Capital One Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Phone interview. Technical in nature. Absolute nightmare. Multiple individuals on a conference call. All had very heavy accents and talked over each other. (This is not usually an issues, since I'm use to daily discussions with individuals from around the globe.) I had to ask for a repeat of each question 2-3 times. Despite having my resume and the job posting requirements in front of them, they choose to ask extremely detailed technical questions about projects and tools I used 10+ years ago. There were a dozen different areas they could have asked me about, but they choose the 3 that were clearly my weakest based upon my resume. I was asked nothing about what I had done most recently or were my strengths. The interview came across as very unfair and it is obvious to me I was setup to fail. Any company that sets up potential employees or employees to fail, is not one I'd ever consider spending my time with.

Interview Questions

• In a COBOL program, what is the difference between using SSRANGE and NOSSRANGE?   1 Answer
  • How do you reverse a text string on the Unix command line?   1 Answer