Capital One Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

good interview process enjoyed talking with the team. Questions where standard and people were friendly. The Interview process was straight forward, recruiter gave information about what to expect and answered questions that you may have about the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent project that you worked on and any problems yo had   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Asked debug question and case study in three different parts. Got an on campus interview and recruited reached out afterwards to tell no offer. Unfortunate, but onto the next adventure and work avenue. Tough time all around

Interview Questions

• Merger with brick and mortar bank and online credit card company   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had An interview with capital for Software engineer Job.They Mostly asked question based on scenario based .They asked How You can create apple music app and How you will Devide the application into small part.

Interview Questions

• 1>Write a Program for Array   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in August 2020.

Interview

I had my final power day interview via Zoom and they never got back to me about the results...

One leetcode style question easy/medium difficulty. Case interview about the challenges of acquiring a new technology company. Code review and refactoring of simple method. System creation and diagram interview. Behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a number n find all prime numbers in between 0 and n.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in August 2020.

Interview

In this role, you will build and maintain software products for Vizient. You will solve complex
    problems and bring a new perspective to the usage of existing solutions. You will also mentor
    employees in the immediate group.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Behavioral -> Case -> Technical
    I think the interviewers were professional and made the process go very smoothly. The most challenging part is the case interview since it is the only one you cant really study for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA) in July 2020.

Interview

Round1: Phone interview with a recruiter/HR.
    Round2: An online, automated, assessment via Hacker Rank.
    Round3: A three hour interview with three different people, back to back via Zoom. No break.
    Round4: An interview with a manager via Zoom.
    It was awful. I withdrew my application. For round 3 they send an email saying your interview could be any time between 9:00AM and 5:00pm. They send you another email the day before the interview of what exact time it is. Who thought 3 hours of back to back interviews was a good idea? I didn't get a break. The fourth interview was supposed to happen the same day round 3 but the interviewer rescheduled and I wasn't notified.

Interview Questions

• Encrypt the data in this list without changing the order of the elements.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Detailed but well organized. The recruiter was clear about the process and the expectations. Make sure you use the materials the recruiter provides to help you in the interview.Detailed but well organized. The recruiter was clear about the process and the expectations. Make sure you use the materials the recruiter provides to help you in the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Capital One recruiter has a tendency to ghost on potential candidates if they are not interested.
    At first, the recruiter calls you and asks you to take a coding challenge.
    Two coding challenges are presented through HackerRank.

Also, the recruiter/HR is very helpful on how the interview will be if they are interested in you. They have a guideline on what to expect.
    Due to the Covid-19 Situation, the final interview is completed on a Zoom Video Conference application rather than onsite. Four interviews that consists of two technical tests, behavorial, and a case interview. All four interviews are 45 minutes long. Due to employees working from home, one interviewer made the interview a little bit difficult to concentrate, listening to a screaming kid from the background.

One technical interview has leet code questions and the other technical question is supposed to be a white board question. But due to the interview not being onsite, the interview was more about my resume/technical background.

Behavorial interviewer asks 3 questions. Interviewer expects about 12 - 15 minute length answers using the STAR format.

Most were easy to talk to except one who seemed agitated.
    Overall, they were nice, but deceptive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in April 2020.

Interview

Initially there is a hacker rank coding quiz which consisted of two questions testing your problem solving abilities. However, after passing the quiz, I had an interview with a hiring manager that I can only describe as bizarre. The questions raised some red flags for me and even if I had received an offer, I would have declined it. I have serious concerns about Capital One management if this interview is indicative of the software engineering management team.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you read tech blogs on your free time?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you look up answers on the internet to help solve problems?   1 Answer