Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.4

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied on campus for the full time financial analyst rotational position. I was notified that I received a first round interview the following week. Two days before my interview, the recruiter emailed me that I will no longer be able to interview. She said that because I interviewed for an internship position last year that I could not be considered for a full time position this year.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Capital One sets up interviewees with a hotel room for the night before the Richmond HQ interview. The interview process began at about 8:30am, and I had 4 interviews in a row. This lasted for about 4 hours. Each interviewee gets their own designated room for the entire time. After this, interviewees form small groups and have lunch with a current employee. This is a good time for more open talk about the company. Finally, everyone gets a tour of the campus. Everyone was kind and informative. The case interviews were difficult because they involved more in depth math than I was expecting (they are not traditional case interviews).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone else (Using the STAR system).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long, 5-hour interview with 7 different people. Behavioral case study. Felt uncomfortable with the scrutiny after 3 hours. One interview the interviewer felt the need to type out my answers so there was no eye contact. It was extremely awkward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you? What is your weakness? Have you managed people before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met in person on University Campus for 45 minutes. Interview was a case study regarding approving or disapproving a certain credit card transaction. Not much time was spent on anything else besides the case study.

Interview Questions

• I was emailed the night before my interview and told to prepare for a case study.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

two rounds with the first round being a case study at the university that they recruited from and the second round consisting of a behavioral interview, job fit interview, and another very different case study at their virginia office. it was all one on one interviews. the people were very nice

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not know the answer to something on a project that had a short deadline?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was exhausting, multiple behavioral and case interviews with different people. You are then measured against all others who were interviewing at the time and a panel of those who did the interviews rank the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Even though you may know the answer to the case interviews, what they really want is for you to go through the process of deriving the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Interview

One interview on campus, after a few hours I was invited for on site interview. For the on site interview I had three case interviews and one behavioral interview (three questions). Case interviews were not that hard and you only needed to be prepared for some simple math calculations and know how to find break even points.

Interview Questions

• One of the was a little hard, but overall, it was okay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

First, there was an interview on campus, which featured a lot of math and story problems. But make sure to show your personality (which I did) while doing them. And be sure to talk out exactly what you're doing and your thought process.

Then I had an in person interview, which consisted of one math-oriented test, a personality test, and a 'fit' test. The guy who gave the math test was difficult and completely not helpful. The other interviewers were much better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Initially approached by a recruiter. After a couple of conversations on the telephone, I was offered an interview in the company HQ in Richmond. Coming from Los Angeles, this was a process in itself.
    All flight and accommodations were arranged by their travel agent which made it very easy. Interview lasted a whole day. Started in the morning and then spoke with 3 people.
    One was technical, one was behavioral based (soft skills), and the last was a big picture interview.
    All interviews were done in 1 room where the interviewers come in one after another.
    Lunch right after on the campus with fellow Capital One employees, followed by a short tour of campus.
    Very impressed with how professional and seamless it was for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• A new division is thinking of launching a new credit card product which will offer the customer something unique in the market.
      Tell me what are the things that you need to calculate prior to making the decision on launching this product.   Answer Question

Offer was for a division that I was not interested in.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Started with a quantitative and behavioral assessment, then I was invited for a first round interview. Interview was a basic case interview lasting roughly 45 mins with some behavioral questions at the end. Case was fairly simple nothing too difficult, you just need to be sure to walk them through your process and be as in depth in your explanations as possible.

Interview Questions

• What things would you need to consider before recommending to outsource your call center?   Answer Question