.

Third: Meet one of the Office managers. Both are very nice and easy going. Ask some more laid back questions. Bascially they want to know if you can have a good conversation with someone you've never met.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE) in December 2014.

Interview

First, there was a website simulator test that you must pass to get a call back. Once passed, you will be asked to come in for an interview, may have to complete a phone interview prior to going in.

Interview Questions

• What has your previous job taught you that you can apply here? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tigard, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

Friendly, informal, conversational. In a small room with two people, both friendly and affable. One of the people ended up being my manager, and the other person never said another word to me, as long as I worked there. There seemed no small degree of plastic-friendliness in many of the middle management, though the upper management came off as both genuine and warm.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit, what are your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Frisco, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Setting up the interview was fairly simple, although for a wage just above minimum wage they have the most indepth interview process. It's not something you see at the wages being offered. I took away if you are a humble person, walk away. They encourage you to think you are the greatest and be able to relay that. I personally feel it give room for large tales, exact opposite of being as truthful as you can.

Interview Questions

• Most companies want a team player, we verses I !   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL).

Interview

All candidates must apply online through Taleo. Occasionally there may be an open house where you can an immediate interview. Applied online which requires additional testing to move forward to a phone interview. After normal resume and behavioral surveys had to complete a customer simulation for a variety of industries. Once passed then called by a in-house recruiter for an easy phone interview. It's a phone job so how you sound is very important - then an onsite, in person interview was scheduled. After that a phone call offering job. Until you accept a work schedule your offer is not final - that was delayed for me while schedules were finalized so in limbo for 10 days or so. They also do a criminal check and background check - credit score doesn't matter but everything else does and offer is contingent on results.

Interview Questions

• The simulation online was tough, be well rested and prepared and read everything carefully. Many fail this part and don't ever get a final interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base hourly rate is non negotiable - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Portland, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

Over the phone, ask you basic questions. a lot of tell me about a time questions. Then they will ask you if you have any questions and they will answer them

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you calmed down a angry customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Completed on-line application and simulated call center environment by computer. The same day a recruiter called and scheduled me for a preliminary phone screen for the following week. During the phone screen the recruiter told me about the benefits, hourly, training period, wage and tentative work shifts. I have a one-one interview in a few weeks and hopefully, I can edit this response with the result

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to prioritize   1 Answer

See What Capital One Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Unit Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros: “Great work environment, where associates have a voice; personable leadership and management that recognize what the employees do everyday matters. Capital One offers great deal of growth...”“Great work environment, where associates have a voice; personable leadership and management that recognize what the employees do everyday matters. Capital One offers great deal of growth opportunities for the people on its payroll; with Capital One University and the Career Development Centers they have on the their campuses, associates can pick from a wide variety of professional classes to take while working, and utilize career specialists on staff to keep their interview skills, and resume polished. Unlike their competitors, change is the only constant in capital one. Leading technologies, and new industry trends are strategized and implemented holistically.” – Full Review