Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2012.

Interview

One on one interview. Given a word problem dealing with an insurance package Capital One deals with often.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Intense - first we had an on campus information session and then were asked to fill out a 2 hour assessment - think 75% GMAT style questions and 25% personality assessment. That's the first round. The second round is a case study style interview only this one has a correct answer (you're supposed to come up with an actual number and explain what it is). I didn't make it past the second round, but after that you go on site for a third round interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate (x) ratio - a lot of ratio questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Gainesville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Met in person on University Campus for 45 minutes. Interview was a case study regarding approving or disapproving a certain credit card transaction. Not much time was spent on anything else besides the case study.

Interview Questions

• I was emailed the night before my interview and told to prepare for a case study.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

First, there was an interview on campus, which featured a lot of math and story problems. But make sure to show your personality (which I did) while doing them. And be sure to talk out exactly what you're doing and your thought process.

Then I had an in person interview, which consisted of one math-oriented test, a personality test, and a 'fit' test. The guy who gave the math test was difficult and completely not helpful. The other interviewers were much better.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview

I was originally selected for on campus interviews for the BA position, but after that case study interview I was retracted to the finance program. The next round was an online evaluation. There were 2 parts to this evaluation: a personality test and a critical thinking test. The exams took about an hour and a half. The final round of interviews were in Richmond, VA. They had a power day that consisted of a tour of the campus, and more interviews. I had four interviews that day: 2 case studies, 1 goodness of fit, and one traditional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Initially approached by a recruiter. After a couple of conversations on the telephone, I was offered an interview in the company HQ in Richmond. Coming from Los Angeles, this was a process in itself.
    All flight and accommodations were arranged by their travel agent which made it very easy. Interview lasted a whole day. Started in the morning and then spoke with 3 people.
    One was technical, one was behavioral based (soft skills), and the last was a big picture interview.
    All interviews were done in 1 room where the interviewers come in one after another.
    Lunch right after on the campus with fellow Capital One employees, followed by a short tour of campus.
    Very impressed with how professional and seamless it was for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• A new division is thinking of launching a new credit card product which will offer the customer something unique in the market.
      Tell me what are the things that you need to calculate prior to making the decision on launching this product.
      Answer Question

Offer was for a division that I was not interested in.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Worked with the campus hiring manager to have a first round interview at my school. I then was flown to Richmond, Virginia for a Powerday, which included a reception at the Hilton the night before. Heavy in analytical case interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

I initially had a very basic phone interview which was spent mostly selling Capital One to me. I talked a little about my past experience. I then was asked to take a online assessment test which involved a quantitative section, a verbal section, and a personality section. In general, it wasn't that difficult - just review the practice materials that they provide you which will give you a good indication of the types of questions involved. I was then invited to Capital One's office in Richmond for a round of interviews - 2 behavioral and 2 case interviews. The behavioral interviews were straight forward for the most part, 3 questions each per interview. The cases entailed a qualitative piece and then a quantitative piece where you have to do some algebra and basic math to solve for break even points. While the math wasn't all that difficult, it was a little tricky having to make sense of the data in a short amount of time all while talking through your logic with someone watching.

Interview Questions

• Determining a break-even point for credit card customers who don't pass the initial application process. You need to recommend whether both tests in the application process are necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Given a Math and Verbal Skills Test
    2. Invited to a Case Interview (on-campus)
    3. Invited to Power day in Richmond,VA
    Power day ( given another case interview, job fit interview, and a behavioral interview)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead people?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a group member and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Interview

I just send the email to them and got the interview opportunuity within 2 weeks