Capital One Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.6

Director Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in July 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone screen. At appointed time, HR never called. I managed to get back in touch with HR, who never even mentioned the forgotten screen. We rescheduled, and she called that time. After passing the screen, I did the usual Capital One tests, which I was passed.

I was then called in for three local in person interviews in DC. A few days before my interview, I was notified my interview location had been changed to Richmond, a two hour drive away. Since I was unemployed, I drove down without compensation. When I got down there, I was notified that one person had cancelled, and the other was still in DC, and I was to call up from a conference back into DC.

With that said, the people I spoke with were nice. They just didn't have their act together at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview

This was for a position in a newly created group. Several rounds of phone interviews and a gmat-like test online. On-site interviews were intense and consulting - like, but fair. All the people I met were very professional and knew their stuff. The overall process is very structured.

Though HR ruined the whole experience. Initially, the experience dealing with them was great. They were on top of their stuff, responding to every inquiry within the day and coordinating all the interviews/travel and answering all the questions in a timely manner.

The day after I finished the on-site interviews, the HR rep called me and said they were very happy with my candidacy and implied (in every possible way) an offer was in the works. They agreed to let me work from their office in my hometown (London, UK) for a while until I was ready to move my family to Richmond.

After a few weeks of back and forth with HR the communications went cold and HR wouldn't answer emails/calls. Finally, they got back to me several weeks after my last correspondence with them saying there were not interested to move forward. Very unprofessional, given the expectations and the verbal statements they had made.

Also, for a big company like CO, I was shocked how little knowledge they had about basic work visas and immigration matters. So I don't recommend applying if you need any immigration support, no matter how minimal it is.

Interview Questions

• Business case, detailed questions/drilling about experience and function. Can't disclose details due to NDA.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

First step is the phone screen with general recruiter once you pass that, 2nd phone interview with position specific recruiter. 3rd step is to take an online skill tests.

Interview Questions

• The phone interviews were not difficult at al. Just a general professional background questions.   1 Answer