Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college or university, first round case interview with a ft data analyst. Get flown out to company office in Plano, where you have 2 case interviews and a behavioral interview. If you do well you are asked to stay for a fourth case interview. If you're not asked, most likely you will not be getting the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you...(behavioral)   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

first round is through campus recruit. submitted applications and had interview on campus. the interviewer is also an alum, so the communication process is ok. The final round is on-site interview in Richmond VA

Interview Questions

• how to do data cleaning/ do you have any questions for us   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I applied through university channel. The process took a few weeks. An alumni who currently work for Capital One interviewed me on campus. And then had an on-site interview with three case studies in Richmond VA.

Interview Questions

• Technical problems: CI, missing data, p-value...
      Remember to explain these terms not too professionally.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Quick interview process, first round,intense. 3 to1. All questions from resume so be sure to be familiar with your resumes.Raising questions along when you talking about what you did before.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2015.

Interview

A phone screening by a recruiter first.
    Then an online coding test including coin flipping, anagram...can be coded in any language except R.
    Third round is the technical interview with a member of the team. Questions are about how you deal with large dataset, map-reduce, an practice problem about point estimation and a case study.

Interview Questions

• something about large dataset, map-reduce, an practice problem about point estimation, some basic statistic concept and a case study.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

1 behavioral, 2 case. The people were very nice, everything was organized. 3 interview with 3 different people, you are going up against masters students and engineers. Behavioral was easy, 1 case study was a hypothetical situation, the other case study was about banking, rates, and credit cards

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview consisted of a simple case interview followed by several behavioral questions. There were two interviewers in the room during my session. Typically, the case prompt depends on the position you are applying for.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2015.

Interview

First, recruiter interview, and then coding challenge, and then another technical interview.
    I can't pass the technical interview. It was about 45 minutes. Coding challenge was not that hard if you have any experience of modeling through R or other languages.

Interview Questions

• what are you gonna do if there is only 100 data for developing model about prediction of male or female?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Phone screen, two case and several behavioral questions on "super day". ALL candidates are recent college grads or those out of work who will take just about any job. The place is an interview mill and churns through college grads like a meat grinder. Didn't get the job after I was told I did well on ALL cases and behaviorals and was also told my 6+ years of experience was "exactly what they were looking for". Whole process is a scam...throw as much stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I went into their office and they had me wait in a conference room while they sorted their affairs. They didn't print out my resume so I had to pull it up myself. The interviewer asked questions about my experiences and projects I worked on along with some behavioral questions.