Capital One Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

3.2

299 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Experience Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to complete an assessment a few weeks later. After completing the assessment, I received a call to go over details of the position and was asked to set up an interview. The ladies were very polite. The first 30 minutes consisted of getting to know you and how you fit the job requirements. The 2nd half was more of a behavioural interview. Both parts are fairly easy. Just remember to familiarize yourself with the STAR method. Was informed that I'd here back in 24 to 48 hours.

Update:
    Received a call within 48 hours as advised with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that are beneficial to this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Senior Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen, followed by a phone case interview, and an onsite power day with 2 case interviews. The entire process was very smooth and rather quick. It took place within the space of 3-4 weeks from my initial referral by an internal employee. I have to admit that Cap One's recruiting process is one that I admire because it goes after truly good talent with a quantitative focus but not exactly like management consulting companies. I get the rejection email the next morning and was told my cumulative scores weren't enough to recommend a hire. I'm providing an indepth account to help others out there understand the process. My suggestion is be careful with your assumptions, calculations, and try and ace both your cases. Don't think there will be a 3rd case after lunch if you do so so.

The phone case interview was fairly simple-about a non profit company that needed to fundraise and if they should sell tickets to a gala or do donations via website and do a breakeven analysis.

On-site interviews:
    First Case-Credit Card Rewards. The company is trying to decide whether or not to offer credit card rewards to existing customers. What should you consider before making a decision? Here are some numbers (APR, revenue percentages, cost, defaults) Ok, then what's the minimum new spend to the breakeven if it costs us X% to provide rewards. I didn't account for the loss of principal for defaulters (4%) as a cost, which he caught and led me to correct the equation (Mistake #1). Here I calculated the right answer but forgot I was looking at an annual cost instead of monthly cost and paused for a while thinking I got the wrong answer until the interviewer pointed out that I did have in fact the correct answer. (Mistake #2) He then asked if there's a quick mental math that can be done because our revenue had been halved and all other parts of the equation had stayed the same. The answer was minimum spend had to double, which he led me to. Next, if doubling the spend was not feasible, what else could be done. So retaining the customer longer than if we didn't have the rewards was the answer, and I was asked to calculate a new breakeven minimum spend if rewards customers are retained for 4 years versus 3. Here, I made a simple calculation mistake and he caught it (Mistake #3), though it didn't change the outcome which was the minimum spend only had to go up by $14/mo. So now what would my recommendation be? My recommendation was we should definitely offer the rewards. He asked what are the main assumptions behind this. I stated correctly that the ability to increase the spend should assured of and that other costs of providing rewards stay the same. I was then asked about 4 quadrants of people, high/low likely of attriting and high/low spenders and who we should focus on retaining. I got that right as well. I was told that I had documented my thinking well and the case was done.

2nd case-Credit Card Case again with 3 customer segment tests with different APR rates and different spend per segment of customers. Needed to find out profitability, and why you would pick one versus another even if profit came to the same. Low APR might get us new customers but it would mean customers are keeping higher balances which means they are in debt more. I answered that that might not be what we want to be known for, i.e., fleecing customers. Then changed the scenario by adding in marketing costs and response date for direct mailing,e g.. Then asked to calculate how it changes over the lifetime of customers retained. I believe I got this case but I didn't get a good response either way. I was only asked 1 behavioral question by 2nd interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you went out of your way to help a colleague or person?   Answer Question

Dealer Risk Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for job on internal job site. Able to check application status online. Status went from applied, to screen, to interview. Job Fit and Behaviroal Interview performed. Total interview time one hour and 45 minutes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain policy and procedures to a customer   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I had overestimated the importance of database management and underestimated the role of Python programming for this position when preparing for the interview. While Python is one of my most proficient programming languages, all of the programs I developed in this language were for homework assignments, not professional or semester-long academic projects. The interviewer was intent on having me detail how I analyzed data with Python (and only Python). This threw me off. Granted I sent a list of the work I have done with Python programs in my thank you letter to the interviewer, but I'm afraid the damage is done. I wish the interviewer allowed me to summarize my projects that utilized other programming languages, like MATLAB and R-Statistics.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you take out a loan of $3000 for 1 year. If the loan has an interest of 2% for the first 5 months and 14% for the rest of the year, how much interest will you have to pay by the end of the year?   2 Answers

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did assessment received email 3 weeks later with a request for an on demand one way video interview. Received another email for phone screening then in person with two recruiters each asking questions for 30 min each.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app and why   1 Answer
    • What softwares are you familiar with we have 13-14 different softwares we use simultaneously.   Answer Question
    • Are you team Driod or IPhone.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time you had to remind a customer of company policy and procedures what was the scenario how did the customer react.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Auto Repo Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

2 part interviewed within same day. 2 different people, very honest and forthcoming with all information . All questions pertain to personal experiences and how you overcame or adapted to the situation. Be prepared to speak on times of failure and how you bounced back.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of what is scenario questions   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career site. Received an on campus interview a few weeks later. It was called a technical behavioral. They asked a few questions like

Tell us about a time you manipulated data
    Name one or two technical concepts you learned and how you applied them
    What experience do you have with extracting data? (SQL queries)

Two days later I was invited to an on campus interview at Plano, TX. There I had 1 behavioral and 2 case interviews. The behavioral asked the following:

Tell me about a time you had to learn something to complete your job
    Tell me about a time where you had to ask for help and who/why you asked

The case interviews were standard I think (first time doing any) and I feel that if I had practiced at all then I would have done better and got the job. Overall it is a cool company and I'm pretty bummed I didn't get the job but that's just more motivation for next time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change your plan midway   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied through employee referral. it took me 2 days to get a call from a recruiter. I was assigned for an interview 10 days later. 3 interviews, Case, Behavioral and Job Fit. Each of them took me 45 mins to 1 hour. I did well on Behavioral and Case, but I was not happy with my performance on Job Fit interview. The interview was on Friday in Plano, And I got a call on Monday 11 A.M. Very quick!!!!

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Tell me about a time you have explained something technical to a non-technical person?   Answer Question
    • OOD question, design a service to connect representatives to the customers by chat   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

You have to take a assessment test after you fill out the application. Once you pass the assessment you have virtual interview if you pass the virtual interview which takes 30 minutes then you have a face to face interview with 2 managers over behaviour questions for 30 minutes a piece

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve conflict with a customer and how did you resolve?   Answer Question

Management Rotational Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was at my campus. The interviewer asked me to tell me something about myself followed by three behavioral questions. He expected answers in the STAR format. Questions were fairly simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a team and you faced a problem. What was the problem and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question