Capital One Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.6

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews then a full day of in-office interviews, both group and individual, totaling about 25 people. It was a long day, having to repeat my story over and over again, but got a great feel for the firm from their answers to my questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Long and rigorous interview process involving multiple visits, phone calls and online tests. Overall I met with at least 12 people all around the country and had to pass a financial apptitide test that has a very high failure rate. Interviews were very focused on problem solving. After I was hired I never saw 90% of the people that interviewed me again.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

90s era techniques - with case interviews......test of your math skills only.....ridiculous and waste of time ....spent a full day meeting with 10 odd people.....and no real follow up post the interview for 2 months....then all of a sudden the urgency to get me on board.

Interview Questions

• situation where i had to show leadership and how i convinced others to follow my direction   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Phone interviews, onsite 'power day' with cases and behavioral interviews. You should be prepared with examples for the behavioral questions ahead of time. Do some practice cases to get in the right mindset.

Interview Questions

• The usual behavioral questions. Cases are not overly complex but be careful not to make careless mistakes.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The recruiter was very anxious to talk to me, asked me questions that were covered on my resume, and then said she had to discuss my resume with the hiring manager. After the hiring manager decided to move forward with the hiring process, I was asked to take two exams before moving on. One exam was a timed, verbal reasoning test. The other was a type of personality test where it asked if you were more likely to do scenario A or scenario B. Neither scenario was positive answer but you had to choose one. Clearly, they did not like my answers because I never heard from them again after submitting the exams.

Interview Questions

• Example: Are you more likely to disagree with your boss about an assignment or arrive late to meetings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter out of the blue. Several phone interviews later and they flew me out to Virginia. Interview process was intense! I've never experienced the full day interview like Capital One. All VP's and Senior Directors I encountered were top notch and the recruiter was on top of the process. Even though I didn't get the position, it was a positive experience and I'll likely look at Capital One in the future.

Practice basic behavioral interview questions and scenarios related to the position you're applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Capital One? Other behavioral questions...   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2017.

Interview

It was interesting that Capitol One was emphatic about how well they treated employees and prospective employees. Had an entire day of interview and never heard back from anyone. I cancelled my Capitol One Card

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2018.

Interview

Best interview experience from recruiting screening all the way up-to relocation and on-boarding.

The entire co-ordination of recruiting, interviewing, offer, relocation and on-boarding exceeded expectations.

Very welcoming, treated with respect, interview travel needs and scheduling was very smooth.

The interview process was very extensive, with one recruiter phone screen, one management phone screen, 3 exams and 5 in person interviews. However, the experience of going through the entire process was enjoyable. They do a very thorough screening of candidates to ensure the best fitting employees and leaders are hired.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you developed an employee that was not performing well.   Answer Question
    • What kind of culture do you like to work in? Where there is a lot of process or where there is a lot of innovation?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process consisted of telephone interviews and several online personal assessment and skills test. There is no preparation needed for the personal assessment test. It is a battery of question where you describe your work style etc. Some preparation is recommended for quantitative and verbal skills test.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of technical questions during the telephone interview - not common in my area.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

Interview

Just a direct one on one conversation with senior management.

Interview Questions

• question related to job role expansion and specifics around the supporting role   Answer Question