Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met in person on University Campus for 45 minutes. Interview was a case study regarding approving or disapproving a certain credit card transaction. Not much time was spent on anything else besides the case study.

Interview Questions

• I was emailed the night before my interview and told to prepare for a case study.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

two rounds with the first round being a case study at the university that they recruited from and the second round consisting of a behavioral interview, job fit interview, and another very different case study at their virginia office. it was all one on one interviews. the people were very nice

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not know the answer to something on a project that had a short deadline?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was exhausting, multiple behavioral and case interviews with different people. You are then measured against all others who were interviewing at the time and a panel of those who did the interviews rank the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Even though you may know the answer to the case interviews, what they really want is for you to go through the process of deriving the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Interview

One interview on campus, after a few hours I was invited for on site interview. For the on site interview I had three case interviews and one behavioral interview (three questions). Case interviews were not that hard and you only needed to be prepared for some simple math calculations and know how to find break even points.

Interview Questions

• One of the was a little hard, but overall, it was okay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

First, there was an interview on campus, which featured a lot of math and story problems. But make sure to show your personality (which I did) while doing them. And be sure to talk out exactly what you're doing and your thought process.

Then I had an in person interview, which consisted of one math-oriented test, a personality test, and a 'fit' test. The guy who gave the math test was difficult and completely not helpful. The other interviewers were much better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Initially approached by a recruiter. After a couple of conversations on the telephone, I was offered an interview in the company HQ in Richmond. Coming from Los Angeles, this was a process in itself.
    All flight and accommodations were arranged by their travel agent which made it very easy. Interview lasted a whole day. Started in the morning and then spoke with 3 people.
    One was technical, one was behavioral based (soft skills), and the last was a big picture interview.
    All interviews were done in 1 room where the interviewers come in one after another.
    Lunch right after on the campus with fellow Capital One employees, followed by a short tour of campus.
    Very impressed with how professional and seamless it was for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• A new division is thinking of launching a new credit card product which will offer the customer something unique in the market.
      Tell me what are the things that you need to calculate prior to making the decision on launching this product.
      Answer Question

Offer was for a division that I was not interested in.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Started with a quantitative and behavioral assessment, then I was invited for a first round interview. Interview was a basic case interview lasting roughly 45 mins with some behavioral questions at the end. Case was fairly simple nothing too difficult, you just need to be sure to walk them through your process and be as in depth in your explanations as possible.

Interview Questions

• What things would you need to consider before recommending to outsource your call center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The final interview involved 3 mini-interviews. This included a case interview, behavioral interview, and fit interview. There were not really any "curve-balls" and all my interviewers were friendly. I flew in to the Richmond campus for the interview and toured the campus.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question is the case question. The interviewer is looking for you to get all the math right on that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. All new hires in the Finance Program make the same amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Great experience. Applied online and was asked the following day to take an online fit assessment and IQ test. I was quickly notified that I had passed and scheduled a phone interview. It was pretty straight forwards just know why you want to work at COF.

I was later invited to interview in Richmond. Capital One covered all of the expenses for transportation and the very nice hotel room. There was a reception the night before where candidates got to meet people currently involved in the program. Roughly 1:1 employees:candidates so it was a great opportunity to learn about the program.

Everyone had 3 interviews the following day (fit, behavioral, and case) and candidates who hadnt had a case on campus had a second case interview as well. Dont stress over the cases, if you passed the IQ test you'll most likely be fine as they are a bit more focused on quantitative topics. I heard back the same week.

Interview Questions

• Lots of team based questions. Keep a few examples in mind and make sure to review the example questions they give you. You will be asked some of them in the interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

I initially had a very basic phone interview which was spent mostly selling Capital One to me. I talked a little about my past experience. I then was asked to take a online assessment test which involved a quantitative section, a verbal section, and a personality section. In general, it wasn't that difficult - just review the practice materials that they provide you which will give you a good indication of the types of questions involved. I was then invited to Capital One's office in Richmond for a round of interviews - 2 behavioral and 2 case interviews. The behavioral interviews were straight forward for the most part, 3 questions each per interview. The cases entailed a qualitative piece and then a quantitative piece where you have to do some algebra and basic math to solve for break even points. While the math wasn't all that difficult, it was a little tricky having to make sense of the data in a short amount of time all while talking through your logic with someone watching.

Interview Questions

• Determining a break-even point for credit card customers who don't pass the initial application process. You need to recommend whether both tests in the application process are necessary.   Answer Question