Capital One Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was really difficult getting an interview here. Once I did, I was informed by the hiring manager that they get hundreds of applications. This let me know that my chances of actually getting the job were not too high. This company follows the Situation Action Result method for interviewing. Google it. It's a bit ridiculous but it is my belief that they use this as a means to eliminate applicants quickly. Since they have so many applicants if you do not follow this method you will not get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest weaknesses? (This is a trick question and will really leave you stumped as the whole point of an interview is to talk about how great you are.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Referred by a friend. Received a call a few days after submitted my app. Passed phone interview and they asked me to come in the next morning for an in person interview. Completed interview and I'm waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• What was a specific situation I encountered where I had to explain a complex procedure to a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical behavior questions. You will have to go through finger printing and a back ground check. Plus there is an online test as well. Was pretty easy though. Dress code is really lax as well. You need to look sharp for the interview though. They wear casual clothes in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain a difficult call and what was the result.   Answer Question

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I was referred by a friend. I got a call from HR the next day and set up an initial phone interview. It was very brief and included questions such as: Why Capital One and why this position? A behavior question (Describe a time at work where you encountered a strange/unexpected situation and how you reacted) was also asked. Information about salary and your schedule was also given by the HR manager. I setup the time for the behavioral interview with the Department Lead as well.

For the second (1 on 1 with Dept Lead) interview, I was asked a couple behavioral questions. Before that, the lead talked about the position, what it entails, and what they are looking for. As for the questions, they were simple behavioral questions such as most difficult customer, unexpected situation with a customer, a time you had to do multiple things at once. At the end, you can also ask the Dept. Lead a question.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Standard behavioral interview questions (see above).   Answer Question

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

Interview

I completed my application around August and was called for a phone interview the first week in September. Unfortunately when it came time for me to actually HAVE my interview, the recruiter called me late and I was not able to take the call. He left a message and instructed me to call him back. I called, left two messages and have not heard anything else from the recruiter since, this was last week. I feel like I've wasted my time and none of it was any fault of my own. If I had any recommendations, get better recruiters! I didn't even get to interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

STAR process; Situation, Task, Action, Result. Answer in those steps, what situation you were in, what tasks did you need to complete, what actions were taken, and what was the end result.

Interview Questions

• Name a scenario when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy, they just wanted to hire for the holidays I am guessing. They had hired about 100 new people and then started letting people go. They have great benefits, but they don't care about employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer yelling and cursing at you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the position and did an online assessment. An HR Recruiter called and did a phone interview, if you do well you will be asked to select a date for a face to face interview. The phone interview questions were about your past work and one behavioral interview question. The face to face were all behavioral interview questions which Capital One preps you for.

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I Filled out the long drawn out questionnaire and simulation online.
    There was a simple tell me what you currently do Phone interview (tie it to the actual position you are applying to )
    Did background Check
    Face to Face interview with 1 manager (scenario based)

Called back to choose shift (there is a shift differential).

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• There will be 4-5 Behavioral Questions. Have examples of previous experiences with customers ready. Interviewer wants to know the Situation, Task, Action, and Result. there will also be a role play where interviewer is the customer and your are the phone agent. Quick interview maybe 20-30 minutes long.   Answer Question